Windows 10: Tamper protection this setting is managed by your administrator

Discus and support Tamper protection this setting is managed by your administrator in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; please help on how to enable tamper protection on windows defender. tamper protection this setting is managed by your administrator and its off, what... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Seoe Tsalong, Jun 22, 2022.

1. Tamper protection this setting is managed by your administrator

please help on how to enable tamper protection on windows defender. tamper protection this setting is managed by your administrator and its off, what must I do to turn it on?I try looking for solution but to not helping

:)

Seoe Tsalong, Jun 22, 2022
  2. colsearle Win User

Tamper protection managed by administrator - greyed

My concern is that tamper protection should be switchable on off within Defender and not be marked as managed by an administrator and greyed. I am not asking how to reverse the changes I have made to the one PC where i changed the registry value.

There are times when i wish to disable Defender Realtime protection which is not possible with tamper protection turned on.

As I don't sign into of my machines I cannot imagine the setting is synced at all.

colsearle, Jun 22, 2022
  3. colsearle Win User

Greetings all

I have 2 desktop's and a laptop all on 21H2 local accounts apart from apps being allowed to sign into my MS account.

My laptop is dual booting 10 and 11. i am a home user in no way linked to any domains or work / school accounts. There is no other security on my computers.

On all of my machines tamper protection is greyed and the setting is marked managed by your administrator.

On one of my desktops I have changed the Tamper reg 5 to 0 which does turn it off however it is still greyed and marked managed by administrator. i have also tried removing WD permissions.

All machines behaving the same way... Can somebody shed some light ?

colsearle, Jun 22, 2022
  4. Tamper protection this setting is managed by your administrator

Well to start with, the tamper protection registry key is supposed to be protected in a way that prevents malware from circumventing it, including trying to change permissions on the key to change it. I have a feeling all you have done is disable the ability to change the setting for a normal/ admin user, rather than disable tamper protection. How exactly did you change the reg key?

Pejole2165, Jun 22, 2022
Thema:

Tamper protection this setting is managed by your administrator

1. Tamper protection this setting is managed by your administrator - Similar Threads - Tamper protection setting

2. Tamper Protection is turned OFF and marked as "This setting is managed by your administrator"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Tamper Protection is turned OFF and marked as "This setting is managed by your administrator": Tamper Protection is turned OFF and marked as "This setting is managed by your administrator" Please help, want it marked ON. I did some steps from 2019 and didn't work through cmd prompt and didn't work. I haven't seen any recent questions about this topic. 1 I’ve never used...
  3. Tamper Protection is turned OFF and marked as "This setting is managed by your administrator"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Tamper Protection is turned OFF and marked as "This setting is managed by your administrator": Tamper Protection is turned OFF and marked as "This setting is managed by your administrator" Please help, want it marked ON. I did some steps from 2019 and didn't work through cmd prompt and didn't work. I haven't seen any recent questions about this topic. 1 I’ve never used...
  4. Temper Protection This setting is managed by your administrator

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Temper Protection This setting is managed by your administrator: My windows is windows 11 pro with my personal account, then I log in my college account to get the office 365 and then this happened,I already disconnect my college account and switch into Local Account Administrator, but it doest work...
  5. Temper Protection This setting is managed by your administrator

Temper Protection This setting is managed by your administrator: My windows is windows 11 pro with my personal account, then I log in my college account to get the office 365 and then this happened,I already disconnect my college account and switch into Local Account Administrator, but it doest work...
  6. Tamper protection this setting is managed by your administrator

Tamper protection this setting is managed by your administrator: please help on how to enable tamper protection on windows defender. tamper protection this setting is managed by your administrator and its off, what must I do to turn it on?I try looking for solution but to not helping...
  7. Tamper Protection is turned OFF and marked as "This setting is managed by your administrator"

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Tamper Protection is turned OFF and marked as "This setting is managed by your administrator": Hello,On my Windows 10 PC I noticed that Tamper Protection is turned OFF and marked as "This setting is managed by your administrator." I am unable to turn it on.1 There is no anti-virus/anti-malware 3rd party software installed on the computer at all.2 This is my PC and I am...
  8. Virus & Threat protection settings are managed by your Administrator.

Virus & Threat protection settings are managed by your Administrator.: I went to go turn my Real-time protection off to download something and I can't, it says 'This setting is managed by your administrator.' I have installed malwarebytes to see if I have any viruses and it says I have none, I tried the solution where you delete...
  9. Tamper Protection "This setting is managed by your administrator" but I am and admin and...

Tamper Protection "This setting is managed by your administrator" but I am and admin and...: I am using Windows 10 and Just as the title says I have tried fixes online an none of them have worked. I even tried restoring my pc to try and fix it but still a problem. I don't know if this has anything to do with it but i cant turn on real time or do any type of scans...
  10. virus & threat protection settings this setting is managed by your administrator

virus & threat protection settings this setting is managed by your administrator: virus & threat protection settings this setting is managed by your administrator https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/virus-threat-protection-settings-this-setting-is/618872b2-6677-4c43-ba32-fef870b469be"