Windows 10: tamper

Discus and support tamper in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; how do i get defender to stop trying to get me to put tamper protection on, it leaves system tray with an orange triangle 134409 Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Wood, Jun 9, 2019.

1. Wood Win User

tamper

how do i get defender to stop trying to get me to put tamper protection on, it leaves system tray with an orange triangle

:)

Wood, Jun 9, 2019
  2. Crizal Win User

Defender Tamper Protection/1903

Moderators: This thread deals with Defender Tamper Protection setting and 1903. If this would be better served in a different location, please feel free to move the post.

Just wondering if anyone who installed 1903 is having any unusual issue with Defender's Tamper Protection.
    Here's the blow-by-blow.....

1. Friend and I were running 1809 and installed 1903 via Update Assistant on Tuesday, May 21st. No issues and Defender Tamper Protection was on (default setting).
    2. Two days later, the 23rd, friend gets alert that Tamper Protection is off. She turned it on and it seems to be holding.
    3. Today, I get the alert Tamper Protection is off and I turned it on. So far, it's holding.

I have no idea why Tamper Protection would turn off. Both computers are clean -- no viruses, trojans, malware or adware. We do not mess around in the registry and there is absolutely no third-party antivirus on either machine.

For now, I'm taking a wait-and-see if Tamper Protection turns off again. I don't know if it's a 1903 bug or not. Any ideas or suggestions would be appreciated.

Crizal, Jun 9, 2019
  3. coch Win User

For me, Tamper protection consistently turns off when installing Windows Defender updates (KB2267602). Immediately after updating if you check tamper protection it is off, when it was on before.

I thought perhaps the update required a reboot (even if it didn't warn me of this) to re-enable Tamper protection, so I rebooted to test it out, but it was still off after reboot

This happens whether I use offline updates downloaded from Microsoft, or automatic updates from Windows Updates.

Win10 1903 x64

coch, Jun 9, 2019
  4. Crizal Win User

tamper

It might be a one-time issue with 1903 but I'm not sure. Ever since my friend turned Tamper Protection back on last Thursday, it has not turned itself off again. And so far, mine is staying on since re-enabling it a day ago.

Crizal, Jun 9, 2019
Thema:

tamper

1. tamper - Similar Threads - tamper

2. tamper

in Windows 10 Support
    tamper: how do i get defender to stop trying to get me to put tamper protection on, it leaves system tray with an orange triangle 134409
  3. Were my videos tampered with

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Were my videos tampered with: Microsoft upgraded my Windows 10 and when checked it out I saw that the appearance of numerous videos had been altered. They'd had photo covers before, and after they looked like a downloaded music tab.. The videos still play without problem, but I wonder how they were...
  4. Defender Tamper Protection/1903

Defender Tamper Protection/1903: Moderators: This thread deals with Defender Tamper Protection setting and 1903. If this would be better served in a different location, please feel free to move the post. Just wondering if anyone who installed 1903 is having any unusual issue with Defender's Tamper...
  5. New Tamper protection in Microsoft Defender ATP for Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    New Tamper protection in Microsoft Defender ATP for Windows 10: We are committed to making our solutions resistant to attacks and continuously working towards raising the bar in security. In this blog we’re covering a key feature of our tampering protection strategies, which build on our previously announced Windows Defender Antivirus...
  6. Windows 10 1903: Windows Defender Antivirus gets Tamper Protection feature

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 1903: Windows Defender Antivirus gets Tamper Protection feature: Microsoft released a new preview build of the upcoming first feature update of 2019 for Windows 10; the new build, the last for this year according to Microsoft, introduced a number of interesting new features and changes to the operating system. We covered Windows Sandbox,...
  7. the task image is corrupt or has been tampered with (0x80041321)

the task image is corrupt or has been tampered with (0x80041321): Trying to make a backup of documents onto my external hard drive and keep getting this Error message, can someone please advise with help on this,...