Windows 10: ''Tap Here to make sure Cortana can hear you''

Discus and support ''Tap Here to make sure Cortana can hear you'' in Cortana to solve the problem; I upgraded my laptop from version 1809 to 1903, and I can't use Cortana. When I press the cortana icon on my taskbar, I get the ''Tap Here to make sure... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by Alex-_, Mar 8, 2020.

1. Alex-_ Win User

''Tap Here to make sure Cortana can hear you''

I upgraded my laptop from version 1809 to 1903, and I can't use Cortana. When I press the cortana icon on my taskbar, I get the ''Tap Here to make sure Cortana can hear you'' error, and I just don't know what to do :'

''Tap Here to make sure Cortana can hear you'' 60b94948-43d6-497c-a38c-e5a8d09c871f?upload=true.png

:)

Alex-_, Mar 8, 2020
  2. Eric Win User

Tap here to make sure Cortana can hear you

When I click on the microphone icon in the Cortana search box on my Asus laptop running Windows 10 x64 16299.98 I don't hear the tone that Cortana normally plays when she used to do when she listening to me (and continues to do on my work laptop and my Lumia 950). Instead I see Tap here to make sure Cortana can hear you

I don't have the greatest built-in microphone in the world, but when I've tried the voice test number on Skype I can hear myself okay. I would expect that if Cortana couldn't hear me I'd hear the "Sorry about that I didn't hear anything." message.

I've followed the Tap here link to both the "I can't hear Cortana" and "Cortana can't hear me." If I follow "I can't hear Cortana" I get taken to this:

''Tap Here to make sure Cortana can hear you'' ZrEwz.png

I don't see anything to change (and I can hear the test sounds it plays afterward).

If I follow the link to "Cortana can't hear me" I get taken to:

''Tap Here to make sure Cortana can hear you'' qUc2w.png

but it doesn't fix my problem.

Eric, Mar 8, 2020
  3. Cortana can't hear me

Hi Isidora,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I regret the inconvenience caused to you. Let me help you.

• Do you see any error code or error message on the screen?
    I suggest you to go through the below methods and check if it helps.

Step 1:

I suggest you enable settings in the Playback Devices and check if it helps.

Follow the below steps:

• Right click on the speaker icon on your taskbar.
    • Select Playback Devices.
    • Click on the Playback Devices and right click on the
      Speakers/Headphones.
    • Check mark on the Show Disabled Devices and
      Show Disconnected Devices.
    If the issue persists the follow the below step.

Step 2:

I suggest you to refer to the following Microsoft article on Cortana can't hear me and check if it helps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/Windows-10/cortana-cant-hear-me

Reference: Refer to the following Microsoft article on
    Cortana & search.

Check if it helps.

I hope the issue will be resolved. If not, please feel free to contact us again. We will be happy to assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Aswin_Anand, Mar 8, 2020
  4. ''Tap Here to make sure Cortana can hear you''

Cortana apparently can't hear me

Hi Jim,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Try the following steps and check if it helps.

Step 1:

I suggest you enable settings in the Playback Devices and check if it helps.

Follow the below steps:

• Right click on the speaker icon on your Taskbar.
    • Select Playback Devices.
    • Click on the Playback Devices and right click on the
      Speakers/Headphones.
    • Check mark on the Show Disabled Devices and
      Show Disconnected Devices.
    If the issue persists the follow the below step.

Step 2:

I suggest you to refer to the following Microsoft article on Cortana can't hear me and check if it helps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/Windows-10/cortana-cant-hear-me

Hope these information helps, please get back to us for future support, we’ll be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Prabhavathi Patil, Mar 8, 2020
Thema:

''Tap Here to make sure Cortana can hear you''

1. ''Tap Here to make sure Cortana can hear you'' - Similar Threads - ''Tap Here sure

2. making sure its you popup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    making sure its you popup: Authenticity and safety of making sure its you popup https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/making-sure-its-you-popup/45256e90-7098-481d-89e8-543cb7919b1f
  3. making sure its you popup

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    making sure its you popup: Authenticity and safety of making sure its you popup https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/making-sure-its-you-popup/45256e90-7098-481d-89e8-543cb7919b1f
  4. making sure its you popup

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Windows Security Making Sure it's you

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows Security Making Sure it's you: I started getting "Windows Security Making Sure it's you" ... "Please enter your security key PIN". I don't have a PIN, my security key has a spot on the side of it that you touch to activate the code which is not seen after it is put into a USB port. Can anyone help me with...
  6. Windows Security Making Sure it's you

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Security Making Sure it's you: I started getting "Windows Security Making Sure it's you" ... "Please enter your security key PIN". I don't have a PIN, my security key has a spot on the side of it that you touch to activate the code which is not seen after it is put into a USB port. Can anyone help me with...
  7. Windows Security Making Sure it's you

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. "Making Sure It's You" Almost Every Day

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    "Making Sure It's You" Almost Every Day: For the past few weeks I keep getting this prompt to re-enter my pin almost every day. Is my account glitched? Should I re-install fresh? I have a Key that was given to me by support after my Windows 7 to 10 key didn't work anymore after I did a re-build, if that matters at...
  9. Turn off "Just Making Sure it's You"

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Turn off "Just Making Sure it's You": Okay, I was just watching a video when all of the sudden, I got a pop up window from Windows Security, saying "Just Making Sure it's You" and required me to enter my PIN. This has so far been the only time it's happened to me, but I'm already enraged. I ran a search on the...
  10. Making sure you are ready to Install

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Making sure you are ready to Install: In the ISO setup, this is taking a LONG time. I would say over 10 minutes. [img] So, does anyone know what does this step actually do that's taking very long? Would be nice to know why it is just taking forever. 81184

Users found this page by searching for:

1. its showing tap here to make sure cortana can hear you

2. Tap here to make sure Cortana can hear you