Windows 10: Tap to touch not working after installing Windows Precision Mouse driver

Discus and support Tap to touch not working after installing Windows Precision Mouse driver in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi! This problem happened after i installed Windows precision Elan touchpad driver. The driver worked perfectly. But after 2 or 3 day, the tap to touch... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by troyguard, Oct 9, 2019.

1. troyguard Win User

Tap to touch not working after installing Windows Precision Mouse driver

Hi! This problem happened after i installed Windows precision Elan touchpad driver. The driver worked perfectly. But after 2 or 3 day, the tap to touch (left click) is not working. But the other function worked, two fingers tap (right click), multi finger (zoom,scroll,etc.). The physical click both right and left worked fine. The only problem is one finger tap to click. I had to reinstall the driver to use tap to click. After God knows when, tap to click is not working again.

I have tried :

• Reinstalling the driver
    • Rolling back to older version with no Windows Precission

What seems to be the problem?

Thank you in advance.

:)

troyguard, Oct 9, 2019

2. Mouse/touchpad not working after installation

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community. I understand the inconvenience you are facing. I will certainly help you with this. Kindly follow the below given methods:

Method 1:

I suggest you to change mouse pointer setting and check if it works. Kindly follow the below given steps and check if it works:

• Open Mouse Properties by pressing Windows key + X, and then clicking
      Control Panel. In the search box, type mouse, and then click
      Mouse.
    • Click the Pointer Options tab, and then do any of the following:
      • To change the speed at which the mouse pointer moves, under
        Motion, move the Select a pointer speed slider toward
        Slow or Fast.
      • To make the pointer work more accurately when you're moving the mouse slowly, under
        Motion, select the Enhance pointer precision check box.
      • Check the Enhance Pointer precision checkbox and click Apply and OK.
    Method 2:

If issue persist, I suggest you to run the Hardware and Devices
    troubleshooter and check if it helps.

• Type troubleshooting in the search bar.
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • Select View all on the top left corner.
    • Click on Hardware and Devices.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions to run the troubleshooter.
    • Check if issue persists.
    Method 3:

If issue persist, I suggest you to try installing it in compatibility mode. Compatibility mode runs the program using settings from a previous version of Windows. Follow these steps to install the drivers in compatibility mode and check if that helps.

• Download the touchpad or Synaptic Touch pad drivers from the manufacturer’s website.
    • Right-click on the driver setup file and click on ‘Properties’.
    • Click on the ‘Compatibility’ tab and check the box
      ‘Run this program in compatibility mode for’
      and select Windows 8/8.1 operating system from the drop down menu and proceed with the installation. Once this is done, restart the computer and check if the issue persists.
    Hope this information is helpful. Do reply if you need further assistance, we will be happy to help you.

Thank you.

Parth P Patel, Oct 9, 2019
  3. Anne Ros Win User
    Wireless mouse "driver is unavailable" issues

Hi,

The error Driver is unavailable means that there is no available driver installed for your mouse that’s why it is not working. We suggest that you check the mouse driver from the device manager. Follow the steps below:

• Open Device Manager.
    • Look for Mice and other pointing devices and click it to expand.
    • Check if there is a driver for the wireless mouse.

If there is none, we suggest that you visit the manufacturer’s website of the mouse and download then install the latest mouse driver compatible to Windows 10.

Get back to us if you need further assistance.

Anne Ros, Oct 9, 2019
  4. Tap to touch not working after installing Windows Precision Mouse driver

Windows 7 wont install drivers

+1

If you having an issue installing a driver that worked before you formatted or wont install on a fresh build, sometimes this means hardware damage

brandonwh64, Oct 9, 2019
Thema:

Tap to touch not working after installing Windows Precision Mouse driver

1. Tap to touch not working after installing Windows Precision Mouse driver - Similar Threads - Tap touch working

2. mouse and touch pad is not working after updates

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    mouse and touch pad is not working after updates: why is my mouse and touchpad not working after upadate windows into my computer.i can't find my mouse and touch pad settings it is not into setting area...
  3. Arc Touch Bluetooth Mouse tap to click

Arc Touch Bluetooth Mouse tap to click: Is there/will there ever be support for tap to click for the Arc Touch Bluetooth Mouse? I've tried 2 MS software. Disappointed that the software in the Microsoft store does not connect when run and had to find MS mouse and keyboard center.. just seems like it would be a...
  4. Installing windows precision trackpad driver

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Installing windows precision trackpad driver: My laptop is Lenovo Ideapad 320. I tried installing precision touchpad but my trackpad just stopped working after that. I reverted back to the prior driver which is ELAN. I need to know if anyone has successfully managed to upgrade a ideapad elan touchpad to precision...
  5. TAP driver installation fails

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    TAP driver installation fails: Hi, I have a serious problem with my laptop. Based on my location, I'm always in need of a VPN and NordVPN would always serve me well. For some reasons I had to delete my nordvpn TAP adapter, but after trying to re-install it, it would always fail. I tried tons of things...
  6. TAP driver is failing to install.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    TAP driver is failing to install.: Hello, I'v been using Urban VPN for Windows for a long time until I had a problem or something like that and I had to uninstall it. After I reinstalled it and opened it it failed to connect many times and I kept deleting and reinstalling it until I finally found out that the...
  7. MS Precision mouse not working in 1909

MS Precision mouse not working in 1909: Hello: I had my mouse working in Win 10 1803. Cleanly updated to v 1909, and can't get the mouse to work. MS Mouse and Keyboard Center installed. In Bluetooth & other devices: Microsoft USB Wireless Mouse (Mouse and Keyboard Center) and Microsoft Wireless Transceiver are...
  8. Unable to install TAP driver

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Unable to install TAP driver: After the most recent Windows 10 update and NordVPN update, my NordVPN service would not connect to any servers. I uninstalled and re-installed NordVPN and OpenVPN. Both tell me that the TAP device drivers can not be installed. How do I fix this issue?...
  9. Can't Install tap driver

Can't Install tap driver: Hello. i am using windows 10 and i cannot install tap driver it hangs on tap update(tap0901) (may need confirmation) and after a long time it show the following error- An error occurerd installing the TAP device driver I've read many articles on this issue but cannot...
  10. Can't Install tap driver

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can't Install tap driver: Hello. i am using windows 10 and i cannot install tap driver it hangs on tap update(tap0901) (may need confirmation) and after a long time it show the following error- An error occurerd installing the TAP device driver I've read many articles on this issue but cannot...