Windows 10: TAP-Windows Adapter V9 keeps reappearing even after I uninstalled

Discus and support TAP-Windows Adapter V9 keeps reappearing even after I uninstalled in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi, so about a week ago, I am having this problem. These Ehternet 2/3/X kept appearing and if I don't disable them, it won't let me access the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by JP_WinQA, Jul 5, 2020.

1. JP_WinQA Win User

TAP-Windows Adapter V9 keeps reappearing even after I uninstalled

Hi, so about a week ago, I am having this problem. These Ehternet 2/3/X kept appearing and if I don't disable them, it won't let me access the internet, so I decided to uninstall its drivers and delete it, and it all went well. BUT, after I shutdown and reopen my laptop, these TAP-Windows Adapter V9 would reinstall by them self, and I don't know why it does that.

I have googled for answers, and so far, I found none that is working. I have also read somewhere that theseTAP-Windows Adapter V9 is how some hackers use to steal data from your comp, not sure if that is true but it is making me worried.

And I do not use VPN, I don't even know how to use one.

My Laptop is running Windows 10.

I am just worried and I want it to be gone.

This is a Repost from below link , Problem occurred way back in 2015 but its still answered properly.

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/tap-windows-adapter-v9-keeps-reappearing-even/3128a3dd-172e-4b2d-86b9-1e7eaba24371

================================================================================

My Question for discussion is why this problem not getting a resolvable answer till now in 2020.

:)

JP_WinQA, Jul 5, 2020

2. TAP-Windows Adapter V9 keeps reappearing even after I uninstalled

TAP-Windows Adapter V9 keeps reappearing even after I uninstalled ee46b26a-16ac-4dd4-9a6b-61344f62e1fe.png

Hi, so about a week ago, I am having this problem. These Ehternet 2/3/X kept appearing and if I don't disable them, it won't let me access the internet, so I decided to uninstall its drivers and delete it, and it all went well. BUT, after
    I shutdown and reopen my laptop, these TAP-Windows Adapter V9 would reinstall by them self, and I don't know why it does that.

I have googled for answers, and so far, I found none that is working. I have also read somewhere that these
    TAP-Windows Adapter V9 is how some hackers use to steal data from your comp, not sure if that is true but it is making me worried.

And I do not use VPN, I don't even know how to use one.

My Laptop is running Windows 10.

I am just worried and I want it to be gone.

kevincatssing, Jul 5, 2020
  3. TAP-Windows Adapter V9 keeps reappearing even after I uninstalled

But it does cause a problem, like, if I don't disable it, it won't let me use the internet, and its the first time I have seen TAP Windows Adapter V9 in my comp since I've bought it a few months ago.

kevincatssing, Jul 5, 2020
  4. Drheath99 Win User

I'm having same thing happen - just recently - TAP-Windows Adapter V9 - and in my Network Connections i'm seeing an "unidentified Network" which I didn't set-up and it is really slowing my internet speed and randomly kicking me off the internet!

Any ideas or explanations?

Thanks!

Drheath99, Jul 5, 2020
Thema:

1. TAP-Windows Adapter V9 keeps reappearing even after I uninstalled - Similar Threads - TAP Adapter keeps

2. tap windows adapter v9 error code 52

in Windows 10 Gaming
    tap windows adapter v9 error code 52: picture of the error: https://postimg.cc/5YB5TRbmthis is for vpn adaptors to connect, idk why i get this error, i have this error for 2 months and some of my vpns can't connect, my windows,drivers and every single program is updated, i also tried uninstalling the drive and...
  3. tap windows adapter v9 error code 52

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    tap windows adapter v9 error code 52: picture of the error: https://postimg.cc/5YB5TRbmthis is for vpn adaptors to connect, idk why i get this error, i have this error for 2 months and some of my vpns can't connect, my windows,drivers and every single program is updated, i also tried uninstalling the drive and...
  4. ROOT\NET\0002 error on TAP-windows adapter v9

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    ROOT\NET\0002 error on TAP-windows adapter v9: Hi, This problem started about five days ago.I ran my vpn to connect to the internet I use vpn because of the censorship policies of the foreign country I work for to be able to use sites like youtube, twitter , etc. but an error was shown: "failed to initialize vpn adapter."...
  5. Onedrive folder keeps reappearing even after uninstall

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Onedrive folder keeps reappearing even after uninstall: Hi,As I installed OneDrvie on my PC, it integrated my system folders Pictures, Documents, ... with OneDrive, i.e. put these folder on the OneDrive and synch them with cloud, which I absolutely would have not allowed knowingly.It really really bothered me, I tried to fix it...
  6. TAP-Windows adapter v9 error

TAP-Windows adapter v9 error: My Surface Pro says there is a problem with my TAP-Windows adapter v9 but troubleshooter can't identify it. I have tried disabling and re-enabling it, but that hasn't worked. I also have not installed a VPN, so that is not the cause. I don't know how to fix this and I really...
  7. Windows 10 Tap-Adapter V9 not operational

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 Tap-Adapter V9 not operational: Trying to use "OpenVPN." Tap-Adapter V9 Windows 10 x64 1909 reporting "unplugged cable." Network Tap-adapter properties reports "not operational." Have tried disabling and re-enabling; does not change anything. Removed Tap-adapter; then removed open OpenVPN....
  8. How to reinstall Tap-windows adapter V9?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How to reinstall Tap-windows adapter V9?: Today when I'm setting my VPN I mistakenly deleted my Tap-windows adapter V9 driver, so my vpn SSTap can no longer be used... How to reinstall it? note: I [uninstalled] not [disabled] the driver... So maybe I should ask where I can download one driver again... another...
  9. TAP-Windows Provider V9

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    TAP-Windows Provider V9: Does window have drivers by this name? i have apparently had this driver since 6/2018 and just noticed it. The only reason i even noticed it when i did was i was looking to see if there was anything wrong with any of me usb ports as i was having trouble with my keyboard and...
  10. 13x TAP-Windows Adapter V9?

13x TAP-Windows Adapter V9?: Hi guys, i really need help on this. Anyways, lets get started. So, as i recently wanted to check why my Gigabit Adapter does not take in Gigabit anymore since the upgrade to Windows 10 Pro, i checked by in the Network Sharing Center, and went under the Adapter Settings....