Windows 10: Tapping Hell

Discus and support Tapping Hell in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Okay, I'm using a HP Pavilion Power laptop 15-cb0xx on Windows 10 with an internal Elan Clickpad, I'm not sure the model but the Hardware ID says... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Tempy111, Apr 4, 2020.

1. Tempy111 Win User

Tapping Hell

Okay, I'm using a HP Pavilion Power laptop 15-cb0xx on Windows 10 with an internal Elan Clickpad, I'm not sure the model but the Hardware ID says ETD0731

It kinda happens randomly at times but Tapping (tap to click) turns on and is really REALLY annoying.. I extremely hate Tapping to click..

I go to the Elan device settings and it says that Tapping is off. I can reinstall, turn it on and off, and nothing changes.

After looking around, I've edited some reg values for disabled tapping but nope, nothing there either. No matter what I seam to do, Tapping to click is on.

Does anyone have any ideas what else I could try?

UPDATE: it's kinda getting worse.. only thing I can notice is there is a 'one finger click' option in the settings which clicks by just having your finger on the pad itself. this cannot be disabled via the elan settings. After this one-finger click, it says the 2 corner (bottom) buttons for left and right. Wonder if that stupid thing is something to do with it..

:)

Tempy111, Apr 4, 2020

2. Uninstall TAP Windows Adapter V9

SOLVED

• Step 1: Download OpenVPN and install with ALL features from HERE : Community Downloads | OpenVPN
    • Step 2: Open CMD.exe as administrator and go to the file location of "C:\Program Files\OpenVPN\bin" or whatever that turns out to be.
    • Step 3: Follow the "Installing and uninstalling TAP-drivers" section from the website

HERE
      : https://community.openvpn.net/openvpn/wiki/ManagingWindowsTAPDrivers
    • OR JUST READ BELOW
    • Step 4: How to get the <id> for the next section:
      • Go to Network Connections
      • Right click the TAP device you want to remove
      • Click Properties
      • Click Details
      • Using the drop-down menu, get the Hardware ID
        • This is usually something like: tapoes, tap0901 etc
    • Step 5: Remove those suckers by typing the following into CMD: tapinstall.exe remove (ID from step 4)
      • it should look something like this below:
    • Step 6: If you have devices that were not removed, repeat Steps 4-5 for all TAP adapters
    • Step 7: Restart!
    • Step 8: Uninstall OpenVPN and you're all set!

Supplementary information from the site:

Occasionally you may need play with different TAP-driver versions. In this case you can use devcon.exe from the Windows command-prompt. Below are some common commands you can run from an administrator Powershell
    or cmd.exe console:

List available TAP-Windows adapters:

List network interfaces (incl. TAP-Windows adapters):

View information about an installed driver:

Uninstall a TAP-driver:

To verify TAP-driver removal:

Install a new TAP-driver:

Update a TAP-driver:

Notes:

• <id> refers to the driver identifier which is tap0901 for OpenVPN 2.2+, but may be different in older/newer OpenVPN versions.
    • <something.inf> is typically OemWin2k.inf (old tap-drivers) or OemVista.inf (newer tap-drivers). You need to specify the full path to this file, e.g.C:\Program Files\TAP-Windows\driver\OemVista.inf.
    By installing multiple times, you will create additional TAP-Windows adapter instances, which can be used for multiple concurrent VPN tunnels. It is also possible to install using Control Panel -> Add New Hardware,
    and it is possible to uninstall using Control Panel -> System -> Hardware -> Device Manager.

CarlTutton, Apr 4, 2020
  3. Taskbar bug: switching to another window -will not appear at the front

Follow either of these steps to fix the issue with the Active window hiding behind.

Method 1:
    I suggest you to disable window by hovering over it with the mouse and check if it helps. To do so I suggest you to try the below given steps and check if it helps:

1. Press Windows key + X key and click on Control Panel.
    2. Select or click Ease of Access.
    3. Click or tap onEase of Access Centre.
    4. Click on Make the Mouse Easier to Use was uncheck Activate Window by hovering over it with the mouse.
    5. Check if issue is resolved.
    Method 2:
    I would suggest you to completely uninstall the touchpad driver and reinstall it. Kindly follow the below given steps.

1. Press “Windows key + X” and click on “Device Manager”.
    2. In the list of devices, you should see the touchpad drivers.
    3. Right click on the device and then select "Uninstall".
    4. In the uninstall dialog, make sure you select the option to delete the driver package from the system. This causes the driver package installed earlier to be deleted.
    5. In the Action menu of Device manager, select “Scan for Hardware changes” option. This will cause the device driver to be reinstalled. Once the driver is installed, close all windows and restart the computer.

ChojiTiger, Apr 4, 2020
  4. Tapping Hell

lumia 950 tap to pay

Since the card and the bank is not yet supported by Microsoft Wallet, it is best that you send a suggestion using the Feedback Hub app so we can add it in the future. To send a feedback on your phone, you can follow the steps below:

• Go to All Apps, search for the Feedback
      Hub app.
    • Open the menu icon at the top left side.
    • Select Feedback, then at the top right side, tap the
      add
      button (+).
    • Select Suggestion and fill up the box with the details needed.
    • Select the right category and then submit.

Don't hesitate to ask the community if you need further assistance.

Michael Rey, Apr 4, 2020
Thema:

Tapping Hell

1. Tapping Hell - Similar Threads - Tapping Hell

2. [Solved] - JUST SHUT UP "Add a Device Tap to set up your iPhone"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    [Solved] - JUST SHUT UP "Add a Device Tap to set up your iPhone": Does it keep asking you to "Add a Device Tap to set up your iPhone" over, and over, and over, AND OVER, AND OVER, AND OVER...?It wouldn't be a big deal if you actually COULD setup the iPhone to work with Windows 11, but you CAN'T. The integration is trash. It doesn't work...
  3. [Solved] - JUST SHUT UP "Add a Device Tap to set up your iPhone"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    [Solved] - JUST SHUT UP "Add a Device Tap to set up your iPhone": Does it keep asking you to "Add a Device Tap to set up your iPhone" over, and over, and over, AND OVER, AND OVER, AND OVER...?It wouldn't be a big deal if you actually COULD setup the iPhone to work with Windows 11, but you CAN'T. The integration is trash. It doesn't work...
  4. TAPPING OF LAPTOP

TAPPING OF LAPTOP: how to know whether my laptop is being tapped https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/tapping-of-laptop/69cf2195-8fa2-4fa8-a118-cb54dcd6ee4d
  5. TAPPING OF LAPTOP

in Windows 10 Gaming
    TAPPING OF LAPTOP: how to know whether my laptop is being tapped https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/tapping-of-laptop/69cf2195-8fa2-4fa8-a118-cb54dcd6ee4d
  6. How can I disable the physical touchpad buttons while leaving tap to click enabled?

How can I disable the physical touchpad buttons while leaving tap to click enabled?: I use a HP Pavilion x360 and unfortunately if I apply any pressure to the left of the touchpad right where my wrist lays while typing, the physical left click button triggers and causes all sorts of problems. I'd like to disable this button, and instead use tap gestures to...
  7. How can I disable the physical touchpad buttons while leaving tap to click enabled?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I disable the physical touchpad buttons while leaving tap to click enabled?: I use a HP Pavilion x360 and unfortunately if I apply any pressure to the left of the touchpad right where my wrist lays while typing, the physical left click button triggers and causes all sorts of problems. I'd like to disable this button, and instead use tap gestures to...
  8. When I tap window key one time,It keep Tiggering

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    When I tap window key one time,It keep Tiggering: Dear community,When i tap window key on keyboard,it keep Tiggering,example,i tap win+r then i cancel it,then I got to search bar and type a word,but every time I type word,the word are not shop but showing onther page,even i don't tap win,but every time i tap a word such like...
  9. When I tap window key one time,It keep Tiggering

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When I tap window key one time,It keep Tiggering: Dear community,When i tap window key on keyboard,it keep Tiggering,example,i tap win+r then i cancel it,then I got to search bar and type a word,but every time I type word,the word are not shop but showing onther page,even i don't tap win,but every time i tap a word such like...
  10. When I tap window key one time,It keep Tiggering