Windows 10: Target removal through .bat file of remnant apps

Discus and support Target removal through .bat file of remnant apps in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have comprised the following using the information provided on this site, a .bat file that removes all apps from local, other accounts and future... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by SightUp, Jan 19, 2020.

1. SightUp Win User

Target removal through .bat file of remnant apps

I have comprised the following using the information provided on this site, a .bat file that removes all apps from local, other accounts and future accounts.

Apps.zip

However, upon launching CCleaner > Tools > Uninstall we have several remnants that are left behind we need to figure out how to completely remove via the .bat file.

List of Remnant Apps:
    • App Installer
    • Microsoft Pay
    • Store Experience Host
    • Xbox Game Bar
    • Xbox Identity Provider
    • Xbox Live

Can anyone tell me how we can actually remove these completely via .bat?

:)

SightUp, Jan 19, 2020

2. Updating .bat File, Removing Default Apps

Hi SightUp.

Don't have a bat file but step 4 in Option 2 will give you complete list and you can mod yours.

Uninstall Apps in Windows 10

Ken

Caledon Ken, Jan 20, 2020
  3. Bree Win User
    Updating .bat File, Removing Default Apps

By default, commands in a .bat file are echoed to the screen as they are executed. The @ sign in a .bat file says 'don't echo the command on this line'. The REM command is a 'remark' (all text that follows is a comment and not an executable command line). That line is therefore not shown on screen when you run the .bat and is just there to tell you what the purpose of the .bat file is.

4. Target removal through .bat file of remnant apps

Windows 10 does not pass target to Legacy exe apps

Actually, a screen shot would tell you less than my describing what happens. As I tell in my previous follow up note, debugging my own programs reveals that W10 does pass the target in the command line but quotes it whereas earlier Windows versions pass
    the target path+file as a raw unquoted command line. I have modified my programs to accommodate this.

I can't say why commercial programs, for which I have no source code, also fail to open the target file but I have discovered additional behavioral information. The failure occurs only if they are run with Administrator rights, in which case, going through
    the bat file corrects whatever W10 does to the command line in this case that is different from when the app is run with lower privilege. I can't investigate this by elevating the bat file's run privilege because Windows doesn't allow that.

I think a programming forum is more appropriate for the root issue of this problem. But this forum is a reasonable venue for me to offer advice to others who are finding this problem with legacy apps. If the app does open due to "open with" or as default
    but doesn't display the file, try going through a bat file as I suggest in my first post.

DavidHMcCracken, Jan 20, 2020
Thema:

Target removal through .bat file of remnant apps

1. Target removal through .bat file of remnant apps - Similar Threads - Target removal through

2. [SOLVED] Unable to remove remnants of Windows.Old

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    [SOLVED] Unable to remove remnants of Windows.Old: Hello,I recently dug up an old computer that I used some times ago. This computer wasn’t performing well so I decided to reset it, so as to have it cleaned up from all the junks and scraps it had. The reset went successfully, everything deleted. Although, when browsing my...
  3. [SOLVED] Unable to remove remnants of Windows.Old

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    [SOLVED] Unable to remove remnants of Windows.Old: Hello,I recently dug up an old computer that I used some times ago. This computer wasn’t performing well so I decided to reset it, so as to have it cleaned up from all the junks and scraps it had. The reset went successfully, everything deleted. Although, when browsing my...
  4. [SOLVED] Unable to remove remnants of Windows.Old

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Unable to remove remnants of Windows.Old

Unable to remove remnants of Windows.Old: Hello,I recently dug up an old computer that I used some times ago. This computer wasn’t performing well so I decided to reset it, so as to have it cleaned up from all the junks and scraps it had. The reset went successfully, everything deleted. Although, when browsing my...
  6. Unable to remove remnants of Windows.Old

Unable to remove remnants of Windows.Old: Hello,I recently dug up an old computer that I used some times ago. This computer wasn’t performing well so I decided to reset it, so as to have it cleaned up from all the junks and scraps it had. The reset went successfully, everything deleted. Although, when browsing my...
  7. Unable to remove remnants of Windows.Old

in Windows 10 Gaming
  8. App Packages .bat File Erroring

App Packages .bat File Erroring: I am getting nothing but errors when I attempt to run my .bat file as an Admin. Can anyone tell me what's going on? PowerShell -Command "Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like "*Microsoft.3dbuilder*"} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online"...
  9. Removal of Installation File Remnants after Uninstall

Removal of Installation File Remnants after Uninstall: After noticing certain issues with a program after I downloaded and installed it (CyberLink Media Suite 15 Ultra), I decided to uninstall the program and re-install it from the back-up disk. But when I uninstalled the program, the installation folder remained in the Program...
  10. Updating .bat File, Removing Default Apps

Updating .bat File, Removing Default Apps: I haven't reinstalled Windows 10 or updated it in about a year. When I did, there were several new apps that are completely junk. I have a .bat file that I use to clean stuff up but it's a little outdated and I had to go into the Start menu and uninstall a few apps by hand....