Windows 10: TargetReleaseVersionInfo

Discus and support TargetReleaseVersionInfo in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi There,I have set the TargetReleaseVersionInfo via GPO yesterday, to our new Feature update we are going to 22H2 however when checking for updates in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Ben Woodman, Jan 31, 2023.

1. TargetReleaseVersionInfo

Hi There,I have set the TargetReleaseVersionInfo via GPO yesterday, to our new Feature update we are going to 22H2 however when checking for updates in Windows update it does not allow the 22H2 update to be found and says i am up to date yet still only on 20H2.Is there any logs i can check to find out why this is happening? I can clear down SoftwareDistribution folder but would like to see if there is a way i can look into logs before just deleting and trying again.Kind regards,Ben

:)

Ben Woodman, Jan 31, 2023
  2. EdieShack Win User

Windows News: TargetReleaseVersionInfo

Is the TargetReleaseVersionInfo different in that you can lock into a specific version that you want? I guess they all achieve the same goal.

EdieShack, Jan 31, 2023
  3. EdieShack Win User
    Windows News: TargetReleaseVersionInfo

This likely belongs in Windows 10 News, but I'm not senior enough to have access.

read more here: Microsoft nixes update deferral settings, but gives us a TargetReleaseVersionInfo | Computerworld

- - - Updated - - -

Sorry if this is already well known here - I couldn't find anything when I searched under TargetReleaseVersionInfo.

EdieShack, Jan 31, 2023
  4. JELaBarre Win User

TargetReleaseVersionInfo

Safe version value for TargetReleaseVersionInfo to prevent MSWin11

I have set up the Registry keys to lock the MSWin10 version to 21H2 (HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\WindowsUpdate\TargetReleaseVersionInfo). The question is, can I set the TargetReleaseVersionInfo to the upcoming 22H2 version and still keep a system on MSWin10? Because it looks like both MSWin10 and MSWin11 are using the same version number, and I wouldn't want to set up a system for someone only to have the Updates system turn around and inflict MSWin11 on them. Because then I'd have to go through all the trouble of wiping the system and re-installing/re-configuring/decrappifying MSWin10 all over again.

JELaBarre, Jan 31, 2023
Thema:

TargetReleaseVersionInfo

1. TargetReleaseVersionInfo - Similar Threads - TargetReleaseVersionInfo

2. TargetReleaseversionInfo to block Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    TargetReleaseversionInfo to block Windows 11: I've read how you can block the Windows 11 upgrade by setting the TargetReleaseversionInfo registry key to the version of Windows 10 you want to limit updates to. If the Win10 machine is currently running 21H2, do you have to put 21H2 in that key, or could you set it to 22H2...
  3. TargetReleaseversionInfo to block Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    TargetReleaseversionInfo to block Windows 11: I've read how you can block the Windows 11 upgrade by setting the TargetReleaseversionInfo registry key to the version of Windows 10 you want to limit updates to. If the Win10 machine is currently running 21H2, do you have to put 21H2 in that key, or could you set it to 22H2...
  4. TargetReleaseversionInfo to block Windows 11

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. TargetReleaseVersionInfo

in Windows 10 Gaming
    TargetReleaseVersionInfo: Hi There,I have set the TargetReleaseVersionInfo via GPO yesterday, to our new Feature update we are going to 22H2 however when checking for updates in Windows update it does not allow the 22H2 update to be found and says i am up to date yet still only on 20H2.Is there any...
  6. TargetReleaseVersionInfo

TargetReleaseVersionInfo: Hi There,I have set the TargetReleaseVersionInfo via GPO yesterday, to our new Feature update we are going to 22H2 however when checking for updates in Windows update it does not allow the 22H2 update to be found and says i am up to date yet still only on 20H2.Is there any...
  7. Safe version value for TargetReleaseVersionInfo to prevent MSWin11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Safe version value for TargetReleaseVersionInfo to prevent MSWin11: I have set up the Registry keys to lock the MSWin10 version to 21H2 HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\WindowsUpdate\TargetReleaseVersionInfo. The question is, can I set the TargetReleaseVersionInfo to the upcoming 22H2 version and still keep a system on...
  8. Safe version value for TargetReleaseVersionInfo to prevent MSWin11

Safe version value for TargetReleaseVersionInfo to prevent MSWin11: I have set up the Registry keys to lock the MSWin10 version to 21H2 HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\WindowsUpdate\TargetReleaseVersionInfo. The question is, can I set the TargetReleaseVersionInfo to the upcoming 22H2 version and still keep a system on...
  9. Safe version value for TargetReleaseVersionInfo to prevent MSWin11

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  10. Windows News: TargetReleaseVersionInfo

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows News: TargetReleaseVersionInfo: This likely belongs in Windows 10 News, but I'm not senior enough to have access. Microsoft nixes update deferral settings, but gives us a TargetReleaseVersionInfo The company intentionally removed the "update deferral" options from the Win10 version 2004 Update Advanced...