Windows 10: task bar and a blank screen flashing off and on after update

Discus and support task bar and a blank screen flashing off and on after update in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; My desktop just finished installing updated and on restart all in getting is the task bar and a blank screen flashing off and on . From reading some of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by OvertDolphin339, Nov 16, 2018.

1. task bar and a blank screen flashing off and on after update

My desktop just finished installing updated and on restart all in getting is the task bar and a blank screen flashing off and on . From reading some of the others having this same issue only a fresh install will rectify this mine was an upgrade so i have no product key . i really dont want to do that so how can i fix this

:)

OvertDolphin339, Nov 16, 2018

2. task bar icons blank

After applying the november windows 10 home update three of my task bar icons have become blank sheets. The ones changed are edge, store and wunderlist. The remainder are fine. The icons of the three appear correct in the all apps list. I have tried
    unpin and re-pin with no change. The three applications work correctly and start fine from the task bar. It is just hard to remember which application is which blank. Note this has happened on my hp laptop which was upgraded from windows 8.1, My desktop
    which has windows 10 professional does not have the problem. It was upgraded from windows 7 professional.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

RussGarside, Nov 16, 2018
  3. task bar icons blank

Thank you for the suggestion. I checked a different user account which I had setup when windows 10 was first updated but had never accessed since. It does not have blank task bar icons.

RussGarside, Nov 16, 2018
  4. task bar and a blank screen flashing off and on after update

Cannot modify Task Bar settings

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will be happy to assist you.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if the issue persists.

• Right click on the Task Bar.
    • Uncheck the option " Lock the Taskbar."

Hope this helps.

Arvind Ram, Nov 16, 2018
Thema:

task bar and a blank screen flashing off and on after update

1. task bar and a blank screen flashing off and on after update - Similar Threads - task bar blank

2. No task bar and/or blank screen after windows updated

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No task bar and/or blank screen after windows updated: I am using Windows 10 professional. 64 bit. After an update 3 days ago my desktop computer is missing the taskbar. A black space is there where it should be. Neither the mouse nor keyboard respond. Logitech 320 combo IT has fresh batteries. Have rebooted multiple times 12 or...
  3. No task bar and/or blank screen after windows updated

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No task bar and/or blank screen after windows updated: I am using Windows 10 professional. 64 bit. After an update 3 days ago my desktop computer is missing the taskbar. A black space is there where it should be. Neither the mouse nor keyboard respond. Logitech 320 combo IT has fresh batteries. Have rebooted multiple times 12 or...
  4. No task bar and/or blank screen after windows updated

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Task bar blank

Task bar blank: My task bar just went blank and I can’t access my settings, the ms doesn’t work, I’ve inserted pictures of the different prompts I’ve gotten. Some times a gold padlock appears on the task bar and when I click it, it disappears. Please any solution?...
  6. Task bar blank

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Task bar blank: My task bar just went blank and I can’t access my settings, the ms doesn’t work, I’ve inserted pictures of the different prompts I’ve gotten. Some times a gold padlock appears on the task bar and when I click it, it disappears. Please any solution?...
  7. Task bar blank

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Black Screen and Flashing Task Bar

Black Screen and Flashing Task Bar: I have seen a few other posts about this but nothing that I have seen has helped, or at least not lasted long. So starting two days agoDecember 12, when I turned my computer on it took an unusually long time to boot, but I finally reached the lock screen to input my password....
  9. Flashing screen and task bar.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Flashing screen and task bar.: After turning on my computer, the desktop comes up.for.about 30 seconds and then the screen goes black and the taskbar at the bottom flashes constantly. I am able to pull up the task manager but because the computer is refreshing about every 3 seconds it is extremely...
  10. I received a blank screen flashing after update

I received a blank screen flashing after update: After the last update I got my PC screen flashing on and off. I find only the taskbar and blank screen, nothing else. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-received-a-blank-screen-flashing-after-update/877a29fd-d64c-4a39-aa0d-3831b046f797

Users found this page by searching for:

1. blank taskbar flashing