Windows 10: Task bar and application Un-clickable randomly, NEED HELP!

Discus and support Task bar and application Un-clickable randomly, NEED HELP! in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; So a few weeks ago I noticed my task bar was un-clickable. And I couldn't touch it at all so I went to the web to search for an answer. Only to find a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by zackwilliams1, Dec 26, 2018.

1. Task bar and application Un-clickable randomly, NEED HELP!

So a few weeks ago I noticed my task bar was un-clickable. And I couldn't touch it at all so I went to the web to search for an answer. Only to find a temporary fix. which is to restart Explorer.EXE through task manager, this only fixes the problem for 3 minutes another method I figured out on my own is pressing CTRL+ALT+DEL and its back to normal but when the freeze happens its not just the task bar. Let me put it this way, I'm watching a video on YouTube, and I get a message from my friend on discord so I go to click the application on my other monitor and its un-clickable. I cant touch it and as you may have guessed I cant touch the task bar either and other various items. But as soon as I press CTRL+ALT+DEL. *POOF!* everything is clickable again for now until it starts again in the next few minutes. if any one knows what this is or how to solve it I could really use your help. P.S. i've already tried doing (dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth)

:)

zackwilliams1, Dec 26, 2018

2. Cannot modify Task Bar settings

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will be happy to assist you.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if the issue persists.

• Right click on the Task Bar.
    • Uncheck the option " Lock the Taskbar."

Hope this helps.

Arvind Ram, Dec 26, 2018
  3. Task bar not accessible

When I log in to my system at first both menu bar and task bar icons are clickable but as time passes both the things became unaccessible to me. I have been facing this issue after 6 moths of upgrading my Laptop to Windows 10. This is very much annoying.
    Any help or suggestions would be very appreciable.

Regards,

Akshay

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

akshayhandu, Dec 26, 2018
  4. Mark Isi Win User

Task bar and application Un-clickable randomly, NEED HELP!

PowerShell randomly poping-up in tool bar

Hello,

Just to verify, do you have any scheduled tasks that uses Powershell? Scheduled tasks makes Powershell window appear periodically on your computer, therefore we suggest that you check the Task Scheduler. Here are the steps:

• Click on Start.
    • In the search bar, type Task Scheduler and click on

Task Scheduler
      in the results.
    • Under Active Tasks, check for any tasks that use Powershell and the scheduled time.

If the issue still persist, we suggest that you run a Windows Defender scan to see if it will pick up any malware that the first scan missed.

Let us know the outcome.

Mark Isi, Dec 26, 2018
Thema:

Task bar and application Un-clickable randomly, NEED HELP!

1. Task bar and application Un-clickable randomly, NEED HELP! - Similar Threads - Task bar application

2. Need help to fix problems on my task bar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Need help to fix problems on my task bar: Yesterday I did a Windows 10 S2H2 refresh using the ISO on a USB drive. I have problems with the Search feature and the News and Interests features not working. I've checked the Task Bar settings and everything looks OK. I did a system scan, it found problems and corrected...
  3. Need help to fix problems on my task bar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Need help to fix problems on my task bar: Yesterday I did a Windows 10 S2H2 refresh using the ISO on a USB drive. I have problems with the Search feature and the News and Interests features not working. I've checked the Task Bar settings and everything looks OK. I did a system scan, it found problems and corrected...
  4. Need help to fix problems on my task bar

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Application and task bar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Application and task bar: At first i found apps i didnt install after i switched on my PC and i restarted it after restarting my task bar was not showing anything, the time,start button and application and some of the appliacation i have i do not have access to them anymore like the setting, mircosoft...
  6. Application and task bar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Application and task bar: At first i found apps i didnt install after i switched on my PC and i restarted it after restarting my task bar was not showing anything, the time,start button and application and some of the appliacation i have i do not have access to them anymore like the setting, mircosoft...
  7. Application and task bar

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. Task Bar or Something Else - Help Needed

in Windows 10 Support
    Task Bar or Something Else - Help Needed: Before the Corona virus outbreak I was using a 23" Monitor. But this monitor has a broken power supply, and there is no chance to repair or buy a new monitor. Computers are non-essential business for Covid-19. Mail Order too. Everything under shutdown. So my only choice is to...
  9. Un-clickable Window on Desktop during full screen

in Windows 10 Support
    Un-clickable Window on Desktop during full screen: Hi everyone I have a strange issue with my Windows 10 system. System details; Windows 10 Pro, 10.0.17763 build 17763 i7-4790@3.6Mhz 16Gb ram, Intel HD 4600 graphics Essentially what happens is that when I maximise an application, the top section of the app (about an inch...
  10. “Search Windows” Bar Results Un-Clickable Windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    “Search Windows” Bar Results Un-Clickable Windows 10: When I use the "Search Windows" bar on the taskbar I cannot click on most of the suggested results. I used "restore" as an example in the attached picture. Options for "restore" come up as shown but the red arrowed results are un-clickable while the blue arrow is. If I just...