Windows 10: Task bar and desktop appears dim after sleep

Discus and support Task bar and desktop appears dim after sleep in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I have a strange problem. When ever I leave my computer and it goes into hibernation or if I put it to sleep manually, the task bar, desktop and mouse... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by McGregorCiA, Dec 1, 2019.

1. Task bar and desktop appears dim after sleep

I have a strange problem. When ever I leave my computer and it goes into hibernation or if I put it to sleep manually, the task bar, desktop and mouse cursor appears very dim. It's like the whole screen is very dim but if I open Google Chrome for example the actual website part appears normal and bright but the menus up top has the same weird dim effect. Same with file explorer. The only way to fix it seems to be to either log out and then back in or a re-boot. This fixes the issue and the screen returns to normal. I have had this issue since around September. And this is a desktop computer connected to my TV in the living room and not a laptop. Latest Windows 10 1909 update installed. I have tried to search for this issue but with no luck. I have also tried every power option under the sun but to no avail. Hopefully someone out there can shed some light on this bizarre issue. Unfortunately I can't provide screenshots because it all shows up normal when I do print screen.

:)

McGregorCiA, Dec 1, 2019

2. Spinning cursor on task bar for work desktop

Hello TaraKelley,

For us to better assist you, kindly provide the following information:

• Confirm which build is currently installed on your device. To check, follow the steps below:
    • Press Windows key + R, then type in winver.
    • Click OK.
    • Were there any recent changes made prior to this issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you download and run the Start menu troubleshooter on this
    link. This troubleshooter automatically diagnose and repair common problem with Start menu.

We look forward to your response.

Regards.

Melchizedek Qui, Dec 1, 2019
  3. Ge285 Win User
    Search icon does not appear on the task bar

I have a laptop and a recently I bought a desktop Pc running windows 10 home edition. The search icon (next to the windows symbol) does not appear on the task bar on the Pc. It does show on the laptop however. Why is it that? I click on the task bar
    with the right button of the mouse and a list appears containing the “search” link on the laptop but that does not appear on the Pc. Also the “cascade windows”, “Show windows stacked” and “show windows side by side” appear grey that is inactive. Both laptop
    and Pc run windows 10 Home edition. Could it be something wrong with the installation? I bought the Pc (a Dell inspiron) recently and today I installed the software. But why is it that the search icon does not show on the task bar and actually it is missing
    from the list that appears when I click on the task bar with the right button of the mouse? Any help would be welcome.

Ge285, Dec 1, 2019
  4. Task bar and desktop appears dim after sleep

Cannot modify Task Bar settings

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will be happy to assist you.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if the issue persists.

• Right click on the Task Bar.
    • Uncheck the option " Lock the Taskbar."

Hope this helps.

Arvind Ram, Dec 1, 2019
Thema:

Task bar and desktop appears dim after sleep

1. Task bar and desktop appears dim after sleep - Similar Threads - Task bar desktop

2. my task bar doesnt appear

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my task bar doesnt appear: i need help please https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-task-bar-doesnt-appear/8a82ccb3-6b1d-4f54-9a12-3e843e0e741e
  3. my task bar doesnt appear

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    my task bar doesnt appear: i need help please https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-task-bar-doesnt-appear/8a82ccb3-6b1d-4f54-9a12-3e843e0e741e
  4. task bar app ikon not appearing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    task bar app ikon not appearing: Task barApp ikon pictures not appearing when pinned to taskbar. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/task-bar-app-ikon-not-appearing/9676d434-32f6-4686-9cc6-ef9a45da1555
  5. task bar app ikon not appearing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    task bar app ikon not appearing: Task barApp ikon pictures not appearing when pinned to taskbar. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/task-bar-app-ikon-not-appearing/9676d434-32f6-4686-9cc6-ef9a45da1555
  6. task bar app ikon not appearing

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Desktop display is dim after brought back from sleep

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Desktop display is dim after brought back from sleep: My display for my desktop is dim every time the computer is brought back from sleep mode. The only information I can find only pertains to laptop users with adaptive brightness controls. The only work around is to shut down the computer every time instead of using sleep mode....
  8. how to get task bar to hide again after it appears

how to get task bar to hide again after it appears: Hello, I get the fact that if I move my cursor to the location of the task bar either bottom or side, depending on my setup, but when I move my cursor away from the task bar, it doesn't hide again. This is problematic when the task bar is at the bottom and I have a...
  9. Program appears on the task bar but not on the screen.

Program appears on the task bar but not on the screen.: I have program Voice Metter Banana and it used to work but one day it stop showing when i click on it on task bar. I searched forums and find some tips like maybe its 1px*1px so i should try to maximize the window but this program does not support this feature could any...
  10. Screen dim after waking from sleep

in Windows 10 Support
    Screen dim after waking from sleep: Recently I have been finding that when I wake my laptop from sleep, the screen is set to minimum brightness, even though it was at maximum brightness when I put it to sleep. I've only been having this problem recently — before that I was using Windows 10 without running into...