Windows 10: Task bar and File explorer colors messed up after last update

Discus and support Task bar and File explorer colors messed up after last update in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I did the Windows 10 Version 2004 update this morning and it changed ALL of my personalized settings. Everything was sort of gray. I was able to get... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Early Music Lover, Jul 28, 2020.

1. Task bar and File explorer colors messed up after last update

I did the Windows 10 Version 2004 update this morning and it changed ALL of my personalized settings. Everything was sort of gray. I was able to get the photo back as my wallpaper. I had to redo my browser FireFox menu bar settings - they were all changed.

But now I can't get the taskbar/task menu to be dark like it was before without having every open File Explorer window also turn black. I've tried everything in the help search but nothing changes only one and not the other. If I choose light for my color, assigning the accent color to the taskbar is grayed out. If I choose dark, everything is black as I mentioned. With a light gray taskbar, I can't see the white icons across the bottom either!

I just want to go back to a darker taskbar and a white background on the File Explorer windows, like they were before this update I never set them, they were just always that way. Any ideas how I can do that would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

:)

Early Music Lover, Jul 28, 2020
  2. sliding Win User

Network mess after last creator update

With the last update Microsoft created areal network mess.
    Before the update I could see and access all shared folders on the connected PC's in the LAN .
    Now I don't see them most of the time or disappear after a while, but the most strange thing is that when I the other
    PC's shared folders listed under "Network" are visible and accessible, the listed shares from folders on the PC that I am
    working on are NOT accessible at all.

After clicking the share, Explorer shows (no respons) in the title bar, meanwhile the cursor shows being busy and the after more than 40 seconds an Network error message shows. No acces to \\PCNAME\Music files
    Error code: 0x80070035
    Cannot find network path

Well, the creator update is a true creator, regarding the network a real mess *Mad

Renewed some of the shares, with access for everybody, RW and full management.
    Now when clicking the listed shares under Network, the contents got listed, but....
    after clicking one of the not renewed shares, long waiting until the error message and
    then clicking one of the renewed that worked before, same problem occurs, message no access.

For now I give up, waiting until MS solves this mess

sliding, Jul 28, 2020
  3. Task Bar Color Change No Longer Available Since Update in Jan 2020

Since my last update, Jan 2020, my task bar has grayed and I'm not allowed to change the color because the box to click to allow to change the task bar color is not available anymore. It is grayed out, not highlighted, not
    allowed to choose. There is no way for me to change this task bar now and I have no idea who to contact about this last update messing up my task bar color. Now, no matter what theme I choose, that damn task bar just makes it ugly.

Task bar and File explorer colors messed up after last update 621ea2cc-4dc3-49d9-9889-c27f3099ef9e?upload=true.png

Rev. Elizabeth, Jul 28, 2020
  4. Task bar and File explorer colors messed up after last update

Windows 10 File Explorer not responsive on Task Bar.

After upgrading from Windows 7 to Windows 10, the File Explorer has become unresponsive on the Task Bar. After clicking the File Explorer on the Task Bar the Desktop refreshes but I never get the list of files. The only way I can access my files is to right
    click on the Windows icon at the lower left of the screen, then select File Explorer.

I've tried unpinning the File Explorer from the Task Bar and then re-adding it. This did not solve the problem.

One additional piece of information, I have four accounts on this PC. Two of the accounts have the problem I described above. The other two accounts work correctly.

Thanks for your help.

JamesEastman, Jul 28, 2020
Thema:

Task bar and File explorer colors messed up after last update

1. Task bar and File explorer colors messed up after last update - Similar Threads - Task bar File

2. File explorer colors messed up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File explorer colors messed up: I recently updated to Windows 11 and my file explorer colors got messed up.Everything else looks fine for the normal dark mode.I've tried changing the theme to light mode and changing it back to dark mode but it didn't do anything. I updated to 23H2, but that didn't work...
  3. File explorer colors messed up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File explorer colors messed up: I recently updated to Windows 11 and my file explorer colors got messed up.Everything else looks fine for the normal dark mode.I've tried changing the theme to light mode and changing it back to dark mode but it didn't do anything. I updated to 23H2, but that didn't work...
  4. Messed up task bar

in Windows 10 Customization
    Messed up task bar: Okay so I have a problem with my Lenovo laptop, I will try to click anything on my task bar and it doesn’t work after a couple click my entire pc goes black for a couple seconds I can’t even shut it down. My task bar is kind of frozen idk what to do to unfreeze it. I can’t...
  5. Update messed up my colors

Update messed up my colors: The latest update Aug. 18th 2020 seems to want me to use new color schemes, i managed to get the desktop background back to black but when i try to change the Task Bar and Start Menu to Dark Grey it changes the background of my folders too, is there any way to change the Task...
  6. Task Bar Glitching or Messed up?

Task Bar Glitching or Messed up?: So basically i just got on my computer today and my task bar has invisible applications that i cant open, i cant type in the windows search bar, and i cant click the windows icon in the left bottom corner i cant still right click but i cant right or left click the invisible...
  7. Task Bar Messed Up

Task Bar Messed Up: Taskbar is the size of half the screen and cant seem to find a fix, any solutions? [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/task-bar-messed-up/ebecbd16-99ea-4f43-a6cf-7ef314dc82a1
  8. messed up color

messed up color: Hello,My name is Danny and somehow my display colors got way off.How to fix it. HP/w windows 10...
  9. Task Bar Messed Up.

in Windows 10 Support
    Task Bar Messed Up.: [img] Hello Everybody, How can I get rid of these extraneous icons? (Outlined in green). I don't know how they got there. Don Cole 142986
  10. File explorer messes colors of black and white

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File explorer messes colors of black and white: Hello, I don't know what I did to result in this or how to describe this accurately, please help [ATTACH] As you can see, the windows options are invisible, when I click them a menu shows (as it should) but as soon as I pass my cursor on the settings the text disappears and...