Windows 10: Task bar and search bar... the one at the top of the screen and the one at the bottom.

Discus and support Task bar and search bar... the one at the top of the screen and the one at the bottom. in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Task bar and search bar... the one at the top of the screen and the one at the bottom. I cannot read the print... too small. Also two small on many... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by placebow, May 15, 2022.

1. placebow Win User

Task bar and search bar... the one at the top of the screen and the one at the bottom.

Task bar and search bar... the one at the top of the screen and the one at the bottom. I cannot read the print... too small. Also two small on many other places; for example the area where you search for your passwords. I can get to the passwords but the print is way too small to read. Anything I can do? Thanks

:)

placebow, May 15, 2022
  2. DaveM121 Win User

search bar at the top of my screen

Hi Kathy

Do you have a web search bar stick to the top of your Desktop, that stays on top of everything?

If so it is one of 2 search bars, the usual culprit is Web Bar, but that may lao be a Google search bar . .

Press Ctrl + Shift + Esc to open Task Manager

Scroll down to find Wb. exe - on the right it should say Web Bar in the Description - if you don't find that also look for a google bar

Right click that and choose 'End Task'

Does that get rid of this annoyance?

If so, go to Control Panel - Programs and Features

Scroll to the bottom of the list of installed Apps, then find and Uninstall Web Bar

DaveM121, May 15, 2022
  3. llkiefer Win User
    Cortana search box will not work when task bar is located at top of screen.

I have placed my task bar at the top of my screen for a good 15 years. I also like to have the Cortana search box on the task bar however, when the task bar is at the top the search bar will not display. I do not want to have to hit the search icon in order
    to activate a search. I would like this search field to show. If I drag my task bar to the bottom of the screen it appears.

My windows 10 build is 14393.187

llkiefer, May 15, 2022
  4. Bree Win User

Task bar and search bar... the one at the top of the screen and the one at the bottom.

Address bar (top screen) & task bar (bottom screen) keep disappearing

Most likely Tablet Mode, as dmholt57 suggests.

Turn On or Off Tablet Mode in Windows 10

Another posibility is accidentally pressing F11 which switches a browser to full screen mode.

Thema:

1. Task bar and search bar... the one at the top of the screen and the one at the bottom. - Similar Threads - Task bar search

2. Task bar and search bar... the one at the top of the screen and the one at the bottom.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Task bar and search bar... the one at the top of the screen and the one at the bottom.: Task bar and search bar... the one at the top of the screen and the one at the bottom. I cannot read the print... too small. Also two small on many other places; for example the area where you search for your passwords. I can get to the passwords but the print is way too...
  3. Adjust Task Bar on One Screen

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Adjust Task Bar on One Screen: Hello, For work I have a laptop and two monitors. About a year ago, I raised the task bar on my left monitor (my laptop sits in front of it, so moving the task bar up makes sure nothing is sitting behind my laptop screen). This worked well for a year, I never had to adjust...
  4. Search Bar on top of screen

in Windows 10 Customization
    Search Bar on top of screen: How do I remove this search bar that's stuck on top of my screen? [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/search-bar-on-top-of-screen/47164708-0aa4-4f53-9724-8ada53c37177
  5. bottom task bar..

bottom task bar..: windows 10 another problem... I've had so many glitches since windows 10 driving me mad..little annoying things pointer kept disappearing half way thru a project , then calculator , the foto app lost all my pics. .various niggly problems . today the bottom task bar wont...
  6. task bar on the top and bottom keep dissapearing

task bar on the top and bottom keep dissapearing: The task bar on the bottom of my screen and the open tabs at the top of the screen keep disappearing on me unless I bring my cursor over top of it. its really frustrating and I cannot figure it out....
  7. Address bar (top screen) & task bar (bottom screen) keep disappearing

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Address bar (top screen) & task bar (bottom screen) keep disappearing: Quite suddenly the address and menu bars at top of screen, and entire task bar with program tabs at bottom of screen keep disappearing. The only way to see them is to hover the mouse over the extreme bottom or top edge of the screen but they only remain for a fraction of a...
  8. MOVE TASK BAR FROM BOTTOM OF SCREEN TO TOP OF SCREEN DISPLAY

MOVE TASK BAR FROM BOTTOM OF SCREEN TO TOP OF SCREEN DISPLAY: MOVE TASK BAR FROM BOTTOM OF SCREEN TO TOP OF SCREEN DISPLAY https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/move-task-bar-from-bottom-of-screen-to-top-of/580f894c-f9e4-4b61-9691-a81ce8240410
  9. bottom task bar

bottom task bar: When I go full screen the bottom task bar has always gone as well. This morning it stays there and I can't right click it to clear, as when I put the cursor in It becomes the vertical arrow sign, (as in widen etc.)How can I rectify this if I cant click it....
  10. Bottom task bar is always on top

Bottom task bar is always on top: Hello, This problem is ridiculous. Whenever I enter the full screen in any video, the bottom task bar stays on top. Restarting windows explorer solves the problem, but temporary. I don't want to restart windows explorer all the time , could you provide a permanent fix please....