Windows 10: Task bar and start menu not working on startup

Discus and support Task bar and start menu not working on startup in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; There is this annoying issue where anytime I power on my PC it takes a couple seconds longer than usual to boot up and the taskbar and start menu just... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/GraveSymphony, Jan 22, 2021.

1. Task bar and start menu not working on startup

There is this annoying issue where anytime I power on my PC it takes a couple seconds longer than usual to boot up and the taskbar and start menu just wont work. There is a blue icon spinning and when clicking the taskbar my screen flashes and nothing happens. I have to shut down and power on again to fix it. What could be causing this?

I turned off all startup apps and I cant figure out what is causing it, I have razer synapse but Im not sure that is the issue. Everything is updated and drivers are up to date.

submitted by /u/GraveSymphony
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/GraveSymphony, Jan 22, 2021

2. Start Menu and Task Bar not working

Hi,

I've had an issue for several weeks where my Start Menu and Task Bar don't respond (or respond very intermittently) to both left and right mouse clicks. I've searched the net and this community forum, and it appears that this problem has been pretty prevalent
    for at least a couple of years.

I've tried the most commonly proposed solutions, e.g.

• The PowerShell as administrator solution, using "

Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}". This just hangs indefinitely, with the progress bar never moving. I've left this for
      over an hour, and seen no movement at all in the bar.

• I've tried the sfc /scannow solution multiple times. The first few times, it just reported that it couldn't find any issues. Recently, it now just says: "Windows Resource Protection could not start the repair service"

The only way I've actually been able to temporarily resolve the problem, is by shutting down the PC and then pulling the power cord on the PC. This restores all functionality for the next session, but then the next time I restart or shutdown and then restart
    my PC, the Start Menu and Task Bar is broken again.

I've been struggling with this issue for nearly a month now, and it's starting to become incredibly frustrating. This is especially true when it appears that the issue has been ongoing for years, and none of the suggested solutions appear to work. Any help
    that anyone can provide would be enormously appreciated, as I'm starting to get incredibly frustrated by this issue.

Thanks in advance,

Pizzicato

Pizzicato72, Jan 22, 2021
  3. Lpb908 Win User
    Bottom task bar and start menu

Windows 10 updated this morning now my bottom task bar has lost all the items previously pinned and will not even display time in right corner. Start menu does not work either can get basic commands by right clicking on start menu but that is all. Restarting
    did not help. Any suggestions?

Lpb908, Jan 22, 2021
  4. Task bar and start menu not working on startup

Spinning cursor on task bar for work desktop

Hello TaraKelley,

For us to better assist you, kindly provide the following information:

• Confirm which build is currently installed on your device. To check, follow the steps below:
    • Press Windows key + R, then type in winver.
    • Click OK.
    • Were there any recent changes made prior to this issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you download and run the Start menu troubleshooter on this
    link. This troubleshooter automatically diagnose and repair common problem with Start menu.

We look forward to your response.

Regards.

Melchizedek Qui, Jan 22, 2021
Thema:

Task bar and start menu not working on startup

1. Task bar and start menu not working on startup - Similar Threads - Task bar start

2. Start menu not working and task bar empty

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Start menu not working and task bar empty: i updated my drivers and windows then my start menu and task bar stopped working. iv tried almost everything that's on the internet, but it doesn't look like the start menu is not even running in task manager....
  3. Start menu and task bar doesn't work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Start menu and task bar doesn't work: I get the same problem over and over again. Installed windows again and after a while the same problem. Start menu daoesn't work or anything on taskbar. Also copy paste stops to work. I am really sick of this. Installing windows over again. StartMenuExperienceHost.exe...
  4. Start menu and task bar doesn't work

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Start menu and task bar doesn't work: I get the same problem over and over again. Installed windows again and after a while the same problem. Start menu daoesn't work or anything on taskbar. Also copy paste stops to work. I am really sick of this. Installing windows over again. StartMenuExperienceHost.exe...
  5. Start menu and task bar doesn't work

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  6. TASK BAR AND START MENU BUTTON NOT WORKING

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    TASK BAR AND START MENU BUTTON NOT WORKING: Don't know what I did, but a few weeks ago: 1 task bar buttons nonresponsive 2 windows start icon nonresponsive 3 start to work and some programs have been closed, i.e. Quickbooks...
  7. Cortana/start menu/task bar not working

in Cortana
    Cortana/start menu/task bar not working: Cortana or the searchui process are not in my task manager, so I ran a sfc /scannow. I have no idea how to tell what it's saying in the log, but I can see it found some corrupted files. How to I attach the cbs.log on here?...
  8. Cortana/start menu/task bar not working

in Windows 10 Support
    Cortana/start menu/task bar not working: Cortana or the searchui process are not in my task manager, so I ran a sfc /scannow. I have no idea how to tell what it's saying in the log, but I can see it found some corrupted files. I was going to attach it but the size limit is 2mb, and my log is 8mb. What should I do?...
  9. Windows start menu not working and no task bar

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows start menu not working and no task bar: i turn on my laptop Windows 10 it does not ask me to sign in the desktop comes up with nothing on the task bar except for speaker Internet etc no browser option if I click on anything it does not work also the Windows sta button or cortana does not work if I click on it. I...
  10. Start menu button and task bar not working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Start menu button and task bar not working: Start menu won't function and all pinned apps have disappeared from task bar. On my task manager it shows 99 Windows processes operating but no IE or Windows icon on task manager. I was shopping on Amazon after an update yesterday when I believe I encountered malware. Help...