Windows 10: Task bar app history.

Discus and support Task bar app history. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; This is getting boring. How do I turn off history on app taskbar buttons? I mean completely off, not just remove one at a time. This processing of my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Julian Morgan 555, Apr 29, 2020.

1. Task bar app history.

This is getting boring.

How do I turn off history on app taskbar buttons? I mean completely off, not just remove one at a time. This processing of my data is unwanted. I can turn off recent documents etc. with a click/unclick, but you are determined to have these useless lists to which we have no access for control. When will you make function this available? Not everyone wants to have un-wipeable history on task bar buttons. That is why we have private browsers like Firefox., yet you still think you have the right to something I deny everyone else without recourse to a choice.

:)

Julian Morgan 555, Apr 29, 2020

2. Cannot modify Task Bar settings

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will be happy to assist you.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if the issue persists.

• Right click on the Task Bar.
    • Uncheck the option " Lock the Taskbar."

Hope this helps.

Arvind Ram, Apr 29, 2020
  3. How to clear recent file history from apps in the taskbar?

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I appreciate your interest in Windows 10. We sincerely regret for the inconvenience caused.

I suggest you to follow the below steps in order to remove the recent history in the task bar.

• Right click on the icon list which you don’t want to display.
    • Choose remove from the list or unpin the icon accordingly and check if it helps.

Please let us know if you need further assistance.

Thank you.

Divya Murugan, Apr 29, 2020
  4. cbmudd10 Win User

Task bar app history.

Task manager App History tab

Hi, In task manager on the app history tab I have a listing called Uninstalled Processes. In has used about 58 minutes of Cpu time since I cleared the history about a week ago. Any Idea how I can find out what the uninstalled processes are or any info on this at all.. Thanks...

cbmudd10, Apr 29, 2020
Thema:

Task bar app history.

1. Task bar app history. - Similar Threads - Task bar app

2. App Task Bar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    App Task Bar: At work, I am able to shrink multi-open apps from the top to bottom taskbar and then grab them as I need. I can't figure out how to do this on my laptop or if it's even an option. I hope that makes sense. I'm only a middle-of-the-road user and some of these settings and how...
  3. App Task Bar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    App Task Bar: At work, I am able to shrink multi-open apps from the top to bottom taskbar and then grab them as I need. I can't figure out how to do this on my laptop or if it's even an option. I hope that makes sense. I'm only a middle-of-the-road user and some of these settings and how...
  4. Task Bar Apps

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Task Bar Apps: In Windows 11 environment the apps Start and search do not function well. Clicking the start search window will open and flicker like anything.Any Help in this regard ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/task-bar-apps/bfa9f6eb-54cd-4d97-99fd-0a57288cb9f1
  5. Task Bar Apps

Task Bar Apps: In Windows 11 environment the apps Start and search do not function well. Clicking the start search window will open and flicker like anything.Any Help in this regard ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/task-bar-apps/bfa9f6eb-54cd-4d97-99fd-0a57288cb9f1
  6. Invisible app on task bar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Invisible app on task bar: After reverting my pc to a restore point I find that my default apps are not visible on the task bar. I have tried resetting them from Microsoft reset option. That did not work. I have tried unpinning and re-pinning that does not work. Help please....
  7. Invisible app on task bar

Invisible app on task bar: After reverting my pc to a restore point I find that my default apps are not visible on the task bar. I have tried resetting them from Microsoft reset option. That did not work. I have tried unpinning and re-pinning that does not work. Help please....
  8. Invisible app on task bar

in Windows 10 Customization
  9. Putting Apps on the Task Bar.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Putting Apps on the Task Bar.: Hello, I need to be to use Word, by clicking it when it is on the Task Bar, is there an easy way to put the Word App, on to the Task bar, please. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/putting-apps-on-the-task-bar/3e074b60-aa4b-48d3-8715-faa90ef7768d
  10. Task manager App History tab

in Windows 10 Support
    Task manager App History tab: Hi, In task manager on the app history tab I have a listing called Uninstalled Processes. In has used about 58 minutes of Cpu time since I cleared the history about a week ago. Any Idea how I can find out what the uninstalled processes are or any info on this at all.....