Windows 10: task bar at bottom of my screen has been replaced by a blank blue canvas

Discus and support task bar at bottom of my screen has been replaced by a blank blue canvas in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello - I'm running windows 10 on my Asus laptop and somehow the task bar at the bottom of my screen (contained shortcuts to functions such as cortana,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by ScottWagers, Apr 17, 2019.

1. task bar at bottom of my screen has been replaced by a blank blue canvas

Hello - I'm running windows 10 on my Asus laptop and somehow the task bar at the bottom of my screen (contained shortcuts to functions such as cortana, apps, settings, overview of all open screens, etc...) has now been replaced by blank blue strip. Any ideas how this happened and how fix it?

:)

ScottWagers, Apr 17, 2019

2. task bar icons blank

After applying the november windows 10 home update three of my task bar icons have become blank sheets. The ones changed are edge, store and wunderlist. The remainder are fine. The icons of the three appear correct in the all apps list. I have tried
    unpin and re-pin with no change. The three applications work correctly and start fine from the task bar. It is just hard to remember which application is which blank. Note this has happened on my hp laptop which was upgraded from windows 8.1, My desktop
    which has windows 10 professional does not have the problem. It was upgraded from windows 7 professional.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

RussGarside, Apr 17, 2019
  3. task bar icons blank

Thank you for the suggestion. I checked a different user account which I had setup when windows 10 was first updated but had never accessed since. It does not have blank task bar icons.

RussGarside, Apr 17, 2019
  4. task bar at bottom of my screen has been replaced by a blank blue canvas

Cannot modify Task Bar settings

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will be happy to assist you.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if the issue persists.

• Right click on the Task Bar.
    • Uncheck the option " Lock the Taskbar."

Hope this helps.

Arvind Ram, Apr 17, 2019
Thema:

task bar at bottom of my screen has been replaced by a blank blue canvas

1. task bar at bottom of my screen has been replaced by a blank blue canvas - Similar Threads - task bar bottom

2. Task bar Icons not displaying on computer - blank start task bar at the bottom of the page.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Task bar Icons not displaying on computer - blank start task bar at the bottom of the page.: Hi, I have a few devices that ran updates this morning and the taskbar went blank. I have done the following and still blank -sfc /scannow DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /CheckHealth DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /ScanHealth DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth Clear the...
  3. Task bar Icons not displaying on computer - blank start task bar at the bottom of the page.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Task bar Icons not displaying on computer - blank start task bar at the bottom of the page.: Hi, I have a few devices that ran updates this morning and the taskbar went blank. I have done the following and still blank -sfc /scannow DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /CheckHealth DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /ScanHealth DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth Clear the...
  4. Task bar Icons not displaying on computer - blank start task bar at the bottom of the page.

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Task bar blank

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Task bar blank: My task bar just went blank and I can’t access my settings, the ms doesn’t work, I’ve inserted pictures of the different prompts I’ve gotten. Some times a gold padlock appears on the task bar and when I click it, it disappears. Please any solution?...
  6. Task bar blank

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Task bar blank: My task bar just went blank and I can’t access my settings, the ms doesn’t work, I’ve inserted pictures of the different prompts I’ve gotten. Some times a gold padlock appears on the task bar and when I click it, it disappears. Please any solution?...
  7. task bar on right side, not bottom of screen

task bar on right side, not bottom of screen: OK, recent "upgrades" moved the task bar to the side. Tried to get used to it, but requires more clicks, is a hassle for me. Called MS support, agent came onto my computer, put task bar back to bottom. Tried to follow what he did, could not duplicate. I said, will it stay...
  8. bottom task bar..

bottom task bar..: windows 10 another problem... I've had so many glitches since windows 10 driving me mad..little annoying things pointer kept disappearing half way thru a project , then calculator , the foto app lost all my pics. .various niggly problems . today the bottom task bar wont...
  9. bottom task bar

bottom task bar: When I go full screen the bottom task bar has always gone as well. This morning it stays there and I can't right click it to clear, as when I put the cursor in It becomes the vertical arrow sign, (as in widen etc.)How can I rectify this if I cant click it....
  10. My bottom task bar has background. And this changes. Win10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My bottom task bar has background. And this changes. Win10: My bottom task bar has background and this is changing. Might it be to do with the fact that I have now finally managed to update my AMD driver from 18.5.1 to 18.8.3...