Windows 10: Task bar auto-hide feature does not work on Windows 10

Discus and support Task bar auto-hide feature does not work on Windows 10 in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Has this problem been fixed? I saw some old posts regarding work-around for this problem but not the current status of this problem. Any tricks to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Ken Tran (ken), Jul 10, 2018.

1. Task bar auto-hide feature does not work on Windows 10

Has this problem been fixed?

I saw some old posts regarding work-around for this problem but not the current status of this problem.

Any tricks to permanently fix the problem?

TIA

:)

Ken Tran (ken), Jul 10, 2018

2. Windows 10 Upgrade Task Bar Auto Hide feature not working correctly

I purchased a Lenovo G50 from Microsoft about 4 months ago....it came with Windows 8.1. In mid to late August I upgraded to Windows 10 and now the auto hide feature for the task bar won't keep the task bar hidden. If I reboot my system the auto hide feature
    will work for a period of time, 24 hours or less, and then the task bar stops hiding for some unknown reason. I called support on 4 different occasions (spent a total of about 6 hours on the phone with them) and they have no idea of what the problem may be.
    The best solution they came up with is for me to bring up the Task Manager, in the processes tab scroll down to Windows Explorer, right click then Restart. Then the auto hide feature of the task bar will work for a short period of time but always stops auto
    hiding after a little while. Phone Supports only other suggestion was for me to come here, to the Community, to get a solution. Please help.

MattMattMZ, Jul 10, 2018
  3. Task Bar Auto-Hide in Windows 10 Pro no longer working

Hello Community:

This issue has been around for quite a while and it does not seem to have generated a consensus issue fix. My Windows 10 Pro O/S was recently upgraded to 10.0.10586 Build 10586. Prior to the update, the task bar auto-hide function was working correctly.
    Soon after the update(s), the task bar would no longer auto-hide. I went into task bar properties, unchecked the 'auto-hide' box, clicked Apply, and then reversed the sequence. After I placed a check in the auto-hide box and clicked Apply, the task bar briefly
    retracted and then popped right back up. The task bar will no longer auto hide.

My HP Pavilion dv7 notebook has an ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4200 Series display card. The display driver is up to date. Any suggestions from the community to fix the non-working auto-hide issue? Thank you.

Neal O'Connor, Jul 10, 2018
  4. Task bar auto-hide feature does not work on Windows 10

Auto hide not working for task bar in Windows 10

Windows 10 task bar does not always auto hide, At start up the task bar seems to work OK but if I start an app such as EXCEL the task bar will not hide and I have to minimize EXCEL to see the worksheet tabs. Doing productive work is almost impossible
    with the task bar problem.

Douglas LL, Jul 10, 2018
Thema:

Task bar auto-hide feature does not work on Windows 10

1. Task bar auto-hide feature does not work on Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Task bar auto

2. Auto hide task bar turns off

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Auto hide task bar turns off: Hello, ever since my computer decided it would be a good time to upgrade to windows 11 I've had issues with auto hide task bar. Any time i walk away and my system goes to sleep quite often because i move around and work when i log into my system and it opens i have an alert...
  3. Task bar auto hide isn't working correctly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Task bar auto hide isn't working correctly: So I've had an issue with my task bar auto hiding, specifically trying to get it to come back up once it's hidden. Whenever I'm in a maximized application like Firefox, Discord, Steam, etc., the task bar will not unhide when I move my mouse to the bottom of the screen. I have...
  4. Task bar auto hide isn't working correctly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Task bar auto hide isn't working correctly: So I've had an issue with my task bar auto hiding, specifically trying to get it to come back up once it's hidden. Whenever I'm in a maximized application like Firefox, Discord, Steam, etc., the task bar will not unhide when I move my mouse to the bottom of the screen. I have...
  5. Task bar auto hide isn't working correcly

in Windows 10 Customization
    Task bar auto hide isn't working correcly: So I've had an issue with my task bar auto hiding, specifically trying to get it to come back up once it's hidden. Whenever I'm in a maximized application like Firefox, Discord, Steam, etc., the task bar will not unhide when I move my mouse to the bottom of the screen. I have...
  6. Task bar auto-hiding issues

Task bar auto-hiding issues: My computer is a Lenovo laptop, running Windows 10. I'm an educator, and my computer setup is controlled, by some extent, by my district IT group. My typical windows setup is to have my task bar set to auto hide/unhide when I'm working. I often have a second monitor plugged...
  7. Task bar auto-hide

Task bar auto-hide: Task bar automatic hide just quit working...can get it to hide momentarily by clicking on/off win start button checked "task bar" settings -- good...re-booted -- no diff...
  8. Windows 10 1903 Task Bar not auto-hiding

Windows 10 1903 Task Bar not auto-hiding: I've seen many older posts about this, but not any particularly CLEAR fixes or explanations. Why hasn't Microsoft addressed this? I need the task bar to hide as set so I can see the tabs in Excel and that bottom area of so many other applications when maximized. I am using...
  9. windows 10 - task bar auto-hide rarely functions -

windows 10 - task bar auto-hide rarely functions -: in researching a fix, it appears that MS has been aware of the problem for several years, with no solution. Any fix is temporary at best - is there a permanent solution? I usually have 2 rows of open windows, and that cuts off a lot of my workspace if it won't go back o...
  10. Task Bar in Win 10/64 Pro does not auto hide.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Task Bar in Win 10/64 Pro does not auto hide.: Hi, In Win 10/64 Pro on my PC, I have the Task Bar set to auto hide in Desktop mode. It refuses to hide and keeps popping back up, or remains visible after I click on an app on it. Just in case, I set it to auto hide in Tablet mode also (though it shouldn't apply). Either...