Windows 10: Task Bar Collapse Setting

Discus and support Task Bar Collapse Setting in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Just adding another voice to the problem. I am not finding how to set the task bar to never collapse. It was a feature I used on all of my computers at... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Stormageddon Beers, Jul 20, 2022.

1. Task Bar Collapse Setting

Just adding another voice to the problem. I am not finding how to set the task bar to never collapse. It was a feature I used on all of my computers at work and at home. Please let me know how to get this function turned off.

:)

Stormageddon Beers, Jul 20, 2022

2. Cannot modify Task Bar settings

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will be happy to assist you.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if the issue persists.

• Right click on the Task Bar.
    • Uncheck the option " Lock the Taskbar."

Hope this helps.

Arvind Ram, Jul 20, 2022
  3. imanalien Win User
    No restart button in task manager

another easy way to kill tasks, download and install Winaero Tweaker(free) and theres a setting to add a Kill non responding tasks using the desktop right click menu. When you place your cursor on the desktop anywhere and right click the option is at the top of the list, Very handy and you dont have to go through all those steps and well Winaero Tweaker has alot of cool Windows tweaks. Just posting a different suggestion, Im sure your ok with what was suggested here.

imanalien, Jul 20, 2022
  4. Edwin Win User

Task Bar Collapse Setting

Cannot totally collapse quick launch bar

Either, you must leave the Toolbar Title, or, you can create an invisible shortcut, (eg.: explorer.exe), named appropriately to be first in alphanumeric order and assign it a blank ico/icon file.

Task Bar Collapse Setting [​IMG]

Edwin, Jul 20, 2022
Thema:

Task Bar Collapse Setting

1. Task Bar Collapse Setting - Similar Threads - Task Bar Collapse

2. Terminal title bar collapsed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Terminal title bar collapsed: Whenever I open a terminal process, the top bar shows for a few seconds, but then disappears into a tiny bar. This is frustrating because I am unable to even move the window.I've installed PowerShell 7, but this still happens. This also happens on other processes other than...
  3. Terminal title bar collapsed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Terminal title bar collapsed: Whenever I open a terminal process, the top bar shows for a few seconds, but then disappears into a tiny bar. This is frustrating because I am unable to even move the window.I've installed PowerShell 7, but this still happens. This also happens on other processes other than...
  4. Task Bar Collapse Setting

Task Bar Collapse Setting: Just adding another voice to the problem. I am not finding how to set the task bar to never collapse. It was a feature I used on all of my computers at work and at home. Please let me know how to get this function turned off....
  5. Windows 11 task bar settings.

Windows 11 task bar settings.: My taskbar moved to the bottom of my screen after installation of Windows 11. I checked settings and the only choices were left or center. When I looked in help, there was nothing on windows 11, it was for windows 10. How can I get my task bar where I want it to be?...
  6. Task Bar Settings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Task Bar Settings: Given as there isn't a way to move the task bar to anywhere but the middle or left on the bottom of the screen, has there any concerted effort to get MS to fix the issue so we can move it to the or side of the desktop? If not, maybe if more people let them know that something...
  7. Task Bar Settings

Task Bar Settings: Given as there isn't a way to move the task bar to anywhere but the middle or left on the bottom of the screen, has there any concerted effort to get MS to fix the issue so we can move it to the or side of the desktop? If not, maybe if more people let them know that something...
  8. Task bar settings

in Windows 10 Customization
    Task bar settings: how do I turn on seconds in my taskbar time display https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/task-bar-settings/4e9a2842-9374-409a-8311-a0de878f3728
  9. task bar settings

task bar settings: I would like to know if there's a way to hide my taskbar completely? Currently I have the taskbar hidden, it reveals itself when I move my mouse to the bottom of the screen. However more often than not I do this accidentally while trying to do something near the bottom of the...
  10. task bar keeps collapsing to one task tall

task bar keeps collapsing to one task tall: I adjust the task bar to be two tasks tall and then lock it. As soon as the computer reboots, it is back to one task tall and locked. What gives? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/task-bar-keeps-collapsing-to-one-task-tall/2f4dcccb-418b-40cc-a778-27ffef099c01