Windows 10: Task bar color option greyed out in settings after update 28/9/20

Discus and support Task bar color option greyed out in settings after update 28/9/20 in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; After a windows 10 update today 28/9/20, the task bar color has defaulted to white and the settings taskbar colour option is now greyed out. i am now... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by JohnSharpe1, Sep 28, 2020.

1. Task bar color option greyed out in settings after update 28/9/20

After a windows 10 update today 28/9/20, the task bar color has defaulted to white and the settings taskbar colour option is now greyed out. i am now stuck with a white task bar. Thanks microsoft. Any help would be appreciated.

Lenovo V110-15ast.

:)

JohnSharpe1, Sep 28, 2020

2. Cannot modify Task Bar settings

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will be happy to assist you.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if the issue persists.

• Right click on the Task Bar.
    • Uncheck the option " Lock the Taskbar."

Hope this helps.

Arvind Ram, Sep 28, 2020
  3. okaro Win User
    Same color for task bar and tile bar?

When I change the color in Windows 10 from the settings, I do get the correct color in the title bar but I get some kind of blue on the task bar because the task bar has some dark blue background and it mixes the colors. How do I get rid of the dark blue
    background in the task bar so that I can get same color on both? Disabling transparency is not an option as it disables by background image in the start page.

okaro, Sep 28, 2020
  4. Task bar color option greyed out in settings after update 28/9/20

Explorer title bar text color too bright grey

To change the title bar colors in Windows 10, you can use the built-in colors by changing the High Contrast Settings without editing the registry.

Here are the steps:

• Click Start, and then click Settings.
    • Click Ease of Access, and then click High contrast.
    • Choose a theme. You can also change the colors for the Text, Hyperlinks, Disabled Text, Selected Text, Button Text and Background on this option.
    • Click Apply.

Let us know how it goes.

Loraine Mon, Sep 28, 2020
Thema:

Task bar color option greyed out in settings after update 28/9/20

1. Task bar color option greyed out in settings after update 28/9/20 - Similar Threads - Task bar color

2. index option greyed out

in Cortana
    index option greyed out: index option greyed out https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/index-option-greyed-out/c5624f66-4b32-48b5-b9d5-680c2c4165ce
  3. Change task bar color so that it isn't greyed out

in Windows 10 Customization
    Change task bar color so that it isn't greyed out: How to activate "change task bar color?" https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/change-task-bar-color-so-that-it-isnt-greyed-out/9a9d4a64-8e5e-471d-b1d9-bc43ebb8dd3a
  4. Start, Taskbar, and Action Center options greyed out in Windows 10 Colors settings

in Windows 10 News
    Start, Taskbar, and Action Center options greyed out in Windows 10 Colors settings: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]Many users have reported a weird issue after installing a new feature update for Windows 10. While trying to make changes to the Colors settings in Windows 10, the Start, taskbar, and action center options are greyed out under Show [...] This post Start,...
  5. Task Bar Color

Task Bar Color: Somehow, the task bar changed to plain "light", and the box in "Start, task bar, and action center" under accent colors in Settings is not activated. Can someone explain how I can re-activate this box so I can revert to the color I chose for the task bar?...
  6. Task bar color

Task bar color: There is no way or set of instructions that I have completed that gives me the choice for a task bar color. I have tried everything even going back to the classic control panel. Does anyone have a successful way of get color to the taskbar? Thanks....
  7. Color on task bar

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Color on task bar: Why are we no longer able to control color on our task bar very HARD ON EYES!!!!!! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/color-on-task-bar/74709784-96e5-4642-a6f4-f9cc332314dd
  8. Task bar color

Task bar color: Why can I change the task bar color on light setting but not on the dark setting? The box can only be checked off on dark setting but not light setting. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/task-bar-color/8c7623a0-90de-4fc6-85ab-1ce7f8b965fd
  9. Task Bar color

Task Bar color: Can not change task bar color. The Start, taskbar, action center in Personalization, Colors is not active. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/task-bar-color/0f5e7b8e-c5b4-4fcc-90c9-d6ca7b101c96
  10. "Check for Updates" option is greyed out

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    "Check for Updates" option is greyed out: Hi ,I am using Windows 10 Pro and the ""Check for Updates" option is greyed out . In the past I had changed some registry and group policy settings to stop windows update but now I want to update windows and forgot which settings I've changed. Is there anyway to roll back...