Windows 10: Task bar configuration

Discus and support Task bar configuration in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Yesterday, 30/8/2019, the newest windows 10 update was installed on my 12" Huawei Matebook. When restarted, I noticed that the windows search space... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by DimitriosSimos, Aug 31, 2019.

1. Task bar configuration

Yesterday, 30/8/2019, the newest windows 10 update was installed on my 12" Huawei Matebook.

When restarted, I noticed that the windows search space (field) occupied a lot of space of the task bar (almost 1/4 of the bottom of my screen.

That is very annoying, I need this space.

How can I remove completely the windows search from the task bar?

:)

DimitriosSimos, Aug 31, 2019

2. Cannot modify Task Bar settings

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will be happy to assist you.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if the issue persists.

• Right click on the Task Bar.
    • Uncheck the option " Lock the Taskbar."

Hope this helps.

Arvind Ram, Aug 31, 2019
  3. Task bar

Hi Joe,

Thanks for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

To assist you better, please provide few details.

• Which 2nd Windows you are referring to?

• Are you unable to view the task bar on your system?
    I suggest you, please provide the detailed description of your issue.

Reply to us we will be happy to assist you.

Santosh_Rai, Aug 31, 2019
  4. Mikky_888 Win User

Task bar configuration

how to successfully pin files to the task bar

I use to be able to drag and drop files onto the task bar and they would reside withing the file list for that program. Since the recent upgrade it appears that I am not able to pin a file to the program on the task bar. Suggestions?

Mikky_888, Aug 31, 2019
Thema:

Task bar configuration

1. Task bar configuration - Similar Threads - Task bar configuration

2. Task bar small icons lenght size configuration

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Task bar small icons lenght size configuration: Hi community and thank you for the support!I use small taskbar buttons set up and also never combine. Nevertheless I was able to get different lenghts of the programme icons on the taskbar as per bellow print screen. Currently I am stuck with the version on the bottom and I...
  3. Task bar small icons lenght size configuration

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Task bar small icons lenght size configuration: Hi community and thank you for the support!I use small taskbar buttons set up and also never combine. Nevertheless I was able to get different lenghts of the programme icons on the taskbar as per bellow print screen. Currently I am stuck with the version on the bottom and I...
  4. Task bar small icons lenght size configuration

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Task Bar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Task Bar: Can a link be placed in the task bar that will take me directly to the printer queue in Windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/task-bar/3a85332c-9b64-44e6-b1a2-01a9cf056a1b
  6. Task Bar

Task Bar: Can a link be placed in the task bar that will take me directly to the printer queue in Windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/task-bar/3a85332c-9b64-44e6-b1a2-01a9cf056a1b
  7. Task bar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Task bar: My task bar is blank. There are no icons. Also, I cannot access the Start Menu. Pressing the Windows Logo key does nothing. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/task-bar/68a70005-5422-42d7-a6d2-296378708c58
  8. task bar

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    task bar: how can i merge cortana to search bar and how to customise the startmenu when i click on windows button and change the task view button . i have windows 10 pro but still my icons are of home.[ATTACH]...
  9. Task Scheduler Configuration

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Task Scheduler Configuration: I've had a problem with my computer rebooting instead of Sleeping. In an effort to fix the issue, I noticed that the Task Scheduler is configured for Windows Vista, Windows Server 2008. When I try to change the configuration to Windows 10, an Username/Password pop-up...
  10. task bar

task bar: the icons in my taskbar are no longer showing up, they're still there but i just cant see them https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/task-bar/09e5eb42-2e0c-4813-bd90-d4ade758372e