Windows 10: Task bar covers bottom of window

Discus and support Task bar covers bottom of window in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Until recently my desk top and windows never went behind the taskbar, now when a window is maximized, the bottom scroll bar is behind the task bar. How... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by WilliamHazel, Jan 22, 2019.

1. Task bar covers bottom of window

Until recently my desk top and windows never went behind the taskbar, now when a window is maximized, the bottom scroll bar is behind the task bar. How can I limit the desk top to real estate NOT covered by the task bar?

:)

WilliamHazel, Jan 22, 2019

2. Cannot modify Task Bar settings

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will be happy to assist you.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if the issue persists.

• Right click on the Task Bar.
    • Uncheck the option " Lock the Taskbar."

Hope this helps.

Arvind Ram, Jan 22, 2019
  3. Windows 10 Defender - How to make it default to task bar?

Using Windows 10 and currently I am using Defender for anti virus. For whatever reason Windows Defender does not show up in the task bar unless I search for the program or right click and scan a file/folder. Is there a way to force Defender to show up in the task bar at start up?

Flogger23m, Jan 22, 2019
  4. Anna Hahn Win User

Task bar covers bottom of window

Throttlestop obsidian not showing readouts in task bar

Hello

I had the previous version of throttlestop installed on a surface pro running windows 10 and it was working beautifully but now I am having trouble getting throttlestop to show temp/cpu reporting in the windows task bar. I have 'Task Bar' checked in the main window but still nothing appears. The check boxes within Options for Notification Area such as CPU Temp and CPU Mhz do not respond when clicked. Am i missing something/is there something else I need to do in order to get throttlestop obsidian to report to the task bar?

Thanks so much!

Anna Hahn, Jan 22, 2019
Thema:

Task bar covers bottom of window

1. Task bar covers bottom of window - Similar Threads - Task bar covers

2. Black bar covering bottom of screen/taskbar.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Black bar covering bottom of screen/taskbar.: My screen has been like this for a while, but i didn't think much of it since it started out small and it didn't bother me because it was only blocking a very small portion of the bottom of the screen, I was able to click the start button and search and use my taskbar fine...
  3. Black bar covering bottom of screen/taskbar.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Black bar covering bottom of screen/taskbar.: My screen has been like this for a while, but i didn't think much of it since it started out small and it didn't bother me because it was only blocking a very small portion of the bottom of the screen, I was able to click the start button and search and use my taskbar fine...
  4. White Bar Covering Bottom of Folder Icons

in Windows 10 Gaming
    White Bar Covering Bottom of Folder Icons: Hi,My computer just rebooted from a bugcheck today and when I logged back in, I noticed some white bars covering the bottom of some of my folder icons. I tired restarting my computer, restarting the Desktop Window Manager, changing my resolution settings, and changing...
  5. White Bar Covering Bottom of Folder Icons

White Bar Covering Bottom of Folder Icons: Hi,My computer just rebooted from a bugcheck today and when I logged back in, I noticed some white bars covering the bottom of some of my folder icons. I tired restarting my computer, restarting the Desktop Window Manager, changing my resolution settings, and changing...
  6. Task bar covers bottom of window

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Task bar covers bottom of window: Hello. Whenever I use my computer the taskbar covers the bottom of the window. This occurs with every window I open and restarting windowsExplorer fixes the issue but only temporarily and the issue happens again. This is extremely frustrating. Auto hide is turned off on the...
  7. Task bar covers bottom of window

Task bar covers bottom of window: Hello. Whenever I use my computer the taskbar covers the bottom of the window. This occurs with every window I open and restarting windowsExplorer fixes the issue but only temporarily and the issue happens again. This is extremely frustrating. Auto hide is turned off on the...
  8. Task bar is covering bottom of Chrome window

in Windows 10 Customization
    Task bar is covering bottom of Chrome window: Windows Task Bar in Windows 10 is covering the bottom of Chrome browser windows, how to fix, or time to get a Mac? It doesn't do it in Edge, but I won't be using an inferior browser purely due to Windows inferiority. [ATTACH] [ATTACH]...
  9. bottom task bar..

bottom task bar..: windows 10 another problem... I've had so many glitches since windows 10 driving me mad..little annoying things pointer kept disappearing half way thru a project , then calculator , the foto app lost all my pics. .various niggly problems . today the bottom task bar wont...
  10. bottom task bar

bottom task bar: When I go full screen the bottom task bar has always gone as well. This morning it stays there and I can't right click it to clear, as when I put the cursor in It becomes the vertical arrow sign, (as in widen etc.)How can I rectify this if I cant click it....