Windows 10: Task bar custismizing is locked even when it is telling me my account is linked with...

Discus and support Task bar custismizing is locked even when it is telling me my account is linked with... in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello. So I tried to restore from a previous day (no more than 5 days prior) and it messed up the files so bad, that I could not start even in safe... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Erm., Jun 1, 2019.

1. Erm. Win User

Task bar custismizing is locked even when it is telling me my account is linked with...

Hello.

So I tried to restore from a previous day (no more than 5 days prior) and it messed up the files so bad, that I could not start even in safe mode. So I download the tool on USB and rebooted the whole system; however, upon adding my Hotmail account I got my backgrounds back, but I still could not change the taskbar (which is a stark gray-white that causes me massive headaches). The option is personalization is grayed out to where clicking is disabled. I thought it was I needed a new product key, but I cannot buy a new one and it tells me "windows is activated with a digital license linked to your Microsoft account".

I searched for an hour for answers and only found help in explaining how to get to the personalization and not WHY it will not allow me to change this one feature.

:)

Erm., Jun 1, 2019

2. Cannot modify Task Bar settings

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will be happy to assist you.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if the issue persists.

• Right click on the Task Bar.
    • Uncheck the option " Lock the Taskbar."

Hope this helps.

Arvind Ram, Jun 1, 2019
  3. Task bar stay locked in windows 10.

Hi Stanley,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

I appreciate your interest in windows 10. I understand the inconvenience you faced. I will certainly help you with this.

I need more information about this issue so that I can assist you better.

1. What is the make and model of your computer?
    2. What happen when you try to use task bar?
    3. Do you want to unlock task bar?

I want to inform you it is by default locked because if you will do unlock it your task bar will not stay at one place.
    If you want to unlock it I would suggest you to Follow the below steps to fix issue.

1. Right click on Task bar then check status of task bar.
    2. Uncheck lock task bar option.

I hope this help.

Let us know the status of the issue so that we can assist you better.

Thanks.

Preeti Patel, Jun 1, 2019
  4. Task bar custismizing is locked even when it is telling me my account is linked with...

task bar

Hello,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Please follow the below step:

• Right click on the task bar and check if the option "Lock the taskbar" is unchecked.
    • If it is check, I request you to unchecked it.
    • Now drag the taskbar down.

I hope this helps you. If you have any further queries, feel free to contact us. We will be happy to help you.

Thank you.

Amit(Kumar), Jun 1, 2019
Thema:

Task bar custismizing is locked even when it is telling me my account is linked with...

1. Task bar custismizing is locked even when it is telling me my account is linked with... - Similar Threads - Task bar custismizing

2. Task Bar is Locked

in Windows 10 Customization
    Task Bar is Locked: I am unable to use task bar using either mouse or touch pad. Can't even get to options to power down or restart computer. Any suggestions? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/task-bar-is-locked/3a58d89e-ceac-4ecb-873c-421c51ee556b
  3. Task Bar is Locked

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Task Bar is Locked: I am unable to use task bar using either mouse or touch pad. Can't even get to options to power down or restart computer. Any suggestions? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/task-bar-is-locked/3a58d89e-ceac-4ecb-873c-421c51ee556b
  4. Task Bar is Locked

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Links unwanted in task bar.

Links unwanted in task bar.: I would like to remove the unwanted links in the hidden links popup on the right side of my taskbar. I already have the links I need on the task bar proper. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/links-unwanted-in-task-bar/cba66636-1011-4647-85a6-9b659052752f
  6. PROBLEM - Task Bar Link

PROBLEM - Task Bar Link: Hello! I have a problem about task bar links. I tried to make my pinned applications to go to the middle of the task barthen I turned links off then on and I changed my mind about it being in the middle so I tried to move to the left side like how I make it go to the middle...
  7. Task bar shows "no internet"even when internet is working

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Task bar shows "no internet"even when internet is working: I am using windows 10 which most of the times shows 'no internet access'on the task bar even when the internet works perfect. I am able to browse on most search engines ,but certain applications on my PC cannot access the internet at the same time. I can even download...
  8. Hello! Can someone tell me how to link my Minecraft/Mojang account to my Microsoft account?

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Hello! Can someone tell me how to link my Minecraft/Mojang account to my Microsoft account?: Because i want to buy Minecraft Dungeons WINDOWS 10 on my Mojang account but when i press buy,it says i need to log in my Microsoft account. I have Minecraft on my Mojang account and i don't want to have Minecraft Dungeons on my Microsoft account. Please help me!...
  9. Pop-up telling me to add an account on webpages with a Contact link

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Pop-up telling me to add an account on webpages with a Contact link: [ATTACH] This reoccurring problem happens on some web pages, where an active contact link is displayed. Normally, when you click on such a link, it opens with the contact information you require. But on others, you cannot get past a pop-up window-add an account to mail...
  10. Pop-up telling me to add an account on webpages with a Contact link

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Pop-up telling me to add an account on webpages with a Contact link: [ATTACH] This reoccurring problem happens on some web pages, where an active contact link is displayed. Normally, when you click on such a link, it opens with the contact information you require. But on others, you cannot get past a pop-up window-add an account to mail...