Windows 10: Task bar disappeared after Windows 10 update

Discus and support Task bar disappeared after Windows 10 update in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Not only the task bar, but the main screen is totally blank. Also seems some items are changed or missing, such as every time I try to bring up a web... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by terrysteeden, Oct 2, 2020.

1. Task bar disappeared after Windows 10 update

Not only the task bar, but the main screen is totally blank. Also seems some items are changed or missing, such as every time I try to bring up a web browser it keeps asking me which one to use like there is no default anymore.

:)

terrysteeden, Oct 2, 2020
  2. P4-630 Win User

Task to auto update windows defender definitions disappears

My mom has a new laptop with windows 8.1, we always set the windows updates to manual.
    On our other windows 8.1 computers I have created a task for auto updating windows defender definitions, which works fine for us.

This is how I created this task:

"Click on "Create Task", name it what you like (mine is Daily Signature Update), set the trigger as the time you want it to run every day.

For Action browse to Program Files\Windows Defender\MpCmdRun.exe and select it. In "Add arguments" add -SignatureUpdate -MMPC"

But somehow this task disappears once it has run on my mom's laptop.
    I'm logged in as admin and then I also tried it with running the task scheduler as admin, the task just disappears every day for some reason, while it works fine on our other windows 8.1 computers.

Anyone an idea why this task disappears every time?

Thanks.

P4-630, Oct 2, 2020
  3. Windows 10 Defender - How to make it default to task bar?

Using Windows 10 and currently I am using Defender for anti virus. For whatever reason Windows Defender does not show up in the task bar unless I search for the program or right click and scan a file/folder. Is there a way to force Defender to show up in the task bar at start up?

Flogger23m, Oct 2, 2020
  4. NancyHaig Win User

Task bar disappeared after Windows 10 update

I recently upgraded to Windows 10. The task bar on the bottom of the screen suddenly disappeared.

<Original title: Task Bar Disappeared>

I recently upgraded to Windows 10. The task bar on the bottom of the screen suddenly disappeared. I have tried re-booting without success. Any suggestions on how to restore it?

NancyHaig, Oct 2, 2020
Thema:

Task bar disappeared after Windows 10 update

1. Task bar disappeared after Windows 10 update - Similar Threads - Task bar disappeared

2. Task Bar completely disappeared on my windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Task Bar completely disappeared on my windows: There is no button at all. The whole taskbar on the bottom of the screen disappeared, but when you pointed to the original taskbar area, there will appear a little circle keep turning.Already tried the DISM and SFC in command prompt and the Get-AppxPackage in Powershell but...
  3. Task Bar completely disappeared on my windows

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Task Bar completely disappeared on my windows: There is no button at all. The whole taskbar on the bottom of the screen disappeared, but when you pointed to the original taskbar area, there will appear a little circle keep turning.Already tried the DISM and SFC in command prompt and the Get-AppxPackage in Powershell but...
  4. Start Menu and Task Bar Disappeared after update - Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Start Menu and Task Bar Disappeared after update - Windows 11: Hi All,I ran an update on Windows 11 and now when I log in my start menu and most of my taskbar has disappeared. I ran sfc /scannow and this identified some issues which it says it fixed. But still, the issue is there.Then I ran dism.exe healthcheck and again the same issue....
  5. Start Menu and Task Bar Disappeared after update - Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Start Menu and Task Bar Disappeared after update - Windows 11: Hi All,I ran an update on Windows 11 and now when I log in my start menu and most of my taskbar has disappeared. I ran sfc /scannow and this identified some issues which it says it fixed. But still, the issue is there.Then I ran dism.exe healthcheck and again the same issue....
  6. Windows task bar icons not rendering properly and disappearing after update KB5003637....

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows task bar icons not rendering properly and disappearing after update KB5003637....: Windows task bar icons not rendering properly and disappearing after update KB5003637. Moving task bar to right side and then back to bottom screen position corrects the problem temporarily. If others are effected by this issue please reply. Thank you...
  7. Task Bar icon issues after Windows 10 update.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Task Bar icon issues after Windows 10 update.: After installing May 25, 2021—KB5003214 OS Builds 19041.1023, 19042.1023, and 19043.1023 Preview upgrade, the system icons on the taskbar randomly disappear along with the standard date/time icon however all the pinned apps are not affected. Restarting the PC or explorer in...
  8. Task Bar issues after update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Task Bar issues after update: Hi After the May 2020 update 2004, right-click is not working on icons on the taskbar, also left-click is not working on volume/network/battery and action center icons. I have tried disabling all context menu extensions and was hoping that a recent update might fix the...
  9. Windows 10 Task Bar Icons Disappearing and Reappearing

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Task Bar Icons Disappearing and Reappearing: Really strange, but the task bar icons on my Windows 10 vanish momentarily, and the come back. This usually happens when demand is being placed on my PC. But the icons cut in and out at random. What causes this, exactly? Does anyone else who runs Windows 10 have this...
  10. Task bar icons disappeared

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Task bar icons disappeared: After running an update a couple of nights ago, the next morning most of the icons on the task bar at the bottom were gone and I can't click on the few that are left. If I minimize a screen, it doesn't show up on the task bar. If I try to reopen the same thing, it says I...