Windows 10: Task bar disappeared on my computer in Windows 11

Discus and support Task bar disappeared on my computer in Windows 11 in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; The task bar disappeared on my computer.There is no "Start" button. There is a bar on the bottom of the screen, but there is only an arrow on the far... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Ken Watts, Sep 25, 2022.

1. Ken Watts Win User

Task bar disappeared on my computer in Windows 11

The task bar disappeared on my computer.There is no "Start" button. There is a bar on the bottom of the screen, but there is only an arrow on the far right.When I click on the arrow, it shows only a few icons, for example the "OneDrive" cloud icon.What do I do to fix it? Any help would be appreciatedHere is a screen shot

:)

Ken Watts, Sep 25, 2022
  2. P4-630 Win User

Task to auto update windows defender definitions disappears

My mom has a new laptop with windows 8.1, we always set the windows updates to manual.
    On our other windows 8.1 computers I have created a task for auto updating windows defender definitions, which works fine for us.

This is how I created this task:

"Click on "Create Task", name it what you like (mine is Daily Signature Update), set the trigger as the time you want it to run every day.

For Action browse to Program Files\Windows Defender\MpCmdRun.exe and select it. In "Add arguments" add -SignatureUpdate -MMPC"

But somehow this task disappears once it has run on my mom's laptop.
    I'm logged in as admin and then I also tried it with running the task scheduler as admin, the task just disappears every day for some reason, while it works fine on our other windows 8.1 computers.

Anyone an idea why this task disappears every time?

Thanks.

P4-630, Sep 25, 2022
  3. Cannot modify Task Bar settings

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will be happy to assist you.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if the issue persists.

• Right click on the Task Bar.
    • Uncheck the option " Lock the Taskbar."

Hope this helps.

Arvind Ram, Sep 25, 2022
  4. Riel Alc Win User

Disappearing task bar icons

Hi,

For better assistance, we'd like to ask what are the updates that have been installed in your computer? Can you provide us a sample screenshot of the issue?

To view your update history, please follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key + i to open Settings and then click
      Update & security.
    • Under Windows Update, click Advanced options.
    • Under ADVANCED OPTIONS, click View your update history.

We're looking forward to your reply.

Riel Alc, Sep 25, 2022
Thema:

1. Task bar disappeared on my computer in Windows 11 - Similar Threads - Task bar disappeared

2. Task Bar completely disappeared on my windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Task Bar completely disappeared on my windows: There is no button at all. The whole taskbar on the bottom of the screen disappeared, but when you pointed to the original taskbar area, there will appear a little circle keep turning.Already tried the DISM and SFC in command prompt and the Get-AppxPackage in Powershell but...
  3. Task Bar completely disappeared on my windows

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Task Bar completely disappeared on my windows: There is no button at all. The whole taskbar on the bottom of the screen disappeared, but when you pointed to the original taskbar area, there will appear a little circle keep turning.Already tried the DISM and SFC in command prompt and the Get-AppxPackage in Powershell but...
  4. My task bar has disappeared

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My task bar has disappeared: My task bar has disappeared, I cannot access the Start menu to restart my computer, nor can I access the Settings menu. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-task-bar-has-disappeared/c54cc87f-f13c-4e2f-95a0-e5f709800d13
  5. My task bar has disappeared

My task bar has disappeared: My task bar has disappeared, I cannot access the Start menu to restart my computer, nor can I access the Settings menu. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-task-bar-has-disappeared/c54cc87f-f13c-4e2f-95a0-e5f709800d13
  6. Task bar disappeared on my computer in Windows 11

Task bar disappeared on my computer in Windows 11: The task bar disappeared on my computer.There is no "Start" button. There is a bar on the bottom of the screen, but there is only an arrow on the far right.When I click on the arrow, it shows only a few icons, for example the "OneDrive" cloud icon.What do I do to fix it? Any...
  7. Icons in my task bar keep disappearing?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Icons in my task bar keep disappearing?: Hi,question is in the title. What I mean by that is that the icons are definitely still in the task bar, they're just "invisible"?As you can see in the screenshot the little bar under the icon next to spotify indicates that the program is still in the task bar, the icon just...
  8. Icons in my task bar keep disappearing?

Icons in my task bar keep disappearing?: Hi,question is in the title. What I mean by that is that the icons are definitely still in the task bar, they're just "invisible"?As you can see in the screenshot the little bar under the icon next to spotify indicates that the program is still in the task bar, the icon just...
  9. Epson Scan launching in task bar then disappearing Windows 11

Epson Scan launching in task bar then disappearing Windows 11: Ever since I've updated to Windows 11 I have been unable to launch Epson Scan. When I click on the icon to run the application it will start up in the task bar but immediately disappears before any window is launched it also does not show in task manager. I have uninstalled...
  10. Task bar icons disappeared

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Task bar icons disappeared: After running an update a couple of nights ago, the next morning most of the icons on the task bar at the bottom were gone and I can't click on the few that are left. If I minimize a screen, it doesn't show up on the task bar. If I try to reopen the same thing, it says I...