Windows 10: Task bar disappeared with all pinned items

Discus and support Task bar disappeared with all pinned items in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I am working now from home and I worked to pin several things to the task bar. Somehow that all disappeared. How do I get it back?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by ElisaOlien, Mar 16, 2020.

1. Task bar disappeared with all pinned items

I am working now from home and I worked to pin several things to the task bar. Somehow that all disappeared. How do I get it back?

:)

ElisaOlien, Mar 16, 2020

2. Sorting items pinned to the task bar

In Windows 7, I could drag items to an icon pinned to the task bar to pin additional items (e.g. I could drag miscellaneous Excel files to the Excel icon pinned to the task bar, right click on the Excel icon and select the file I want to open as a quick
    link without cluttering up my desktop). In Windows 7, I was able to drag / drop those pinned items to sort them in a specific order (e.g. alphabetical). I seem to have lost the ability to sort those items in Windows 10. Is there a trick to it or is this
    a bug with Windows 10?

Gary Alford (Gary.Alford), Mar 16, 2020
  3. sixt5cuda Win User
    Windows 10 lost my pinned OneDrive file links on the task bar

First, my files are not missing, I simply cannot access them the same way I did with Windows 8 and 8.1

Correct behavior from Windows 8.1:

1) Open Windows Explorer

2) Find and open Notepad file "Notes.txt" located in a OneDrive folder

3) Notepad is pinned to the task bar

4) Right-click on Notepad icon in task bar

5) List of recent files appears, including files recently opened on OneDrive

6) Right-click on "Notes.txt", left-click on Pin To This List

7) "Notes.txt" is now quickly accessible from the list of files in the Notepad list on the task bar

Under Windows 10, step 5 is broken. Files located on OneDrive never appear in the list of recent items for a pinned application on the task bar. This behavior is duplicated on the Start Menu Jump List.

Under Windows 8.1, I had many pinned documents connected to applications on my task bar. As soon as Windows 10 booted the first time, these links disappeared. Links to documents on the desktop or in my local Documents folder, remained linked to task bar
    applications.

Has anyone else seen this behavior, or is it just my computer?

sixt5cuda, Mar 16, 2020
  4. Mikky_888 Win User

Task bar disappeared with all pinned items

how to successfully pin files to the task bar

I use to be able to drag and drop files onto the task bar and they would reside withing the file list for that program. Since the recent upgrade it appears that I am not able to pin a file to the program on the task bar. Suggestions?

Mikky_888, Mar 16, 2020
Thema:

Task bar disappeared with all pinned items

1. Task bar disappeared with all pinned items - Similar Threads - Task bar disappeared

2. All the task bar badges have disappeared. The apps are still pinned to the taskbar but no...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    All the task bar badges have disappeared. The apps are still pinned to the taskbar but no...: I have Windows 10. I tried to access the Personalization / app behaviors but that doesn't exist under the personalization on my system. I've been thru the taskbar list of options to no avail. Can I get some assistance please?...
  3. All the task bar badges have disappeared. The apps are still pinned to the taskbar but no...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    All the task bar badges have disappeared. The apps are still pinned to the taskbar but no...: I have Windows 10. I tried to access the Personalization / app behaviors but that doesn't exist under the personalization on my system. I've been thru the taskbar list of options to no avail. Can I get some assistance please?...
  4. All the task bar badges have disappeared. The apps are still pinned to the taskbar but no...

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. All my pinned Start menu items disappeared again

All my pinned Start menu items disappeared again: Hi.All my pinned Start Menu items have disappeared again. Some of you will know that this is a regular occurrence 4 instances last year, including June and November, and then again in February 2023.My Start menu has, again, been replaced the default "Productivity" set of...
  6. All my pinned Start menu items disappeared again

All my pinned Start menu items disappeared again: Hi.All my pinned Start Menu items have disappeared again. Some of you will know that this is a regular occurrence 4 instances last year, including June and November, and then again in February 2023.My Start menu has, again, been replaced the default "Productivity" set of...
  7. Changing Labels on Task Bar Pinned Items

Changing Labels on Task Bar Pinned Items: I know this question has been asked about general task bar pinned item name changes, however I was hoping that someone would be able to advise how I change the information that is remembered and pinned.IE if i right click the RDP icon, it produces a list of recently accessed...
  8. Changing Labels on Task Bar Pinned Items

Changing Labels on Task Bar Pinned Items: I know this question has been asked about general task bar pinned item name changes, however I was hoping that someone would be able to advise how I change the information that is remembered and pinned.IE if i right click the RDP icon, it produces a list of recently accessed...
  9. Changing Labels on Task Bar Pinned Items

in Windows 10 Gaming
  10. Items pinned to Taskbar disappear

Items pinned to Taskbar disappear: Windows 10 Pro 20H2 OS Build 19042.630 Pinned apps Messenger and Skype do not stay pinned to taskbar Re-pinned several times, but disappear after next re-boot Other pinned apps remain pinned, no issues Other apps pinned BEFORE the update remain pinned, no issues All...