Windows 10: Task bar does not follow settings with dual monitors.

Discus and support Task bar does not follow settings with dual monitors. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have my taskbar set to show all apps on both my monitors, but periodically my second monitor will only show the apps that are on it. If I look at the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Vanjaman, Mar 27, 2021.

1. Vanjaman Win User

Task bar does not follow settings with dual monitors.

I have my taskbar set to show all apps on both my monitors, but periodically my second monitor will only show the apps that are on it. If I look at the task bar settings while that is going on, the settings will be correct, i.e. "show taskbar buttons on: All taskbars" but the behavior will still be wrong. To fix it I change the setting to something else, then change it back. Is there a permanent solution? What triggers the bug?

:)

Vanjaman, Mar 27, 2021

2. Cannot modify Task Bar settings

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will be happy to assist you.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if the issue persists.

• Right click on the Task Bar.
    • Uncheck the option " Lock the Taskbar."

Hope this helps.

Arvind Ram, Mar 27, 2021
  3. Setting up dual monitor on PC

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand your query related to connecting external monitor to the PC.

Usually, you will receive an error when connecting external monitor when the cable is not connected properly. I would suggest you to follow the suggestions mentioned in the article

Troubleshoot external monitor connections in Windows 10

Additionally, you may want to refer the below articles

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, Mar 27, 2021
  4. Task bar does not follow settings with dual monitors.

Dual monitors, one showing black screen when set up

Hello,

Problems setting up dual monitors may occur for several reasons. To isolate your concern, we'll need to ask you the following:

• Which type of video cable are you using to connect the second monitor?
    • Did you try a different video cable?

For help with setting up a second monitor, you may refer to this article link
    by Andre Da Costa. Also, running the hardware troubleshooter may fix dual monitor issues. To do that, type in
    Troubleshooting in the search bar and press Enter, select
    Hardware and Sound
    , click on Hardware and Devices, and follow the steps from the troubleshooter wizard.

We're looking forward to your response.

Hector Mad, Mar 27, 2021
Thema:

Task bar does not follow settings with dual monitors.

1. Task bar does not follow settings with dual monitors. - Similar Threads - Task bar does

2. Why does the task bar appear taller in a dual monitor setup.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does the task bar appear taller in a dual monitor setup.: Is there any way to adjust this. OCD kicking in really bad on this. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-does-the-task-bar-appear-taller-in-a-dual/6ba1183c-46cb-4345-ab84-2aec5ff0214f
  3. Why does the task bar appear taller in a dual monitor setup.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why does the task bar appear taller in a dual monitor setup.: Is there any way to adjust this. OCD kicking in really bad on this. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-does-the-task-bar-appear-taller-in-a-dual/6ba1183c-46cb-4345-ab84-2aec5ff0214f
  4. Task Bar Settings

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Task Bar Settings: Given as there isn't a way to move the task bar to anywhere but the middle or left on the bottom of the screen, has there any concerted effort to get MS to fix the issue so we can move it to the or side of the desktop? If not, maybe if more people let them know that something...
  5. In a dual monitor setup is it possible to have the task bar on one monitor but the full...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    In a dual monitor setup is it possible to have the task bar on one monitor but the full...: I do remember seeing something similar on Reddit but I just can’t make it happen myself. submitted by /u/zoomiemushrooms [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/mb2ag3/in_a_dual_monitor_setup_is_it_possible_to_have/
  6. Having an issue with the task bar while using dual monitors

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Having an issue with the task bar while using dual monitors: I have two monitors, and I noticed when I hit the show desktop button on my main screen task bar, that it minimizes everything, even the task bar on the second monitor. Im not sure if this has always done this, as I never really paid attention. But I noticed it tonight after...
  7. Task bar settings

in Windows 10 Customization
    Task bar settings: how do I turn on seconds in my taskbar time display https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/task-bar-settings/4e9a2842-9374-409a-8311-a0de878f3728
  8. task bar settings

task bar settings: I would like to know if there's a way to hide my taskbar completely? Currently I have the taskbar hidden, it reveals itself when I move my mouse to the bottom of the screen. However more often than not I do this accidentally while trying to do something near the bottom of the...
  9. dual monitor settings

dual monitor settings: ok...my larger monitor which is also my tv is to my left the smaller one to the right...thus the large one is set at 1 and the smaller at 2...without changing that...is it possible to set things up to play my games on the 2nd smaller monitor..I prefer my mouse changing...
  10. Monitor not following sleep settings

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Monitor not following sleep settings: I have my monitor set to sleep after 10 minutes but it goes to sleep after only 5 mins. Why won't it follow the sleep settings? I have also tried 20 minutes without luck. All Win 10 updates are current. 62852