Windows 10: Task bar doesn't respond on hover

Discus and support Task bar doesn't respond on hover in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; My taskbar is pinned to the top of the screen and it's hides automatically.When multiple windows or just one are opened full screen and I try to switch... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Brighidin, Dec 1, 2022.

1. Brighidin Win User

Task bar doesn't respond on hover

My taskbar is pinned to the top of the screen and it's hides automatically.When multiple windows or just one are opened full screen and I try to switch windows or programs, or need smth else on the taskbar and I move my cursor to the top of screen trying to open it hidden taskbar - it does not respond when other windows are opened. When my desktop is empty it works ok.It started recently and unexpectedly. As far as I remember everything worked fine before.I think that all windows and programs are in front of the taskbar and this is the reason of it unrespoding. My question is: how to move

:)

Brighidin, Dec 1, 2022

2. task bar not responding

Hi,

There are several possible reasons why the task bar is not working as expected. One of them may be caused by a corrupted user profile. In your case, we'd like to ask for additional information to help us determine the appropriate steps to solve the issue.
    Please answer the following:

• Have you made any recent changes or installed updates before the task bar stopped responding?
    • Was the task bar working after you have created the user profile?
    • Have you checked if the issue also exists with the other user profiles?
    • What build and version of Windows 10 are you using?
    For initial troubleshooting, you can follow the steps in this article:
    Troubleshoot problems opening the Start menu or Cortana

We hope to hear from you soon.

Jennifer Cha, Dec 1, 2022
  3. Vwake123 Win User
    No Task Bar (hovering) preview, no peeking, no full screen is on hovering over and clicking

When there is no window opened, hovering over taskbar app icons, a preview is shown, but on hovering over preview no full window is opened, and no peeking is done, and also clicking on that small preview, no window opened.

1. And whenever there is a window is opened then hovering over taskbar icons doesn't gives any preview of the window.
    2. But it still opens window, on just clicking on task bar icons ( i.e. working fine ).

And when two windows of any app is being opened and if minimized any of them then you can not maximise that minimized window...???

• And when both windows of same app is being minimized then hovering over task bar icon of that app still shows those two previews, but clicking on any preview doesn't provide anything, and thus it all means after minimizing those two window of that app you
      can not recover any of the window.
    Basically the problem is I'm not able to open window ( or make full ) from any task bar preview and the First (1.) one also of first paragraph.

Vwake123, Dec 1, 2022
  4. BetoLP Win User

Windows doesn`t start. Authomatic repair doesn`t work.

Thanks again!!

I`m sorry I had not noticed that the text on the picture was in spanish. It says that windows has replaced some damaged clusters in "name" file and "directory". Then, at the end "an unspecified error occurred (75736e6a726e6c2e 4f6)".

I`ll do it and I`ll be updating this thread when I have the report.

- - - Updated - - -

I ran SeaTools. These are the results:

Task bar doesn't respond on hover [​IMG]

Does it mean my HDD is useless?

BetoLP, Dec 1, 2022
Thema:

1. Task bar doesn't respond on hover - Similar Threads - Task bar doesn't

2. Windows start, search bar, or task bar not responding

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows start, search bar, or task bar not responding: Whenever I try clicking the window start, it won't open, same with the search bar and task bar. I try opening settings and it is also not responding after trying various methods....
  3. Windows start, search bar, or task bar not responding

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows start, search bar, or task bar not responding: Whenever I try clicking the window start, it won't open, same with the search bar and task bar. I try opening settings and it is also not responding after trying various methods....
  4. Task bar doesn't respond on hover

Task bar doesn't respond on hover: My taskbar is pinned to the top of the screen and it's hides automatically.When multiple windows or just one are opened full screen and I try to switch windows or programs, or need smth else on the taskbar and I move my cursor to the top of screen trying to open it hidden...
  5. Task bar doesn't respond on hover

in Windows 10 Customization
    Task bar doesn't respond on hover: My taskbar is pinned to the top of the screen and it's hides automatically.When multiple windows or just one are opened full screen and I try to switch windows or programs, or need smth else on the taskbar and I move my cursor to the top of screen trying to open it hidden...
  6. task bar not responding

in Windows 10 Customization
    task bar not responding: I click on the apps in the task bar and nothing happens at all. I tried to remove all the apps and pin it again and it is still the same. No changes made to the PC. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/task-bar-not-responding/57e926ae-5fe3-4995-8104-9644e4fcfcfb
  7. task bar not responding

in Windows 10 Gaming
    task bar not responding: I click on the apps in the task bar and nothing happens at all. I tried to remove all the apps and pin it again and it is still the same. No changes made to the PC. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/task-bar-not-responding/57e926ae-5fe3-4995-8104-9644e4fcfcfb
  8. task bar not responding

9. Looking to modify task bar hover settings

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Looking to modify task bar hover settings: Hi all, I have a bit of a think for hidden task bars. But I was wondering if there was a way to adjust the hover behaviour for the task bar, so I have to hold the cursor at the taskbar location for a set amount of time before it shows? I currently accidentally activate it...
  10. Windows Task Bar Not Responding

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows Task Bar Not Responding: About a week ago, I went to go click my windows button at the bottom left corner of my screen and it just froze and I shut my computer off and turned it back on and now the whole taskbar is broken. I've already tried the whole task prompt thingy and the "resetting windows...