Windows 10: Task bar has 2 selected apps at once. Is this a bug?

Discus and support Task bar has 2 selected apps at once. Is this a bug? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello everyone!guest273 here!Now I don't know if this is a bug or a 'unwanted feature', but the issue I'm having is:Usually when I start my day on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by guest273, Jun 11, 2021.

1. guest273 Win User

Task bar has 2 selected apps at once. Is this a bug?

Hello everyone!guest273 here!Now I don't know if this is a bug or a 'unwanted feature', but the issue I'm having is:Usually when I start my day on Windows 10 I open multiple apps and simply select 1 app on the task bar by clicking on it - either if it's a game or Google Chrome or Microsoft word etc. After like 4-6 hours of working with my PC I often have this 'bug' where a 2nd app is also like "ghost selected" and it just shows this half selected app glow and gives the tooltip / name for the program which is annoying.How do I prevent this from happening / fix it without restarting my windows 1

:)

guest273, Jun 11, 2021

2. Task Scheduler with error message The selected task »CreateChoiceProcessTask« no longer exists

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community. Let me assist you.

I suggest you to clear the task from Task Scheduler using the below steps and check if the issue still persists.

Steps:-

• Type Task Scheduler on Search bar.
    • Click on Task Scheduler Library.
    • Select the particular task and right click on it.
    • Select End.

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Pawan Dhondiyal, Jun 11, 2021
  3. Windows 10 self installing apps I have uninstalled!

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps:

Step 1: I suggest you to end the task in task manager.

• Go to task bar

• Right click on task bar

• Select task manager

• Click on apps and end the task.
    Step 2: Go to appwiz.cpl and locate to the apps, right click on apps and uninstall apps.

If the issue persists I suggest you to create new user account and check if it helps.

Step 3: You may check the same issue with the new user account.

Try these steps to create a new user account and check if it fixes the issue. Refer to the steps below to create a new User Account:

• Go to Settings.

• Choose Accounts
      and then select Other User Accounts towards the left.

• Select Add an Account.

• Enter a user name and hit Next.

• Click on Finish.

• Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.

• Check if issue persists.
    Please let us know if you need further assistance.

Thank you.

Divya Murugan, Jun 11, 2021
  4. Task bar has 2 selected apps at once. Is this a bug?

Cannot modify Task Bar settings

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will be happy to assist you.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if the issue persists.

• Right click on the Task Bar.
    • Uncheck the option " Lock the Taskbar."

Hope this helps.

Arvind Ram, Jun 11, 2021
Thema:

Task bar has 2 selected apps at once. Is this a bug?

1. Task bar has 2 selected apps at once. Is this a bug? - Similar Threads - Task bar has

2. App Task Bar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    App Task Bar: At work, I am able to shrink multi-open apps from the top to bottom taskbar and then grab them as I need. I can't figure out how to do this on my laptop or if it's even an option. I hope that makes sense. I'm only a middle-of-the-road user and some of these settings and how...
  3. App Task Bar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    App Task Bar: At work, I am able to shrink multi-open apps from the top to bottom taskbar and then grab them as I need. I can't figure out how to do this on my laptop or if it's even an option. I hope that makes sense. I'm only a middle-of-the-road user and some of these settings and how...
  4. Is my task bar bugged?

in Cortana
    Is my task bar bugged?: I was playing Apex Legends but then my computer crashed. After I restarted my computer, the task bar icon changed.I've searched some problem solving but seems like it didn't help that much.I had scanned my disk and window update but it didn't pop up any question about it.I'm...
  5. Is my task bar bugged?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is my task bar bugged?: I was playing Apex Legends but then my computer crashed. After I restarted my computer, the task bar icon changed.I've searched some problem solving but seems like it didn't help that much.I had scanned my disk and window update but it didn't pop up any question about it.I'm...
  6. Is my task bar bugged?

7. Task Bar Apps

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Task Bar Apps: In Windows 11 environment the apps Start and search do not function well. Clicking the start search window will open and flicker like anything.Any Help in this regard ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/task-bar-apps/bfa9f6eb-54cd-4d97-99fd-0a57288cb9f1
  8. Task Bar Apps

Task Bar Apps: In Windows 11 environment the apps Start and search do not function well. Clicking the start search window will open and flicker like anything.Any Help in this regard ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/task-bar-apps/bfa9f6eb-54cd-4d97-99fd-0a57288cb9f1
  9. bugged task bar

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    bugged task bar: Hi, I recently noticed that my task bar stops working in certain conditions, ex:I normally boot up my computer.I log into my account everything's normalI switch to my another account: the task bar stops working: Only 3 icons appear: the windows logo, the search icon and the...
  10. Bug with icons on the task bar

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Bug with icons on the task bar: [IMG] Since the update, I unpinned the windows edge, and now the icons do not collapse anymore. Its like there is a missing icon in-between them. Not a huge deal, but still kinda annoys me, hope it gets fixed or its a new setting I'm not aware of....