Windows 10: Task Bar: How to list multiple files vertically rather than horizontal icons?

Discus and support Task Bar: How to list multiple files vertically rather than horizontal icons? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; This was asked before but was not answered, at least not to solve the problem. The requestor was left with living with it. Here's a screen shot of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Jpuy, Dec 31, 2020.

1. Jpuy Win User

Task Bar: How to list multiple files vertically rather than horizontal icons?

This was asked before but was not answered, at least not to solve the problem. The requestor was left with living with it.

Here's a screen shot of what is happening now - the icons are shown horizontally. The question is how to stack them vertically. I believe with earlier versions you could have the names stack vertically I don't need or maybe even want it to be icons. I could not find this in the taskbar settings and could not find an answer online.

Task Bar: How to list multiple files vertically rather than horizontal icons? 5caa6750-b6af-49c2-9cdb-92c6a975d869?upload=true.png

:)

2. vertical task bar tp horizantal

How do I restore vertical task bar to horizontal?

Racemaster, Dec 31, 2020
  3. Some (not all) of the icons in the task bar are not centre aligned when the task bar is set to the left of the screen

I have moved the windows 10 task bar from the bottom of the screen to the left but unfortunately this breaks the centre alignment of some icons. Where as all icons on the menu were vertically aligned when the task bar was horizontal on the bottom of the
    screen only some of the icons horizontally align when the taskbar is vertical at the left of the screen.

http://i.imgur.com/q7dCiXL.png

Is there any way to make all the icons centre align?

A-Windows-User, Dec 31, 2020
  4. Task Bar: How to list multiple files vertically rather than horizontal icons?

No Icons visible in task bar, Win 10

Hi Richard,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

As you are facing issues with icons in the Task bar after November update, do let us know the following:

• Is this issue confined only with icons in the Task bar?
    • What happens when you try to click on those icons?
    • What exactly do you mean by: "they are there but not visible"?

Method 1: If you are referring to showing up of different icons in Task in System tray, I suggest you to try the below and check if it helps.

• Press Windows key from the Keyboard, type
      Turn system icons On or Off
      and select it.
    • Try to turn on the icons that are visible.

Method 2:

Step 1: If not, I suggest you to place the computer in safe mode and check if the icons are visible to access.

Refer: Start your PC in safe mode in Windows 10

If the issue still persists,

Step 2: This issue might have occurred due to corrupted or missing system files after the update. I suggest you to place the computer in normal mode and try to perform SFC scan.

Steps: Place the computer in normal mode.

• Press Windows + R keys to open
      Run command.
    • Type msconfig and press
      Enter
    • In the System Configuration
      window, click on General tab.
    • Select Start-up selection as Normal startup, click on Apply and Ok.
    • Follow onscreen instructions.

Perform SFC scan, System File Checkeris a utility in Windows that allows users to scan for corruptions in Windows system files and restore corrupted files.

Follow the below steps:

• Right click on the Start button, click on
      Command Prompt (Admin)
    • Type “sfc /scannow” without the quotes and hit
      Enter
    • After the scan, restart the computer and check for the issue.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue with required information, we will be happy to help you.

Deepika Gowda, Dec 31, 2020
Thema:

Task Bar: How to list multiple files vertically rather than horizontal icons?

1. Task Bar: How to list multiple files vertically rather than horizontal icons? - Similar Threads - Task Bar list

2. Task bar icons Multiple displays

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Task bar icons Multiple displays: Hello can we get an option to have task bars show on more than 1 monitor, when im gaming or watching a full screen video i cant access my task bar and task tray icons on the bottom right....
  3. Task bar icons Multiple displays

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Task bar icons Multiple displays: Hello can we get an option to have task bars show on more than 1 monitor, when im gaming or watching a full screen video i cant access my task bar and task tray icons on the bottom right....
  4. Vertical Task Bar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Vertical Task Bar: Hello Team, Please advise if there is a fix for enabling a vertical task bar. Is there an ETA? I have a several wide curve screens requiring efficiency to toggle tools. Please advise....
  5. Vertical Task Bar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Vertical Task Bar: Hello Team, Please advise if there is a fix for enabling a vertical task bar. Is there an ETA? I have a several wide curve screens requiring efficiency to toggle tools. Please advise....
  6. Want vertical thumbnail tasks and not horizontal.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Want vertical thumbnail tasks and not horizontal.: Went from Win7 to Win10. The list of open emails displays horizontally and seem to max out. How do I change setting to show vertically and increase capacity on # of open emails in the list?...
  7. Vertical print NOT Horizontal print.

Vertical print NOT Horizontal print.: All of my printed sheets coming out of printer are coming horizontally. I want them to come out vertically. It originally was coming vertical and one day IT decided to change to horizontal....
  8. no video but horizontal and vertical lines

no video but horizontal and vertical lines: I have a d620 lattitude that i purchased used. It has been working well until a few weeks ago when it developed a vertical line near center, still with video. Shortly the vertical line disappeared, but had no video, just a light blue screen. I connected to my lcd tv and it...
  9. vertical task bar tp horizantal

vertical task bar tp horizantal: How do I restore vertical task bar to horizontal? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/vertical-task-bar-tp-horizantal/690c2d98-5881-4ea9-b9b0-64ce9ccb8c6f
  10. Window Icon on Task Bar Changed to Text List

in Windows 10 Support
    Window Icon on Task Bar Changed to Text List: The Window Icon, first icon on the taskbar is no longer graphical. Nothing happens when I left click on it. A right click brings up a long list including Programs and Features, Power Options, Event Viewer, System, etc.. I do not recall changing any desktop settings. What did...