Windows 10: Task bar icons disappeared

Discus and support Task bar icons disappeared in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; After running an update a couple of nights ago, the next morning most of the icons on the task bar at the bottom were gone and I can't click on the few... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Colleen71909, Dec 31, 2018.

1. Task bar icons disappeared

After running an update a couple of nights ago, the next morning most of the icons on the task bar at the bottom were gone and I can't click on the few that are left. If I minimize a screen, it doesn't show up on the task bar. If I try to reopen the same thing, it says I locked it. I think this update created havoc. How do I fix this??

:)

Colleen71909, Dec 31, 2018
  2. Riel Alc Win User

Disappearing task bar icons

Hi,

For better assistance, we'd like to ask what are the updates that have been installed in your computer? Can you provide us a sample screenshot of the issue?

To view your update history, please follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key + i to open Settings and then click
      Update & security.
    • Under Windows Update, click Advanced options.
    • Under ADVANCED OPTIONS, click View your update history.

We're looking forward to your reply.

Riel Alc, Dec 31, 2018
  3. FV6
    FV6 Win User
    power icon disappeared in the task bar

power icon disappeared in the task bar

4. Task bar icons disappeared

Task Bar Icons Disappear and Reappear

Hi this started shortly after installing windows 10, when i click on the volume or the network icon in the system tray, all the other icons in the system tray as well as the task bar disappear, when i mouse over were they are supposed to be they reappear,
    its not a big deal, just kinda annoying.

Any suggestions with this would be appreciated

Thanks

AnthonyBerakos, Dec 31, 2018
Thema:

Task bar icons disappeared

1. Task bar icons disappeared - Similar Threads - Task bar icons

2. Icons in my task bar keep disappearing?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Icons in my task bar keep disappearing?: Hi,question is in the title. What I mean by that is that the icons are definitely still in the task bar, they're just "invisible"?As you can see in the screenshot the little bar under the icon next to spotify indicates that the program is still in the task bar, the icon just...
  3. Icons in my task bar keep disappearing?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Icons in my task bar keep disappearing?: Hi,question is in the title. What I mean by that is that the icons are definitely still in the task bar, they're just "invisible"?As you can see in the screenshot the little bar under the icon next to spotify indicates that the program is still in the task bar, the icon just...
  4. Task Bar Icons Disappear and Reappear

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Task Bar Icons Disappear and Reappear: This problem occurs whenever I close the file explorer tab after a while. Moreover, it happens automatically after some time. I also updated my OS from windows 10 to 11, even then there was no solution.Why this is happening & how can I solve this? Any suggestions with this...
  5. Task Bar Icons Disappear and Reappear

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Task Bar Icons Disappear and Reappear: This problem occurs whenever I close the file explorer tab after a while. Moreover, it happens automatically after some time. I also updated my OS from windows 10 to 11, even then there was no solution.Why this is happening & how can I solve this? Any suggestions with this...
  6. Task Bar Icons

in Windows 10 Customization
    Task Bar Icons: Why are certain taskbar icons grayed out, and how can I make them reappear? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/task-bar-icons/9791345e-32f4-4714-bb2a-fac027ff537d
  7. Windows 10 Task Bar Icons Disappearing and Reappearing

Windows 10 Task Bar Icons Disappearing and Reappearing: Really strange, but the task bar icons on my Windows 10 vanish momentarily, and the come back. This usually happens when demand is being placed on my PC. But the icons cut in and out at random. What causes this, exactly? Does anyone else who runs Windows 10 have this...
  8. TASK BAR ICONS

TASK BAR ICONS: SOMEHOW ANOTHER THE TASK BAR ICONS HAVE MOVED ON ME ALSO THE TIMEHAS DISSAPPEARED .. THEY ARE ALL TOGETHER INSTEAD OF SPACED OUT.. I MIGHT HAVE CLIKED ON SOMETHING BUT DONT THINK I DID.. HOW TO MOVE THEM BACKTO DEFAULT POSTION TO THE BOTTOM RIGHT CONCER?? PLZ HELP, THANKS...
  9. task bar icons

task bar icons: The battery indicator (icon) of my task bar disappears time to time.The solutions that are provided by Micro Soft at the first stage do not work. Please help me to overcome this problem....
  10. My word icon in the task bar has disappeared.

My word icon in the task bar has disappeared.: The word icon in my taskbar has disappeared. I can't unpin it now, nor open files from it when I right click, though I can still move it around in the taskbar. The word icon is fine when I go through the start panel. This seemed to have happened after the 1809 update....