Windows 10: Task bar icons no longer have left click context options

Discus and support Task bar icons no longer have left click context options in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Win10 v20H2 10/02/2021 Kb4601319 and Kb4601050 installed I can no longer left click to bring up context options, as in Excel/Word recent docs... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Palcouk, Feb 11, 2021.

1. Palcouk Win User

Task bar icons no longer have left click context options

Win10 v20H2

10/02/2021 Kb4601319 and Kb4601050 installed

I can no longer left click to bring up context options, as in Excel/Word recent docs ,Outlook no context options for new mail/task etc,

Applies to all icons/apps on the task bar

Occasionally unable to type in Cortana

SFC/DISM process run with nothing found

T/Y

:)

Palcouk, Feb 11, 2021

2. Windows icon at left in the task bar fails...

The directions to fix this problem should read:

• Go through all the motions to create a useless account.

Log Out and log into your usual account.
    • The start button will now work for left click
    • The task bar icons will now work for right-click.
    • When you hover over the task bar open icons, the images will not get stuck on the screen which used to make you hover over another icon in the task bar to get them to disappear.
    • Now you have to go in and figure out how to repair your Outlook because it got all scrupped with the new yet fake eddress but that is an entirely different operation.

P.S. How did my choice to use the unordered list end up skipping that second line?

Is this another MS feature?

EmeroGorK2, Feb 11, 2021
  3. Riel Alc Win User
    Disappearing task bar icons

Hi,

For better assistance, we'd like to ask what are the updates that have been installed in your computer? Can you provide us a sample screenshot of the issue?

To view your update history, please follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key + i to open Settings and then click
      Update & security.
    • Under Windows Update, click Advanced options.
    • Under ADVANCED OPTIONS, click View your update history.

We're looking forward to your reply.

Riel Alc, Feb 11, 2021
  4. Task bar icons no longer have left click context options

Task Bar Icons Windows 10

Hi John,

Thank you for your response.

We sincerely regret for the inconvenience caused.

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps:

If the icon is hidden from the task bar, you can enable it by using the following steps. The icon might be hidden. Here's how to show the battery icon:

• Right-click an empty area on the taskbar, and then click
      Properties.
    • Under Notification area, click
      Customize.
    • In Notification Area Icons, click on Select
      which icons appear on Taskbar.
    • On in the drop-down list next to
      Power, and then click OK.
    If the issue still persists you can try Updating the latest Power management driver software for Windows 10 from the manufacturer website.

Please let us know if you need further assistance.

Thank you.

Divya Murugan, Feb 11, 2021
Thema:

Task bar icons no longer have left click context options

1. Task bar icons no longer have left click context options - Similar Threads - Task bar icons

2. Location Services arrow bouncing the task bar icons to the left

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Location Services arrow bouncing the task bar icons to the left: When the location services arrow shows up briefly in the system icons area, all the application icons in the taskbar shift to the left. This must be a Windows problem as it occurs consistently across four entirely different computers I'm using. Is there a way to stop this...
  3. On a task bar left clicking on the: Language bar, sound bar, power bar, and they are not...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    On a task bar left clicking on the: Language bar, sound bar, power bar, and they are not...: On a task bar left clicking on the: Language Bar, Sound Bar, Power Bar, and they are not opening. However, I can right click on them and change the characteristics in settings, which is not normal. I also have the error which is happening after right clicking on a Power Bar....
  4. On a task bar left clicking on the: Language bar, sound bar, power bar, and they are not...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    On a task bar left clicking on the: Language bar, sound bar, power bar, and they are not...: On a task bar left clicking on the: Language Bar, Sound Bar, Power Bar, and they are not opening. However, I can right click on them and change the characteristics in settings, which is not normal. I also have the error which is happening after right clicking on a Power Bar....
  5. Windows Explorer Context Menu not working when right clicking on the Explorer icon in Task Bar

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Explorer Context Menu not working when right clicking on the Explorer icon in Task Bar: Hello,here is my problem.Problem:I am experiencing an issue when right clicking on the Windows Explorer icon in the Task Bar. When I administrator try this out myself, all works well. But when a non administrative user does that, then it doesn't work. Nothing shows up and it...
  6. I can no longer left click the volume icon

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I can no longer left click the volume icon: Today I turned on my pc and I noticed that left clicking on the volume icon does nothing, I restarted the pc, the windows audio service and still nothing. Does anyone have a solution? submitted by /u/snark567 [link] [comments]...
  7. Solved: Win10 Task Bar Icons Not Opening Apps when With Left Mouse Click

Solved: Win10 Task Bar Icons Not Opening Apps when With Left Mouse Click: WINDOWS 10 FIX FOR TASK BAR ISSUES LIKE LEFT MOUSE CLICK ON TASK BAR ICON WON’T OPEN POP-UP MENU ON WINDOWS-BASED ICONS Tried everything; I even reached out to the MS Team on chat, who suggested everything I'd already tried. I had no corrupt files, SCANNOW did not identify...
  8. Left-Click and right-click not work after right-click on File Explorer (in task bar)

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Left-Click and right-click not work after right-click on File Explorer (in task bar): when I right-click on file explorer to try to open frequent or pinned folder, left-click or right-click on folder name are resulting in nothing happen but I can still pin or unpin folder normally....
  9. how to move icons on the task bar from the left to right

how to move icons on the task bar from the left to right: does any one know how to move icons on the task bar from the left to right. When I drag it from the left to right it is like have wall on the right and the icon goes right back to the left will not even stay any where to the right. Can anyone help me?? thank you for your...
  10. Left Mouse Click Options

in Windows 10 Support
    Left Mouse Click Options: How do I delete "wrong" left click options in the drop down menu 26090