Windows 10: Task bar is covering bottom of Chrome window

Discus and support Task bar is covering bottom of Chrome window in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Windows Task Bar in Windows 10 is covering the bottom of Chrome browser windows, how to fix, or time to get a Mac? It doesn't do it in Edge, but I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by DooBee1312, Aug 7, 2020.

1. Task bar is covering bottom of Chrome window

Windows Task Bar in Windows 10 is covering the bottom of Chrome browser windows, how to fix, or time to get a Mac? It doesn't do it in Edge, but I won't be using an inferior browser purely due to Windows inferiority.

Task bar is covering bottom of Chrome window 79d259de-959f-418a-86b1-d776f8b8d31c?upload=true.png

Task bar is covering bottom of Chrome window 36df357e-9824-4f91-9403-8e26e5c90dab?upload=true.png

:)

DooBee1312, Aug 7, 2020

2. Task bar covers bottom of window

Until recently my desk top and windows never went behind the taskbar, now when a window is maximized, the bottom scroll bar is behind the task bar. How can I limit the desk top to real estate NOT covered by the task bar?

WilliamHazel, Aug 7, 2020
  3. 2yellow Win User
    bottom task bar doesn't work on Chrome

I have win. 10. Suddenly my disappearing bottom task bar doesn't reappear when I hover the pointer over it. It works on all other programs. I take the pointer down there are nothing happens. I can mini. the chrome page, going to anything else and then it
    works fine. Then I have to go back and enlarge the chrome page.

Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / Family

2yellow, Aug 7, 2020
  4. Mala_S Win User

Task bar is covering bottom of Chrome window

Task bar covers bottom of window

Hello WilliamHazel,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forum.

The issue you are facing could be due to Windows updates that has changed the settings. Let’s try simple troubleshooting steps and check if this helps in resolving the issue. Follow the below methods.

Method 1: End the task from Task manager.

• Right click on the Start menu and click on
      Task manager.
    • Go to Processes
    • End/kill explorer.exe/Windows Explorer.
    • Go to applications > New task.
    • Enter explorer.exe > Click on OK.

Method 2: Check if the Auto hide is disabled.

Lock the taskbar and right click on the Taskbar to select
    Properties. Uncheck the box Auto-hide the taskbar (If the box is checked) to disable it. Then check with the display resolution, change it to a lower resolution and then reset back to the highest resolution to check if windows
    would no longer appear behind the taskbar.

Hope it helps.

Mala S

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Mala_S, Aug 7, 2020
Thema:

Task bar is covering bottom of Chrome window

1. Task bar is covering bottom of Chrome window - Similar Threads - Task bar covering

2. Black bar covering bottom of screen/taskbar.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Black bar covering bottom of screen/taskbar.: My screen has been like this for a while, but i didn't think much of it since it started out small and it didn't bother me because it was only blocking a very small portion of the bottom of the screen, I was able to click the start button and search and use my taskbar fine...
  3. Black bar covering bottom of screen/taskbar.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Black bar covering bottom of screen/taskbar.: My screen has been like this for a while, but i didn't think much of it since it started out small and it didn't bother me because it was only blocking a very small portion of the bottom of the screen, I was able to click the start button and search and use my taskbar fine...
  4. White Bar Covering Bottom of Folder Icons

in Windows 10 Gaming
    White Bar Covering Bottom of Folder Icons: Hi,My computer just rebooted from a bugcheck today and when I logged back in, I noticed some white bars covering the bottom of some of my folder icons. I tired restarting my computer, restarting the Desktop Window Manager, changing my resolution settings, and changing...
  5. White Bar Covering Bottom of Folder Icons

White Bar Covering Bottom of Folder Icons: Hi,My computer just rebooted from a bugcheck today and when I logged back in, I noticed some white bars covering the bottom of some of my folder icons. I tired restarting my computer, restarting the Desktop Window Manager, changing my resolution settings, and changing...
  6. Task bar covers bottom of window

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Task bar covers bottom of window: Hello. Whenever I use my computer the taskbar covers the bottom of the window. This occurs with every window I open and restarting windowsExplorer fixes the issue but only temporarily and the issue happens again. This is extremely frustrating. Auto hide is turned off on the...
  7. Task bar covers bottom of window

Task bar covers bottom of window: Hello. Whenever I use my computer the taskbar covers the bottom of the window. This occurs with every window I open and restarting windowsExplorer fixes the issue but only temporarily and the issue happens again. This is extremely frustrating. Auto hide is turned off on the...
  8. bottom task bar..

in Windows 10 Customization
    bottom task bar..: windows 10 another problem... I've had so many glitches since windows 10 driving me mad..little annoying things pointer kept disappearing half way thru a project , then calculator , the foto app lost all my pics. .various niggly problems . today the bottom task bar wont...
  9. Task bar covers bottom of window

Task bar covers bottom of window: Until recently my desk top and windows never went behind the taskbar, now when a window is maximized, the bottom scroll bar is behind the task bar. How can I limit the desk top to real estate NOT covered by the task bar?...
  10. bottom task bar

bottom task bar: When I go full screen the bottom task bar has always gone as well. This morning it stays there and I can't right click it to clear, as when I put the cursor in It becomes the vertical arrow sign, (as in widen etc.)How can I rectify this if I cant click it....