Windows 10: Task bar is taking up a fourth of my screen. How do I change it back

Discus and support Task bar is taking up a fourth of my screen. How do I change it back in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; My task bar is a fourth of the screen. How do I change it back to the normal size. Its normal on the side but not the bottom of the screen... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by MaryanneLigmanowski, Aug 8, 2019.

1. Task bar is taking up a fourth of my screen. How do I change it back

My task bar is a fourth of the screen. How do I change it back to the normal size. Its normal on the side but not the bottom of the screen

:)

MaryanneLigmanowski, Aug 8, 2019

2. Cannot modify Task Bar settings

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will be happy to assist you.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if the issue persists.

• Right click on the Task Bar.
    • Uncheck the option " Lock the Taskbar."

Hope this helps.

Arvind Ram, Aug 8, 2019
  3. task bar not responding

Hi,

There are several possible reasons why the task bar is not working as expected. One of them may be caused by a corrupted user profile. In your case, we'd like to ask for additional information to help us determine the appropriate steps to solve the issue.
    Please answer the following:

• Have you made any recent changes or installed updates before the task bar stopped responding?
    • Was the task bar working after you have created the user profile?
    • Have you checked if the issue also exists with the other user profiles?
    • What build and version of Windows 10 are you using?
    For initial troubleshooting, you can follow the steps in this article:
    Troubleshoot problems opening the Start menu or Cortana

We hope to hear from you soon.

Jennifer Cha, Aug 8, 2019
  4. AnaCamps Win User

Task bar is taking up a fourth of my screen. How do I change it back

Task bar

Hi SidneySherwood ,

My name is Ana. I am an Independent Advisor. Thanks for contacting our support.

Access the administration of the task bar

Right click on the task bar and select task bar Settings

Already within the configuration: in the option of task location on Screen you can see a list:

Bottom, Right, Top, Left

Most likely, it is in the "top" option.

Change it to Bottom and you can have it again at the bottom of your screen

Let me know if it helped you.

Regards

Task bar is taking up a fourth of my screen.  How do I change it back ac29c4f4-0b27-463a-80b1-8b74db31e493?upload=true.jpg

AnaCamps, Aug 8, 2019
Thema:

Task bar is taking up a fourth of my screen. How do I change it back

1. Task bar is taking up a fourth of my screen. How do I change it back - Similar Threads - Task bar taking

2. How to get my task bar back?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to get my task bar back?: Hello, My task bar sometimes randomly disappears every week or two and it's starting to get annoying.And it's not just it going invisible, It's actually gone.windows explorer works, but I cannot add screenshots as Win + Shift + S doesn't work....
  3. How to get my task bar back?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to get my task bar back?: Hello, My task bar sometimes randomly disappears every week or two and it's starting to get annoying.And it's not just it going invisible, It's actually gone.windows explorer works, but I cannot add screenshots as Win + Shift + S doesn't work....
  4. how do i get my task bar back? It just dissapeared.

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    how do i get my task bar back? It just dissapeared.: how do i get my task bar back? It just dissapeared. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-get-my-task-bar-back-it-just-dissapeared/9082a2bd-89c6-45b4-b240-84315e194ce3
  5. how do i get my task bar back? It just dissapeared.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how do i get my task bar back? It just dissapeared.: how do i get my task bar back? It just dissapeared. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-get-my-task-bar-back-it-just-dissapeared/9082a2bd-89c6-45b4-b240-84315e194ce3
  6. how do i get my task bar back? It just dissapeared.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. How do I change the height of the task bar?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I change the height of the task bar?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/DarkGladir [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/mp5w6c/how_do_i_change_the_height_of_the_task_bar/
  8. why is my task bar larger than normal? how do i change it back?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    why is my task bar larger than normal? how do i change it back?: [IMG] submitted by /u/DA_DOOM_SLAYER [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/m1yy6k/why_is_my_task_bar_larger_than_normal_how_do_i/
  9. How do i change the colour of the clock on the task bar.

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do i change the colour of the clock on the task bar.: It just annoys me when i look at it.[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-change-the-colour-of-the-clock-on-the/d0c08099-ed59-406c-a674-e657ece5897d
  10. How do I get microsoft word back on my task bar.?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I get microsoft word back on my task bar.?: How do I get microsoft word back on my task bar.? I can't even find it in my system on the start button or control panel. Is it called something else.? I thought it should come under office, but how do I get that.? I don't like windows 10..too hard to find anything and...