Windows 10: Task bar issue

Discus and support Task bar issue in Cortana to solve the problem; My task bar will not allow me to search. At times i cannot type in my search or if it lets me it will let me type 2 letters before going black. Other... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by SusanGilchrist, Sep 26, 2020.

1. Task bar issue

My task bar will not allow me to search. At times i cannot type in my search or if it lets me it will let me type 2 letters before going black. Other times it appears to be wanting to start up a circle with a partial blue illumination on it. It is frustrating as i have tried trouble shooting and every time it comes back as fixed when it has not.

:)

SusanGilchrist, Sep 26, 2020

2. Cannot modify Task Bar settings

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will be happy to assist you.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if the issue persists.

• Right click on the Task Bar.
    • Uncheck the option " Lock the Taskbar."

Hope this helps.

Arvind Ram, Sep 26, 2020
  3. Task bar

Hi Joe,

Thanks for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

To assist you better, please provide few details.

• Which 2nd Windows you are referring to?

• Are you unable to view the task bar on your system?
    I suggest you, please provide the detailed description of your issue.

Reply to us we will be happy to assist you.

Santosh_Rai, Sep 26, 2020
  4. Task bar issue

task bar not responding

Hi,

There are several possible reasons why the task bar is not working as expected. One of them may be caused by a corrupted user profile. In your case, we'd like to ask for additional information to help us determine the appropriate steps to solve the issue.
    Please answer the following:

• Have you made any recent changes or installed updates before the task bar stopped responding?
    • Was the task bar working after you have created the user profile?
    • Have you checked if the issue also exists with the other user profiles?
    • What build and version of Windows 10 are you using?
    For initial troubleshooting, you can follow the steps in this article:
    Troubleshoot problems opening the Start menu or Cortana

We hope to hear from you soon.

Jennifer Cha, Sep 26, 2020
Thema:

Task bar issue

1. Task bar issue - Similar Threads - Task bar issue

2. Issue with the task bar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Issue with the task bar: After the recent update I started having issues with my task bar, the start button icons are not opening right clicking the app won't work as well. I check the updates and I'm up to date. This happened before and fixed on it's owits own but now I need to have this fixed right...
  3. Issue with the task bar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Issue with the task bar: After the recent update I started having issues with my task bar, the start button icons are not opening right clicking the app won't work as well. I check the updates and I'm up to date. This happened before and fixed on it's owits own but now I need to have this fixed right...
  4. Issue with the task bar

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Task Bar issues + ethernet

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Task Bar issues + ethernet: Microsoft, What have you done that is disrupting so much the Task bar?Even your own tools disappear as I have to repin every second week the Snapshot Scissors.That is besides losing the view of some Microsoft Edge internet icons that I have pinned on the taskbar. Edge is a...
  6. Task bar issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Task bar issue: Even when my system is up to date I am still having issues with the taskbar not responding each time I bring my mouse curser to the bottom of the screen. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/task-bar-issue/408da613-756b-4f1d-8e7f-1ed553495635
  7. Task bar issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Task bar issue: Even when my system is up to date I am still having issues with the taskbar not responding each time I bring my mouse curser to the bottom of the screen. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/task-bar-issue/408da613-756b-4f1d-8e7f-1ed553495635
  8. TASK BAR ISSUE

in Windows 10 Customization
    TASK BAR ISSUE: IN TASK BAR WHEN POWER ICON IS ON THEN TOO ITS NOT VISIBLE https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/task-bar-issue/4f8e3552-d8c9-47d9-9265-af7c0b7fbc6c
  9. Task Bar Issues

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Task Bar Issues: Its hard to explain the issue I am having, but essentially the task bar is twice its normal height. The icons on it that represent applications I have open reside near the top, leaving blank space at the bottom. I have tried to restart the computer, play with taskbar...
  10. Hiding task bar issue

in Windows 10 Customization
    Hiding task bar issue: After installing the latest Windows 10 Revision to my PC last week, I've started having problems with hiding the task bar at the bottom of my screen. It's always active and blocks that part of the screen from view. I have "Automatic Hide" set in the [Task Bar Settings] and it...