Windows 10: Task bar malfunction, Windows 10

Discus and support Task bar malfunction, Windows 10 in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I'm running Windows 10 and the taskbar has started misbehaving. In particular, the Start button has become unresponsive all the time and the File... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Brahma56, May 18, 2018.

1. Brahma56 Win User

Task bar malfunction, Windows 10

I'm running Windows 10 and the taskbar has started misbehaving. In particular, the Start button has become unresponsive all the time and the File Explorer icon intermittently so. Any ideas?

:)

Brahma56, May 18, 2018

2. Why is my task bar always malfunction!?

My task bar and search engine was malfunction second times already!

The first time I got my friend to help settle down, things gone well until this morning!

The start button and search engine can not use, I cant even right click the icons on task bar!!!!

A NicknameYou Can't Read, May 20, 2018
  3. pfd0911 Win User
    Windows 10 Broken Task Bar

I am seeing the following malfunctions associated with Windows 10 task bar and launching of functions from the task bar. These only occur in only one of four user profiles on the computer; everything seems to work ok in the other three user profiles.

- L click START icon results in a flicker of the 'hourglass', then nothing (R click START icon brings up the expected list of items)

- L click SEARCH icon results in a flicker of the 'hourglass'

- L click NEW NOTIFICATIONS results in a flicker of the 'hourglass'

- R click NEW NOTIFICATIONS brings up menu, but selecting Open Action Center has no result

- R click application shortcut (eg. excel) should display recently opened files, but has no result (L click application shortcut launches application as expected)

Launching EDGE from the task bar opens the EDGE window momentarily, but it closes immediately.

The WINDOWS key should also launch the START menu, but has no effect (only in the malfunctioning user profile)

My questions are - are others seeing similar problems w/ Windows 10, and any status on solutions from MS.

Also, looking for suggestions on how to easily duplicate the broken user profile, and thoughts on whether that could cure these issues.

pfd0911, May 20, 2018
Thema:

Task bar malfunction, Windows 10

1. Task bar malfunction, Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Task bar malfunction

2. Some Task Bar Icons Malfunctioning

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Some Task Bar Icons Malfunctioning: A few of the icons for programs I have pinned to my task bar, appear as a yellow square, one of them a black square. Some of the icons appear normal. I have restarted my computer, restarted windows explorer in task manager. Not sure why I am experiencing this effect....
  3. Some Task Bar Icons Malfunctioning

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Some Task Bar Icons Malfunctioning: A few of the icons for programs I have pinned to my task bar, appear as a yellow square, one of them a black square. Some of the icons appear normal. I have restarted my computer, restarted windows explorer in task manager. Not sure why I am experiencing this effect....
  4. Some Task Bar Icons Malfunctioning

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Search bar color malfunction

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Search bar color malfunction: After the latest windows 10 2004 version, this happened to the search bar. Most of it turns white. When I hover over it or click it, it turns back to normal, however, it turns back to this bug.PS: I am in dark mode....
  6. Windows 10 Task bar

Windows 10 Task bar: Task bar only pops up on desktop screen. Shouldn't it pop up on all screens? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-task-bar/b896c3d3-cd06-44df-9436-46bf305d1894
  7. Windows 10 Task bar loading

Windows 10 Task bar loading: as normal I log into my pc but the pinned items on my task par is gone and the shortcuts on my desktop screen. when I hold over the task bar it is the fully blue loading circkle and I can see my courser normal if I have it over my background. no short commands works like...
  8. Task Manager 'Details' Malfunctioning

Task Manager 'Details' Malfunctioning: I got my windows updated with the Insider Preview. The version now is the newest: 20251.1with FE. The task manager malfunctions as: Once I open the task manager and click 'Details', the task manager stops for a short whilewith no display and then crashes. In fact it also acts...
  9. windows 10 task bar

windows 10 task bar: Hello there , my problem today is after last update- i am unable to use my laptop which is a dell inspiron 5565 I installed the feature update and its caused my laptop to crash my taskbar Due to this i cant even roll back to a earlier date or uninstall said update as i...
  10. Windows 10 task bar is unresponsive

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 task bar is unresponsive: One of our other computers has a Windows 10 problem. When I hover over the task bar it does not respond. I cannot even open settings at this point. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-task-bar-is-unresponsive/01a8be50-2974-429d-8365-18f49cc1d96e