Windows 10: Task bar no longer shows on multiple monitors

Discus and support Task bar no longer shows on multiple monitors in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; After the update to build 19042.867 the task bar no longer shows on my 2nd monitor, even though it is set to be my primary monitor. I have show Task... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by dsm12816, Apr 2, 2021.

1. dsm12816 Win User

Task bar no longer shows on multiple monitors

After the update to build 19042.867 the task bar no longer shows on my 2nd monitor, even though it is set to be my primary monitor. I have show Task bar on all monitors switched on. If I switch it off my task bar doesn't appear anywhere! I have autohide taskbar set on. This always worked until the recent update.

Is there any other setting I can try to fix this?

:)

dsm12816, Apr 2, 2021
  2. tmsea369 Win User

Task bar will not show while using dual monitor, Win 10.

Hello!

Yesterday i set up a dual monitor display on my windows 10 pc. Initially everything was working fine. However, today when i got on my computer the task bar will not unhide on the primary screen. It seems like it is only when i have a window in full screen,
    as it will unhide while not in full screen. However, on the secondary screen the task bar will show/unhide in both - full screen and not full screen.

I have tried the steps provided in this thread resembling the same issues, but these have not fixed the issue.

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...in-win10/9814f471-256c-4f71-9f5a-cbdc0f83cffa

I went into the settings and turned the lock task bar setting to on and it for some reason fixed it. However, the issue then began again a couple minutes later and it will not fix it this time.

Please help? There is not much information about this issue posted that i was able to find, and it is quite an annoying bug to be stuck with... Thanks!

tmsea369, Apr 2, 2021
  3. Cannot modify Task Bar settings

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will be happy to assist you.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if the issue persists.

• Right click on the Task Bar.
    • Uncheck the option " Lock the Taskbar."

Hope this helps.

Arvind Ram, Apr 2, 2021
  4. Anna Hahn Win User

Throttlestop obsidian not showing readouts in task bar

Hello

I had the previous version of throttlestop installed on a surface pro running windows 10 and it was working beautifully but now I am having trouble getting throttlestop to show temp/cpu reporting in the windows task bar. I have 'Task Bar' checked in the main window but still nothing appears. The check boxes within Options for Notification Area such as CPU Temp and CPU Mhz do not respond when clicked. Am i missing something/is there something else I need to do in order to get throttlestop obsidian to report to the task bar?

Thanks so much!

Anna Hahn, Apr 2, 2021
Thema:

1. Task bar no longer shows on multiple monitors - Similar Threads - Task bar longer

2. Task bar icons Multiple displays

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Task bar icons Multiple displays: Hello can we get an option to have task bars show on more than 1 monitor, when im gaming or watching a full screen video i cant access my task bar and task tray icons on the bottom right....
  3. Task bar icons Multiple displays

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Task bar icons Multiple displays: Hello can we get an option to have task bars show on more than 1 monitor, when im gaming or watching a full screen video i cant access my task bar and task tray icons on the bottom right....
  4. Task bar not showing

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Task bar not showing: I got the "automatically hide tak bar" option on and it's supposed to keep the task bar hidden unless I hover over it with the mouse, but instead if I have any window in full screen the task bar won't show at all unless I switch to the desktop and hover over it or press the...
  5. Task bar use on multiple displays

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Task bar use on multiple displays: I have three monitors and the task bar is on all three. If I click on the programme/app icon in the task bar on a specific monitor, is there a way that that programme/app can open on that specific monitor and not the main one? I use two monitors for photo editing and the...
  6. Task bar use on multiple displays

Task bar use on multiple displays: I have three monitors and the task bar is on all three. If I click on the programme/app icon in the task bar on a specific monitor, is there a way that that programme/app can open on that specific monitor and not the main one? I use two monitors for photo editing and the...
  7. Task bar only occasionally shows on second monitor

Task bar only occasionally shows on second monitor: Like Win 10, I set up my task bar to automatically hide on Win 11. Selecting the task bar with the mouse to wake up works fine on my main screen but 70% of the time refuses to work on my second monitor which is a pain when the first screen is busy with a full frame game. Any...
  8. Task bar only occasionally shows on second monitor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Task bar only occasionally shows on second monitor: Like Win 10, I set up my task bar to automatically hide on Win 11. Selecting the task bar with the mouse to wake up works fine on my main screen but 70% of the time refuses to work on my second monitor which is a pain when the first screen is busy with a full frame game. Any...
  9. Task bar shows multiple windows of one app running

in Windows 10 Customization
    Task bar shows multiple windows of one app running: Hello Today I noticed that taskbar shows this grey line left side of screenshot. It happens on every open app. I only have one Task Manager open. Do anyone know how to get rid of it? [ATTACH]...
  10. Multiple Problems with Task Bar in Windows10

in Windows 10 Support
    Multiple Problems with Task Bar in Windows10: I had a smooth transition upgrading from Windows 7 to Windows 10. That was however short lived. After updating my browser, I did a system restart. Things went to hell after that. All of a sudden, left clicking the Windows icon, Cortana icon or the Notification icon did...