Windows 10: Task bar not opening .. constant "password is incorrect"

Discus and support Task bar not opening .. constant "password is incorrect" in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; For a week or so my PC ..after opening.. would be slow with showing the task bar. I would turn off & on ..sometimes as many as 4 times.. & then it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by GPSM, Sep 2, 2019.

1. GPSM Win User

Task bar not opening .. constant "password is incorrect"

For a week or so my PC ..after opening.. would be slow with showing the task bar.

I would turn off & on ..sometimes as many as 4 times.. & then it opened & I could get to work.

But today ..no matter how many times i shut down the PC & restarted.. the task bar simply was not going to appear on screen!?

Sooooo to YT & followed instructions on opening in "safe mode" .. this was going well until it got to the point of asking for my password.

No matter how many times I entered it .. it said that it was incorrect!

I have tried every password I've used & still .. "password is incorrect"

And this includes the new password of april of this year.

I am not computer savvy .. a disabled man who knows where the on / off switch is at & how to work when the pc allows me to!

Is there a simply way to fix this .. please?

:)

GPSM, Sep 2, 2019

2. Cannot modify Task Bar settings

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will be happy to assist you.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if the issue persists.

• Right click on the Task Bar.
    • Uncheck the option " Lock the Taskbar."

Hope this helps.

Arvind Ram, Sep 2, 2019
  3. task bar not responding

Hi,

There are several possible reasons why the task bar is not working as expected. One of them may be caused by a corrupted user profile. In your case, we'd like to ask for additional information to help us determine the appropriate steps to solve the issue.
    Please answer the following:

• Have you made any recent changes or installed updates before the task bar stopped responding?
    • Was the task bar working after you have created the user profile?
    • Have you checked if the issue also exists with the other user profiles?
    • What build and version of Windows 10 are you using?
    For initial troubleshooting, you can follow the steps in this article:
    Troubleshoot problems opening the Start menu or Cortana

We hope to hear from you soon.

Jennifer Cha, Sep 2, 2019
  4. mrgeek Win User

Password incorrect

How do I get out of safe mode so I can reset my settings?

1. Press Windows + R keys to open Run command.
    2. Type msconfig and press Enter.
    3. In the window, click on Boot tab.
    4. uncheck Safe boot, click on Apply and Ok. Restart
    Not sure why it started in Safe mode. May have been out of sync with your phone from prev incorrect password. See if restart fixes. At least, you know what your universal MS password is. *Wink

mrgeek, Sep 2, 2019
Thema:

1. Task bar not opening .. constant "password is incorrect" - Similar Threads - Task bar opening

2. Can't Open Settings but it shows it is open in task bar and in task manager

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't Open Settings but it shows it is open in task bar and in task manager: I have tried most methods so far.Here are some of the methods I have tried:1. Using these Commands in the command prompt:sfc /scannow DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth then restarting pc2.Reinstalling Windows 11 ISO method3. right clicking the settings icon on the...
  3. Can't Open Settings but it shows it is open in task bar and in task manager

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't Open Settings but it shows it is open in task bar and in task manager: I have tried most methods so far.Here are some of the methods I have tried:1. Using these Commands in the command prompt:sfc /scannow DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth then restarting pc2.Reinstalling Windows 11 ISO method3. right clicking the settings icon on the...
  4. Parameter is incorrect error and nothing on task bar works

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Parameter is incorrect error and nothing on task bar works: Hey I’ve been having trouble with my pc because I can’t open my files or Spotify and when I try I get the error “The parameter is incorrect”. My task bar also just isn’t working I can’t click the windows button or search anything up in the search bar. I really would like some...
  5. Task bar and Start Menu not opening

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Task bar and Start Menu not opening: Hi I have a Windows 10. When I try to type anything in the Search box the screen freezes Until I open Task Manager, and none of the right bottom keys on the taskbar works. When I try to open the start menu- It opens and closes and leaves a black screen where it opened after...
  6. Incorrect size of icons on the bottom task bar

in Windows 10 Customization
    Incorrect size of icons on the bottom task bar: [ATTACH] I found that some software's icon are incorrectly small after opening them. After a while, some of them may become normal again. [ATTACH] How may I fix it?...
  7. Task Bar/File Explorer Hanging constantly

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Task Bar/File Explorer Hanging constantly: I am having a problem when I click on a pinned program on the taskbar, it hangs for a while, then when I click on the pinned program again, it works. I think it is the file explorer behind the scene restarting. This is happening about every 5 to 10 minutes. It makes work...
  8. computer will not open. incorrect password .

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    computer will not open. incorrect password .: computer will not open asks for password but is allways incorrect https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/computer-will-not-open-incorrect-password/efec8b1b-5df2-450e-bd5d-047df791e92c"
  9. open windows to task bar

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    open windows to task bar: something happened when they repaired my phone, now i can't transfer my open window to my task bar for easy return when working with other files. CAN ANYONE HELP ME...
  10. circles on task bar opening programs

in Windows 10 Customization
    circles on task bar opening programs: I have blinking circles on my task bar opening up programs and not allowing me to use my mouse to control anything. This is after Windows 10 update. Help Please!...