Windows 10: Task Bar not responding and Windows not shutting down due to "Task Host Window:...

Discus and support Task Bar not responding and Windows not shutting down due to "Task Host Window:... in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Dear Microsoft community, Yesterday 30/01/2020 I encountered the same problem people have suffered from after the 1709 Update. My Task bar is not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Sellerie112, Jan 31, 2020.

1. Task Bar not responding and Windows not shutting down due to "Task Host Window:...

Dear Microsoft community,

Yesterday 30/01/2020 I encountered the same problem people have suffered from after the 1709 Update. My Task bar is not responding at all and this does not change when restarting the explorer process. Additionally when trying to shut down the computer the process is interupted by Task Host Window telling me that background tasks are being stopped. One of those always includes the following in brackets:

\Microsoft\Windows\Plug and Play\Device Install Reboot Required

If I do wait it out, the computer simply goes back to the login screen and doesn't shut down.

I have tried every suggestion given in other threads including a disk clean up as well as trying to access the settings panel in order to change the automated login settings, which didn't work out since I couldn't access the settings panel, but mostly suffer from the fact that I cannot even open the settings as my computer doesn't respond to either the windows key or the settings menu inside the windows explorer. I can access task manager and via new task the run command, hence I can access cmd.exe and regedit. Neither has helped me so far in solving the problem. I also cannot access the safe mode as the computer simply doesn't respond anymore once I get to the final restart option in Troubleshooting. I can click restart and it does appear to shut down, but then just doesn't show anything while continuing to run. Even pressing F4-F6 for safe mode on the blackscreen doesn't help, thus I can't tell whether or not this problem persists in safe mode.

I am currently on

Windows version - 1903 Build 18362.592

64-bit version

Thank you for your help.

:)

Sellerie112, Jan 31, 2020
  2. Anna Hahn Win User

Throttlestop obsidian not showing readouts in task bar

Hello

I had the previous version of throttlestop installed on a surface pro running windows 10 and it was working beautifully but now I am having trouble getting throttlestop to show temp/cpu reporting in the windows task bar. I have 'Task Bar' checked in the main window but still nothing appears. The check boxes within Options for Notification Area such as CPU Temp and CPU Mhz do not respond when clicked. Am i missing something/is there something else I need to do in order to get throttlestop obsidian to report to the task bar?

Thanks so much!

Anna Hahn, Jan 31, 2020
  3. Windows 10 Defender - How to make it default to task bar?

Using Windows 10 and currently I am using Defender for anti virus. For whatever reason Windows Defender does not show up in the task bar unless I search for the program or right click and scan a file/folder. Is there a way to force Defender to show up in the task bar at start up?

Flogger23m, Jan 31, 2020
  4. Task Bar not responding and Windows not shutting down due to "Task Host Window:...

Andre Da Costa, Jan 31, 2020
Thema:

Task Bar not responding and Windows not shutting down due to "Task Host Window:...

1. Task Bar not responding and Windows not shutting down due to "Task Host Window:... - Similar Threads - Task Bar responding

2. Task Host Window is Stopping Background Tasks, can't shut down or restart

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Task Host Window is Stopping Background Tasks, can't shut down or restart: This message shows up whenever I try to shut down or restart, every troubleshooter seems to tell me that there's a pending update that needs me to restart, I can't restart because it tells me the Task Host Window is preventing my computer from shutting down. I ran the sfc and...
  3. Task Host Window is Stopping Background Tasks, can't shut down or restart

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Task Host Window is Stopping Background Tasks, can't shut down or restart: This message shows up whenever I try to shut down or restart, every troubleshooter seems to tell me that there's a pending update that needs me to restart, I can't restart because it tells me the Task Host Window is preventing my computer from shutting down. I ran the sfc and...
  4. Task Host Window is Stopping Background Tasks, can't shut down or restart

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. task bar not responding

in Windows 10 Customization
    task bar not responding: I click on the apps in the task bar and nothing happens at all. I tried to remove all the apps and pin it again and it is still the same. No changes made to the PC. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/task-bar-not-responding/57e926ae-5fe3-4995-8104-9644e4fcfcfb
  6. task bar not responding

in Windows 10 Gaming
    task bar not responding: I click on the apps in the task bar and nothing happens at all. I tried to remove all the apps and pin it again and it is still the same. No changes made to the PC. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/task-bar-not-responding/57e926ae-5fe3-4995-8104-9644e4fcfcfb
  7. task bar not responding

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Task Host appears one shutting down

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Task Host appears one shutting down: I have a new (a few months) Lenovo laptop with Windows 10. When I try to shut down, I get a screen stating "Task Host" is operating and asking me to close programs or gives me the option to force shutdown. This is confusing. The Computer works fine. I cannot imagine I need to...
  9. Windows Task Bar Not Responding

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows Task Bar Not Responding: About a week ago, I went to go click my windows button at the bottom left corner of my screen and it just froze and I shut my computer off and turned it back on and now the whole taskbar is broken. I've already tried the whole task prompt thingy and the "resetting windows...
  10. Task host is stopping Windows shutting down

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Task host is stopping Windows shutting down: Hi all Got a message like "Task host is stopping Windows shutting down" on a recent shutdown. Anyone tell me what "Task host" is and whether its staying open at shutdown means anything I should investigate? Thanks 102672