Windows 10: Task bar not working & no desktop icons

Discus and support Task bar not working & no desktop icons in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; i’ve been gone for the past 6 months, i got on my computer today and turned it on, it loaded up fine, logged in just to find i have no desktop icons,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/AmishCherries, Dec 23, 2020.

1. Task bar not working & no desktop icons

i’ve been gone for the past 6 months, i got on my computer today and turned it on, it loaded up fine, logged in just to find i have no desktop icons, my taskbar just had the loading circle and i can’t load anything, please help.

submitted by /u/AmishCherries
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/AmishCherries, Dec 23, 2020
  2. KomouPoji Win User

Trying to move desktop icon to the task bar. Cannot make it “stick” to the taskbar

Hi,

To assist you further, let me ask.

• When you say “Trying to move desktop icon to the task bar”, you mean pin the excel workbook to the task bar?
    • what exactly when you try to stick the excel file to the taskbar?
    If you are trying to pin the excel workbook to the taskbar.

Follow the steps below.

• Click on the start menu, select the icon and right-click on the icon.

• From the list, select pin it to taskbar or pin it to start.
    Also, you can drag the icon from the desktop and drop on the task bar.

I hope the information is helpful and if the issue still persists, we’ll be glad to assists you.

Thank you.

KomouPoji, Dec 23, 2020
  3. Spinning cursor on task bar for work desktop

Hello TaraKelley,

For us to better assist you, kindly provide the following information:

• Confirm which build is currently installed on your device. To check, follow the steps below:
    • Press Windows key + R, then type in winver.
    • Click OK.
    • Were there any recent changes made prior to this issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you download and run the Start menu troubleshooter on this
    link. This troubleshooter automatically diagnose and repair common problem with Start menu.

We look forward to your response.

Regards.

Melchizedek Qui, Dec 23, 2020
  4. brOtillio Win User

Task bar not working & no desktop icons

Desktop icons and task bar not working

After I completed the Windows 10 upgrade I am unable to use anything on my desktop. My task bar is missing icons, start menu doesn't work, and my desktop icons are unresponsive. Is anyone else having this issue, if so how did you fix it?

brOtillio, Dec 23, 2020
Thema:

Task bar not working & no desktop icons

1. Task bar not working & no desktop icons - Similar Threads - Task bar working

2. volume icon on task bar not working

in Windows 10 Customization
    volume icon on task bar not working: how can I turn the volume icon on the taskbar back on? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/volume-icon-on-task-bar-not-working/1365600e-edbb-4b25-ba0e-467f1926bc14
  3. Task bar icons not working.

Task bar icons not working.: Hello, I recently got my PC, I would say a month ago and since then none of the taskbar icons were able to work. The start/windows icon does work but the rest of my icons on the right could not open except the language icon. It works if I right click on them but now it's been...
  4. System icons on task bar not working

System icons on task bar not working: Hi there, I'm using the latest version of Windows, but nothing showed up when I clicked on the volume, network, power and action center bar icons The input indicator icon is working well. How to make them work? According to this link, here here what I have tried: Reset...
  5. task bar icons are not working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    task bar icons are not working: When I am cliching on task bar Icons they are not showing any response. Please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/task-bar-icons-are-not-working/d59312d0-add4-4b99-ac36-01f7ae2c82b2
  6. Task bar and desktop icons will not stay in place

Task bar and desktop icons will not stay in place: Task bar and desktop icons will not stay when replaced win 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/task-bar-and-desktop-icons-will-not-stay-in-place/2e01feaa-3500-451e-b39b-39c89a9b8965
  7. speaker ICON in task bar not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    speaker ICON in task bar not working: The speaker ICON is not working https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/speaker-icon-in-task-bar-not-working/402a0443-bd61-4cf2-9222-2a89a9dc6aea
  8. Windows icon in task bar not working

Windows icon in task bar not working: I am using Windows 10. Everything was fine last night. I turned my computer off. When I turned it on today, everything normally in my task bar was gone and i cant shut down using the Windows icon at the bottom left of my screen. Also cannot access programs....
  9. Icons on task bar not working

Icons on task bar not working: icons on my task bar at the bottom of the screen have suddenly stopped working. my main left hand icon, Microsoft edge icon, search icon etc, Help pleas...
  10. icons on the right of the task bar not working

in Windows 10 Support
    icons on the right of the task bar not working: hi, i have run into a small issue were the icons on the taskbar such as, wifi, battery, sound, and action center will not do anything when clicked, when i click the time it wont open the calendar, if i right click sound and battery i can open it that way but when i right...