Windows 10: Task bar not working.

Discus and support Task bar not working. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I’m having issues with windows taskbar on the lenovo legion y530. I can’t open applications or the start menu. Some applications come up as class not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by ThomasGZ, Dec 7, 2018.

1. ThomasGZ Win User

Task bar not working.

I’m having issues with windows taskbar on the lenovo legion y530. I can’t open applications or the start menu. Some applications come up as class not registered.

:)

ThomasGZ, Dec 7, 2018

2. Cannot modify Task Bar settings

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will be happy to assist you.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if the issue persists.

• Right click on the Task Bar.
    • Uncheck the option " Lock the Taskbar."

Hope this helps.

Arvind Ram, Dec 7, 2018
  3. Spinning cursor on task bar for work desktop

Hello TaraKelley,

For us to better assist you, kindly provide the following information:

• Confirm which build is currently installed on your device. To check, follow the steps below:
    • Press Windows key + R, then type in winver.
    • Click OK.
    • Were there any recent changes made prior to this issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you download and run the Start menu troubleshooter on this
    link. This troubleshooter automatically diagnose and repair common problem with Start menu.

We look forward to your response.

Regards.

Melchizedek Qui, Dec 7, 2018
  4. Task bar not working.

search does not work in task bar. DOES work in File Explorer

Task bar search does not work and I have tried all of the recommended steps. Had to recently reinstall Windows 10 64b (preserved personal data) and the search has not worked since.

Suggestions? Recommendations?

Thx

John Vacheresse, Dec 7, 2018
Thema:

Task bar not working.

1. Task bar not working. - Similar Threads - Task bar working

2. task bar not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    task bar not working: Windows 11 operating system is in use yet the task bar shows everything in a cluttered manner Default functions start, search, task view and file explorer are not working task bar not working...
  3. task bar not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    task bar not working: Windows 11 operating system is in use yet the task bar shows everything in a cluttered manner Default functions start, search, task view and file explorer are not working task bar not working...
  4. Task bar not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Task bar not working: Hi. New today Acer computer with windows 11 and 365 familyProblem is certain icons on the task bar have stopped working, search icon and start icon doesn’t open to show icons widgets also if I right click the start icon settings and power settings plus others do not open....
  5. Task bar not working

Task bar not working: Hi. New today Acer computer with windows 11 and 365 familyProblem is certain icons on the task bar have stopped working, search icon and start icon doesn’t open to show icons widgets also if I right click the start icon settings and power settings plus others do not open....
  6. Task bar search is not working

Task bar search is not working: In Windows 10 taskbar, the search option is not working, in fact, I am unable to type. I have tried many options to repair it but nothing worked. Please help....
  7. Task Bar not working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Task Bar not working: Hi, I bought a new laptop. Task bar was working for few days. Suddenly one day it stopped responding. Means, that i cannot able click the windows symbol, i cannot type anything in search box, cannot click on any opened app icon in taskbar, notification or even the...
  8. Task Bar not working

in Cortana
    Task Bar not working: Hi, I am having an issue with task bar, start menu and search option. Start menu, search options and few icon of task bar e.g. wifi, notifications, date and time etc are not working. Please help me out. Thanks in advance. With regards, Sourav...
  9. Task bar not working

Task bar not working: Hello. I have Windows 10 on my PC. But the icons present on the taskbar are not working at all. I have tried sfc/scannow. But could not found the proper solution. I have tried DISM. But this is what I'm getting. Plz try to solve my issue. [IMG]...
  10. Task bar Not working

Task bar Not working: after most recent update my Task bar is not responding and Windows Push notification service is using most of my CPU https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/task-bar-not-working/29c5d27f-7b30-4adc-8374-6678cdcc425a