Windows 10: Task bar Not working

Discus and support Task bar Not working in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; after most recent update my Task bar is not responding and Windows Push notification service is using most of my CPU... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by KPH101, Aug 31, 2019.

1. KPH101 Win User

Task bar Not working

after most recent update my Task bar is not responding and Windows Push notification service is using most of my CPU

:)

KPH101, Aug 31, 2019

2. Cannot modify Task Bar settings

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will be happy to assist you.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if the issue persists.

• Right click on the Task Bar.
    • Uncheck the option " Lock the Taskbar."

Hope this helps.

Arvind Ram, Aug 31, 2019
  3. Spinning cursor on task bar for work desktop

Hello TaraKelley,

For us to better assist you, kindly provide the following information:

• Confirm which build is currently installed on your device. To check, follow the steps below:
    • Press Windows key + R, then type in winver.
    • Click OK.
    • Were there any recent changes made prior to this issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you download and run the Start menu troubleshooter on this
    link. This troubleshooter automatically diagnose and repair common problem with Start menu.

We look forward to your response.

Regards.

Melchizedek Qui, Aug 31, 2019
  4. Task bar Not working

search does not work in task bar. DOES work in File Explorer

Task bar search does not work and I have tried all of the recommended steps. Had to recently reinstall Windows 10 64b (preserved personal data) and the search has not worked since.

Suggestions? Recommendations?

Thx

John Vacheresse, Aug 31, 2019
Thema:

Task bar Not working

1. Task bar Not working - Similar Threads - Task bar working

2. Windows task bar not working

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows task bar not working: Windows task bar not working https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-task-bar-not-working/53037cb0-b222-46cd-87f4-2ed36fb682e2
  3. Task bar not working.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Task bar not working.: I’m having issues with windows taskbar on the lenovo legion y530. I can’t open applications or the start menu. Some applications come up as class not registered. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/task-bar-not-working/d4d3815a-efa0-430f-b003-ab35db743231
  4. Task Bar

Task Bar: Does anyone know how to get the task bar to hide when I don't have my cursor on it. I'm pretty sure it used to do that and you could just hover your cursor over the bottom of the screen if you needed it. It's really annoying to not be able to see the bottom of the screen....
  5. Task bar and Settings doesn't work

Task bar and Settings doesn't work: I recently upgraded my Windows from 7 to 10, but now the start button, cortana and other task bar options doesn't open on clicking (i.e. nothing happens when I click it). Also, if I try to open system settings it also doesn't start. Even when I try to use the windows button...
  6. Task Bar

Task Bar: I cannot get my task bar to close when in full screen mode. I have tried going to task manager and resetting windows explorer; I have also unlocked the task bar, tried to drag it down, and re-lock it. Neither has worked for me. Any suggestions?...
  7. Icons on task bar not working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Icons on task bar not working: icons on my task bar at the bottom of the screen have suddenly stopped working. my main left hand icon, Microsoft edge icon, search icon etc, Help pleas...
  8. task bar win 10 not working

task bar win 10 not working: windows 10 task bar ... need to make it larger tried to right click and still will not get larger task bar is not locked any ideas? Mike...
  9. Start button + task bar not working

in Windows 10 Support
    Start button + task bar not working: Hi, Got my Win 10 at the lauch day and have been enjoying it until I decided to do some clean up. I ran Ccleaner and Puran utilities reg cleaning tools. After that the start button and task bar became unresponsive. I tried to google the issue and found out a sort of a...
  10. icons on the right of the task bar not working

in Windows 10 Support
    icons on the right of the task bar not working: hi, i have run into a small issue were the icons on the taskbar such as, wifi, battery, sound, and action center will not do anything when clicked, when i click the time it wont open the calendar, if i right click sound and battery i can open it that way but when i right...