Windows 10: Task bar now working correctly / sfc scan indicates corrupt files

Discus and support Task bar now working correctly / sfc scan indicates corrupt files in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I just installed a WFH program onto my computer and now am having trouble with the task bar. Can-t type in search bar, windows button won't pop up... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by LuisDeLaFuente2, Oct 20, 2021.

1. Task bar now working correctly / sfc scan indicates corrupt files

I just installed a WFH program onto my computer and now am having trouble with the task bar. Can-t type in search bar, windows button won't pop up menu, and wifi networks do not come up either.Ran a sfc scan and it indicates that there are some corrupt files. I got the .log info put can't make sense of the information provided on there. Not sure in the program I installed did something or if this was a dormant issue that just got exacerbated by the installation.How can I resolve this issue with an entire reinstallation of Windows?

:)

LuisDeLaFuente2, Oct 20, 2021

2. Windows 10 start button and search on task bar not working

Hi Kelly,

Welcome to Microsoft community and thank you for posting. We appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

We apologize for the inconvenience as you are unable to access Start button and Task bar, we will help you to resolve this issue.

This issue might occur, when some of the system files got corrupted.

I would suggest you to try perform System File Checker (sfc) scan and check if it helps.

System File Checker is a utility in Windows that allows users to scan for corruptions in Windows system files and restore corrupted files.

Follow the below steps:

• Right click on the Start button, click on
      Command Prompt (Admin).

• Type “sfc /scannow” without the quotes and hit
      Enter.

• Now check for the issue.

Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Deepika Gowda, Oct 20, 2021
  3. File Explorer Task Bar icon not working Windows 10

Hi, Monika.

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern, and we in Community will try to help you in the best possible way we can.

I would suggest that you perform the steps below and check if the issue persist.

Method 1:

• Go to task manager. (To open press ctrl+alt+delete)
    • Click on Details, select explorer.exe and click End Task.
    • Go to file, located on the top left corner of task manager
    • Type explorer.exe and click on OK.
    • Restart computer and check.
    If issue still persist proceed to the next method.

Method 2: System File Checker is a utility in Windows that allows users to scan for corruptions in Windows system files and restore corrupted files.

To perform SFC Scan, refer to the below link:

Use the System File Checker tool to repair missing or corrupted system files

Note: Steps mentioned for Windows 8/8.1, will work fine with Windows 10.

Your reply is very important for us to ensure a proper resolution.

For further assistance, you can post your query in Microsoft Community.

Vanessa Sohtun, Oct 20, 2021
  4. Task bar now working correctly / sfc scan indicates corrupt files

No Icons visible in task bar, Win 10

Hi Richard,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

As you are facing issues with icons in the Task bar after November update, do let us know the following:

• Is this issue confined only with icons in the Task bar?
    • What happens when you try to click on those icons?
    • What exactly do you mean by: "they are there but not visible"?

Method 1: If you are referring to showing up of different icons in Task in System tray, I suggest you to try the below and check if it helps.

• Press Windows key from the Keyboard, type
      Turn system icons On or Off
      and select it.
    • Try to turn on the icons that are visible.

Method 2:

Step 1: If not, I suggest you to place the computer in safe mode and check if the icons are visible to access.

Refer: Start your PC in safe mode in Windows 10

If the issue still persists,

Step 2: This issue might have occurred due to corrupted or missing system files after the update. I suggest you to place the computer in normal mode and try to perform SFC scan.

Steps: Place the computer in normal mode.

• Press Windows + R keys to open
      Run command.
    • Type msconfig and press
      Enter
    • In the System Configuration
      window, click on General tab.
    • Select Start-up selection as Normal startup, click on Apply and Ok.
    • Follow onscreen instructions.

Perform SFC scan, System File Checkeris a utility in Windows that allows users to scan for corruptions in Windows system files and restore corrupted files.

Follow the below steps:

• Right click on the Start button, click on
      Command Prompt (Admin)
    • Type “sfc /scannow” without the quotes and hit
      Enter
    • After the scan, restart the computer and check for the issue.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue with required information, we will be happy to help you.

Deepika Gowda, Oct 20, 2021
Thema:

Task bar now working correctly / sfc scan indicates corrupt files

1. Task bar now working correctly / sfc scan indicates corrupt files - Similar Threads - Task bar working

2. Corrupted files in sfc scan

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Corrupted files in sfc scan: Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them.For online repairs, details are included in the CBS log file located at windir\Logs\CBS\CBS.log. For example C: Windows Logs \CBS\CBS.log. For offline repairs, details are included in the log...
  3. Corrupted files in sfc scan

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Corrupted files in sfc scan: Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them.For online repairs, details are included in the CBS log file located at windir\Logs\CBS\CBS.log. For example C: Windows Logs \CBS\CBS.log. For offline repairs, details are included in the log...
  4. Task bar now working correctly / sfc scan indicates corrupt files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Task bar now working correctly / sfc scan indicates corrupt files: I just installed a WFH program onto my computer and now am having trouble with the task bar. Can-t type in search bar, windows button won't pop up menu, and wifi networks do not come up either.Ran a sfc scan and it indicates that there are some corrupt files. I got the .log...
  5. Task bar now working correctly / sfc scan indicates corrupt files

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Task bar now working correctly / sfc scan indicates corrupt files: I just installed a WFH program onto my computer and now am having trouble with the task bar. Can-t type in search bar, windows button won't pop up menu, and wifi networks do not come up either.Ran a sfc scan and it indicates that there are some corrupt files. I got the .log...
  6. sfc Scan has unfixed corrupted files

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    sfc Scan has unfixed corrupted files: I've been having a lot of memory management issues on my computer over the past few months and finally did the "sfc /scannow" command to check for corrupted files. Once it was finished it told me that there was files that were corrupted that it was not able to fix.Here is the...
  7. SFC Scan Corruption Occurances

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    SFC Scan Corruption Occurances: Hello everyone I am getting an error log evey time I do a SFC /scannow I get Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files and successfully repaired them. For online repairs, details are included in the CBS log file located at windir\Logs\CBS\CBS.log. For example...
  8. sfc /scannow found corrupted file that could not be corrected.

in Windows 10 Support
    sfc /scannow found corrupted file that could not be corrected.: Help needed to repair corrupt files found after running sfc /scannow. [img] Running W 10 x64 Home Edition 1903 with latest updates installed. Please redirect this thread if posted on the wrong place. 136378
  9. Found corrupt files (SFC scan)

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Found corrupt files (SFC scan): Was on Win 8.1 and found nothing of the sort "windows did not find any integrity violations". Upgraded to windows 10 and boom "Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them." Full DISM log: http://filebin.ca/2SEZKHF2uc6o 36138
  10. SFC Scan Found Corrupt Files...

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    SFC Scan Found Corrupt Files...: As the thread title states. However, my system is running and booting up as it should. This corruption has me concerned. Here's a screenshot of the CMD, after running scf /scannow. [img] I also ran the command, DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth Which...