Windows 10: Task bar obsolete. No icons. Cant sfc. Cant open task manager

Discus and support Task bar obsolete. No icons. Cant sfc. Cant open task manager in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I start my computer. Login. Everything frozen. Cant open task manager. Cant run sfc. Cant see any icons. No functions working.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by DeannaBardney, Jan 7, 2019.

1. Task bar obsolete. No icons. Cant sfc. Cant open task manager

I start my computer. Login. Everything frozen. Cant open task manager. Cant run sfc. Cant see any icons. No functions working.

:)

DeannaBardney, Jan 7, 2019

2. Open Task Manager in Windows 10

In tablet mode, long pressing the windows icon in the task bar will pop up (at release) a menu like that in step 4 above. There the Task Manager is available.

None of the above described ways to open the Task Manager seem to work in tablet mode. Does anyone know? I cannot for my life figure it out, either I'm plain stupid or MS is playing tricks on us...
    Thanks.

OppfinnarJocke, Jan 7, 2019
  3. Screwed up Task Manager

Open up task manager and up on the title bar, over over the very edge of it until the double arrow appears. Once it does, double click it then it will turn out like what is in the pic. *Smile Task bar obsolete. No icons.  Cant sfc. Cant open task manager :)

CrAsHnBuRnXp, Jan 7, 2019
  4. Task bar obsolete. No icons. Cant sfc. Cant open task manager

No Icons visible in task bar, Win 10

Hi Richard,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

As you are facing issues with icons in the Task bar after November update, do let us know the following:

• Is this issue confined only with icons in the Task bar?
    • What happens when you try to click on those icons?
    • What exactly do you mean by: "they are there but not visible"?

Method 1: If you are referring to showing up of different icons in Task in System tray, I suggest you to try the below and check if it helps.

• Press Windows key from the Keyboard, type
      Turn system icons On or Off
      and select it.
    • Try to turn on the icons that are visible.

Method 2:

Step 1: If not, I suggest you to place the computer in safe mode and check if the icons are visible to access.

Refer: Start your PC in safe mode in Windows 10

If the issue still persists,

Step 2: This issue might have occurred due to corrupted or missing system files after the update. I suggest you to place the computer in normal mode and try to perform SFC scan.

Steps: Place the computer in normal mode.

• Press Windows + R keys to open
      Run command.
    • Type msconfig and press
      Enter
    • In the System Configuration
      window, click on General tab.
    • Select Start-up selection as Normal startup, click on Apply and Ok.
    • Follow onscreen instructions.

Perform SFC scan, System File Checkeris a utility in Windows that allows users to scan for corruptions in Windows system files and restore corrupted files.

Follow the below steps:

• Right click on the Start button, click on
      Command Prompt (Admin)
    • Type “sfc /scannow” without the quotes and hit
      Enter
    • After the scan, restart the computer and check for the issue.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue with required information, we will be happy to help you.

Deepika Gowda, Jan 7, 2019
Thema:

Task bar obsolete. No icons. Cant sfc. Cant open task manager

1. Task bar obsolete. No icons. Cant sfc. Cant open task manager - Similar Threads - Task bar obsolete

2. Can't Open Settings but it shows it is open in task bar and in task manager

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't Open Settings but it shows it is open in task bar and in task manager: I have tried most methods so far.Here are some of the methods I have tried:1. Using these Commands in the command prompt:sfc /scannow DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth then restarting pc2.Reinstalling Windows 11 ISO method3. right clicking the settings icon on the...
  3. Can't Open Settings but it shows it is open in task bar and in task manager

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't Open Settings but it shows it is open in task bar and in task manager: I have tried most methods so far.Here are some of the methods I have tried:1. Using these Commands in the command prompt:sfc /scannow DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth then restarting pc2.Reinstalling Windows 11 ISO method3. right clicking the settings icon on the...
  4. cant access windows button or task manager

cant access windows button or task manager: image error msconfig.exe error. don't have access to windows button and task manager. folders on desktop, recycle bin and shortcuts to folder don't open. Advice please...
  5. Win10 Task Manager Icon display in task bar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win10 Task Manager Icon display in task bar: In the "good old days", a couple of years ago, when I ran Windows Task Manager I could set it to display a small active icon in the right end of the task bar what is that area called ...?. It was a black box with green bar graph actively showing CPU use. Yellow arrow is...
  6. Win10 Task Manager Icon display in task bar

Win10 Task Manager Icon display in task bar: In the "good old days", a couple of years ago, when I ran Windows Task Manager I could set it to display a small active icon in the right end of the task bar what is that area called ...?. It was a black box with green bar graph actively showing CPU use. Yellow arrow is...
  7. Win10 Task Manager Icon display in task bar

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. pin task manager to task bar

pin task manager to task bar: Hi, I don't have a question about this I have a solution as I was looking around to find how I might do this all the answers I found were no correct. for some reason the task manager is not in the same place as other apps in windows 10 I found it by left clicking the...
  9. I cant make a screenshot of task manager

in Windows 10 Support
    I cant make a screenshot of task manager: Hello to all! I am using WINDOWS 10 1809 PRO official X64 without any updates. I cant make a screenshot of taskmanager i tried ShareX , FastStone Image Capture and others, i can use these programs to make a screenshot of all desktop, but when i try make a region TaskManager...
  10. my sound icon is not on my task bar cant hear anything

in Windows 10 Customization
    my sound icon is not on my task bar cant hear anything: why is my sound icon missing from my task bar ? can't hear anything https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-sound-icon-is-not-on-my-task-bar-cant-hear/71b13f5e-be91-44d1-a42f-8327f0ef16a4