Windows 10: Task Bar or Something Else - Help Needed

Discus and support Task Bar or Something Else - Help Needed in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Before the Corona virus outbreak I was using a 23" Monitor. But this monitor has a broken power supply, and there is no chance to repair or buy a new... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by stub, Apr 11, 2020.

1. stub Win User

Task Bar or Something Else - Help Needed

Before the Corona virus outbreak I was using a 23" Monitor. But this monitor has a broken power supply, and there is no chance to repair or buy a new monitor. Computers are non-essential business for Covid-19. Mail Order too. Everything under shutdown. So my only choice is to lug my TV monitor 50" into my office every time I need to use my computer (all day long).

The TV has max resolution 1920x1280 and the monitor was less. So I'm not getting anything fitting well on this larger screen. I've been slowing working thru all the problems, most I have to reset after I turn the computer off/on. But there is one thing bugging me more than any other. It's the task bar. I've played around with the task bar settings, and got them to the point where I like what I have. But there is one HUGE problem. I can only see the approx top third of the task bar and it extends further than the screen ends (horizontally). The task bar is approx 30% full and it is on 1 line. Small icons.

I've tried all that I know to reset these taskbar settings. To no avail. So I'm beginning to think it MIGHT not be in the task bar settings, but maybe some screen settings or resolution problem is what I need. Any and all help gratefully received. Win10.

- - - Updated - - -

OK. I was just able to lift the top level of the task bar by dragging it up. Will it stay like that from now on? This is better than before. The task bar is about twice the height as before. I can see all the icons I've added manually to the task bar. But the computer related icons on the left and right in white on the black background, look crunched up, horizontally. They were spread out evenly before I doubled the height of the task bar. Before they looked ok, although I could only see the top third.It now looks almost as if there isn't enough space horizontally for them on 1 line. But I have no idea if these left and right parts can be widened. Which looks like it might do the trick for me. This would suggest to me that widening the left/right sections of the taskbar would help. Although I have no idea if that is possible.

Another problem. Whilst playing with this task bar whilst writing this. It has jumped back to the 1 line task bar (which looks better) but with 50-66% hidden below the bottom of the screen.

- - - Updated - - -

All my task bar settings are all Off except Small Task Bar Buttons.

:)

2. Cannot modify Task Bar settings

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will be happy to assist you.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if the issue persists.

• Right click on the Task Bar.
    • Uncheck the option " Lock the Taskbar."

Hope this helps.

Arvind Ram, Apr 11, 2020
  3. task bar

Hello,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Please follow the below step:

• Right click on the task bar and check if the option "Lock the taskbar" is unchecked.
    • If it is check, I request you to unchecked it.
    • Now drag the taskbar down.

I hope this helps you. If you have any further queries, feel free to contact us. We will be happy to help you.

Thank you.

Amit(Kumar), Apr 11, 2020
  4. Task Bar or Something Else - Help Needed

Unable to hide Task bar

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand that you are unable to hide Task bar. We will assist you to resolve the issue.

I suggest you to try the steps provided below and check if it helps.

a. Right click on the Task bar.

b. Click on Properties.

c. Put a check mark next to ‘Auto-hide’ the task bar.

d. Click on Apply and OK.

If the issue persists try the below steps to restart the Windows Explorer and check if that helps.

Step 1: Press Ctrl + Shift + Esc keys to open Task Manager

Step 2: Click on
    More details.

Step 3: Under the Processes tab, right-click on Windows Explorer entry and then click Restart.

Hope the information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Apr 11, 2020
Thema:

Task Bar or Something Else - Help Needed

1. Task Bar or Something Else - Help Needed - Similar Threads - Task Bar Something

2. Need help to fix problems on my task bar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Need help to fix problems on my task bar: Yesterday I did a Windows 10 S2H2 refresh using the ISO on a USB drive. I have problems with the Search feature and the News and Interests features not working. I've checked the Task Bar settings and everything looks OK. I did a system scan, it found problems and corrected...
  3. Need help to fix problems on my task bar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Need help to fix problems on my task bar: Yesterday I did a Windows 10 S2H2 refresh using the ISO on a USB drive. I have problems with the Search feature and the News and Interests features not working. I've checked the Task Bar settings and everything looks OK. I did a system scan, it found problems and corrected...
  4. Need help to fix problems on my task bar

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Need help with something

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Need help with something: I am currently at my friend's house and he asked me to try and fix his computer because when he opens it, there are no icons on the desktop, the screen keeps refreshing so it seems impossible for me to do anything. I managed to open the task manager but can't do anything...
  6. Windows task bar help

Windows task bar help: Can someone help me fix the taskbar for some reason it doesnt only show the icons and extends out. i want it to only show the icons. submitted by /u/CloudDry9404 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/lzlfef/windows_task_bar_help/
  7. Need help with reverting something.

Need help with reverting something.: So, I use medal to record game clips, but I don't like them hogging a lot of space on one of my drives. So I made a batch file to delete the clips in it everyday at 12:00 AM (with task scheduler). And to make sure it worked, I tested it on desktop first so nothing too bad...
  8. Need Help In Changing Something

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Need Help In Changing Something: I'm not sure what it is called, but if you look at the picture you'll see word "timla". I would like to change this to something. What is the best way of doing this? 144004
  9. Need Help In Changing Something

in Windows 10 Support
    Need Help In Changing Something: I'm not sure what it is called, but if you look at the picture you'll see word "timla". I would like to change this to something. What is the best way of doing this? 144004
  10. Task bar and application Un-clickable randomly, NEED HELP!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Task bar and application Un-clickable randomly, NEED HELP!: So a few weeks ago I noticed my task bar was un-clickable. And I couldn't touch it at all so I went to the web to search for an answer. Only to find a temporary fix. which is to restart Explorer.EXE through task manager, this only fixes the problem for 3 minutes another...