Windows 10: Task bar-pinnable batch script (or equivalent) to restart Windows Explorer?

Discus and support Task bar-pinnable batch script (or equivalent) to restart Windows Explorer? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Every few windows button-presses to access my task bar while having a borderless fullscreen window up, the task bar stays visible even when I click... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Zaga932, Jan 24, 2020.

1. Task bar-pinnable batch script (or equivalent) to restart Windows Explorer?

Every few windows button-presses to access my task bar while having a borderless fullscreen window up, the task bar stays visible even when I click back into the borderless window. I assume this is as some consequence of all the things I've forcibly disabled & broken in an attempt to re-gain some modicum of control & privacy on my PC (things like the menu you access via the button in the bottom-right corner of the screen also doesn't work, and when the task bar glitches out the start menu search stops working, oh well, not what I'm asking for help with in this post). The only way to fix this is to restart the Explorer process. Having to open task manager, find Explorer (it randomly likes to appear at the top or bottom), and restart gets tedious when I have to do it several times a day, so is there any way to automate this so I can just press a button on the stuck task bar to restart Explorer & make it go away? Thanks.

submitted by /u/Zaga932
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Zaga932, Jan 24, 2020

2. auto trivia restart script?

I know everyone is so busy here so I'm suggesting an auto restart script so trivia is a benefit instead of a burden. Can anyone make this script?

vectoravtech, Jan 24, 2020
  3. Task scheduler simply refuses to run a batch script

Thank you for helping me to find the problem Task bar-pinnable batch script (or equivalent) to restart Windows Explorer? :)

Apparently the problem was not that the batch script did not run in task scheduler—in fact, it was the particular command in the batch script. When I ran the task with the updated batch commands that you provided me above, I did not see the background change
    Task bar-pinnable batch script (or equivalent) to restart Windows Explorer? :(, but the log file said that the task started and ended. Yet when I manually ran the script, it changed the background as intended.

And I am stuck again. But at least... PROGRESS Task bar-pinnable batch script (or equivalent) to restart Windows Explorer? :)

Tinker Alpha, Jan 24, 2020
  4. Task bar-pinnable batch script (or equivalent) to restart Windows Explorer?

Unable to hide Task bar

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand that you are unable to hide Task bar. We will assist you to resolve the issue.

I suggest you to try the steps provided below and check if it helps.

a. Right click on the Task bar.

b. Click on Properties.

c. Put a check mark next to ‘Auto-hide’ the task bar.

d. Click on Apply and OK.

If the issue persists try the below steps to restart the Windows Explorer and check if that helps.

Step 1: Press Ctrl + Shift + Esc keys to open Task Manager

Step 2: Click on
    More details.

Step 3: Under the Processes tab, right-click on Windows Explorer entry and then click Restart.

Hope the information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Jan 24, 2020
Thema:

Task bar-pinnable batch script (or equivalent) to restart Windows Explorer?

1. Task bar-pinnable batch script (or equivalent) to restart Windows Explorer? - Similar Threads - Task bar pinnable

2. Batch scripting

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Batch scripting: Hi, here's the code that I used for 3 DISM commands to start automatically after pressing a key:Code and result:Code:@echo off echo You are going to use DISM. echo 1. To check the image. echo 2. Scan your PC's health echo 3. Restore your PC'S health. echo To continue, press...
  3. Batch scripting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Batch scripting: Hi, here's the code that I used for 3 DISM commands to start automatically after pressing a key:Code and result:Code:@echo off echo You are going to use DISM. echo 1. To check the image. echo 2. Scan your PC's health echo 3. Restore your PC'S health. echo To continue, press...
  4. Batch scripting

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Batch scripting: Hi, here's the code that I used for 3 DISM commands to start automatically after pressing a key:@echo off echo You are going to use DISM. echo 1. To check the image. echo 2. Scan your PC's health echo 3. Restore your PC'S health. echo To continue, press any key. echo Before...
  5. PageFile.sys batch script

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    PageFile.sys batch script: Hello, I need help writing a batch script that would configure Windows Virtual Memory based on the amount of RAM installed If you have 4 GB of RAM, set virtual memory to 8 GB (Custom size: set both initial and maximum size to 8192) If you have 8 GB of RAM, set virtual memory...
  6. Batch or Addon to sort task bar icons?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Batch or Addon to sort task bar icons?: I often have a ton of programs open, including five separate browsers. I'd like to keep them in a consistent order after closing/opening and occasionally restarting Windows Explorer. Is there a batch file or an addon that will allow for custom sorting of items on the taskbar?...
  7. Batch Scripts / Programs.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Batch Scripts / Programs.: The members and quests who use this forum know how professional, informative and helpful it is! In order to help members solve their problems/issues we often ask them to run certain programs and perform certain tasks and then upload [ post ] the results to the forum for us...
  8. Batch scripting problems

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Batch scripting problems: So i found a bug. In batch scripting, I can only store 3 variables. I don't know the cause for this. Here's the code, if you need it. @ echo off title Elevator OS by Lackmey on YouTube and Reddit set gdata=No data found (this one works) set 1data=No data found (this one...
  9. Task scheduler simply refuses to run a batch script

in Windows 10 Customization
    Task scheduler simply refuses to run a batch script: I know that there have been many different solutions to this problem posted on the internet and various forums, but I have scoured Google for a solution to my problem to no avail. My problem appears to be unique (something that at this rate I do not want). Now, onto my...
  10. Batch script question

in Windows 10 Support
    Batch script question: Hello, I want make a batch script to delete a spefic folder on the C disk, but how can I get only that spefic folder? I got this: Code: FOR /D %%p IN ("C:\USERS\%USERNAME%\Downloads\*.*") DO rmdir "%%p" /s /q cd C:\USERS\%USERNAME%\Downloads\ del *.* /q /s timeout /t 5...