Windows 10: task bar problem

Discus and support task bar problem in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I accidently moved my task bar, but would like it back to the original position on Windows 10, but can't figure out how to do so. I would really... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Christine Charest, Nov 5, 2018.

1. task bar problem

I accidently moved my task bar, but would like it back to the original position on Windows 10, but can't figure out how to do so. I would really appreciate some help, thank you in advance.

Christine

:)

Christine Charest, Nov 5, 2018

2. Cannot modify Task Bar settings

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will be happy to assist you.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if the issue persists.

• Right click on the Task Bar.
    • Uncheck the option " Lock the Taskbar."

Hope this helps.

Arvind Ram, Nov 6, 2018
  3. problem with task bar

Hi Syed,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to refer the below steps and check if that helps.

• Open the Task manager. Here’s a tip: Press CTRL+Shift+ESC.
    • Click File > Run New Task
    • Make sure you have a check mark beside “Create this task with administrative privileges”
    • Type CMD
    • Type the following 4 commands at the CMD prompt:

dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth

sfc /scannow

powershell

Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers |Where-Object {$_.InstallLocation -like "*SystemApps*"} | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}
    • Close the CMD window
    Let us know if this helps.

Akheel Ahmed, Nov 6, 2018
  4. task bar problem

task bar not responding

Hi,

There are several possible reasons why the task bar is not working as expected. One of them may be caused by a corrupted user profile. In your case, we'd like to ask for additional information to help us determine the appropriate steps to solve the issue.
    Please answer the following:

• Have you made any recent changes or installed updates before the task bar stopped responding?
    • Was the task bar working after you have created the user profile?
    • Have you checked if the issue also exists with the other user profiles?
    • What build and version of Windows 10 are you using?
    For initial troubleshooting, you can follow the steps in this article:
    Troubleshoot problems opening the Start menu or Cortana

We hope to hear from you soon.

Jennifer Cha, Nov 6, 2018
Thema:

task bar problem

1. task bar problem - Similar Threads - task bar problem

2. Task Bar Problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Task Bar Problem: taskbar nor immediate show when i am open the system. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/task-bar-problem/09ae76f7-0e1e-46a2-8f0f-30cbd4e5aed1
  3. Task Bar Problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Task Bar Problem: So I have a windows 11 laptop right, I have a problem that when I right click the taskbar, it only shows Task Manager and Taskbar Settings. I don't know how to put the other things in, could anyone help me?...
  4. Task bar problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Task bar problem: Hi, Today I was unable to access anything from the task bar. There is only the "^" arrow for the hidden icons such as Security and Bluetooth and the OneDrive icon. The clock and calendar are gone as well. Literally nothing happens when I right-click on the taskbar. I'm able...
  5. Task bar problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Task bar problem: Hi, Today I was unable to access anything from the task bar. There is only the "^" arrow for the hidden icons such as Security and Bluetooth and the OneDrive icon. The clock and calendar are gone as well. Literally nothing happens when I right-click on the taskbar. I'm able...
  6. Task bar problems

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Task bar problems: I'm on a Japanese version of Windows 10, with English set as my main language, dual monitors.After installing the June Windows update, some icons are not showing in my taskbar, and my taskbar keep resetting itself- everything freezes for a few seconds, the taskbar disappears,...
  7. Problem on task bar

in Windows 10 Customization
    Problem on task bar: Why i can't click on any on task bar and the that i placed on the taskbar was not there https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/problem-on-task-bar/feb38ff2-cbb2-497c-bfac-c6210b98e911
  8. Task bar problem

Task bar problem: Since an update a few weeks ago my task bar decides for itself if it will be visible or not. I prefer it hidden and have it set that way but it rarely is. I set and reset it but it makes no difference. It can be very annoying having to reposition it frequently to access...
  9. task bar problem

task bar problem: My laptop's task bar colour is gray. I want to change it to white. How can i do it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/task-bar-problem/de6d3922-f653-428f-8614-67be00a72146
  10. Task Bar Problem

Task Bar Problem: I keep losing my task bar on Windows 10... any solutions? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-start-win_taskbar/task-bar-problem/cb13aad3-6be5-4ebb-ba3e-c1d8755b0412