Windows 10: Task bar resizing itself

Discus and support Task bar resizing itself in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hello, the taskbar resizes itself whenever I turn my screen on, and sometimes after a full screen program. I have locked it at the size I want but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/kcirevam, Jan 16, 2020.

1. Task bar resizing itself

Hello, the taskbar resizes itself whenever I turn my screen on, and sometimes after a full screen program.

I have locked it at the size I want but that hasn't helped.

I found this method to fix it.

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...een-game/21997e99-58c0-48c3-99c6-6f501659ca38

When I am going through the regedit I can get to the policies folder. After that there isn't one for explorer.

Not sure what to do, or if there is a better way.

Thank you for your help.

submitted by /u/kcirevam
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/kcirevam, Jan 16, 2020

2. Task bar resize

I didn't know that there was a double bar between task view and my applications when I dragged it and held it down my taskbar went up a half inch. I can't put my mouse on the edge of the taskbar and resize there because of that double
    bar. I don't know how to resize it back without it having to take up 1/8 of my screen.

If you don't know here's a picture Screenshot

Xeon Network, Jan 16, 2020
  3. 4DJeanC Win User
    Resizing Task bar in touch screen

How can I resize the task bar on windows 10 touch screen?

4DJeanC, Jan 16, 2020
  4. Task bar resizing itself

Cannot modify Task Bar settings

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will be happy to assist you.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if the issue persists.

• Right click on the Task Bar.
    • Uncheck the option " Lock the Taskbar."

Hope this helps.

Arvind Ram, Jan 16, 2020
Thema:

Task bar resizing itself

1. Task bar resizing itself - Similar Threads - Task bar resizing

2. Auto maximize and resize by itself.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Auto maximize and resize by itself.: Hi,My device is Asus E200HA notebook. The problem I'm facing is when I open a folder or any other program, the window starts to maximize and resize by itself very fast. It doesn't stop until I close the program. Another problem is when I open a folder it goes Fullscreen by...
  3. Auto maximize and resize by itself.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Auto maximize and resize by itself.: Hi,My device is Asus E200HA notebook. The problem I'm facing is when I open a folder or any other program, the window starts to maximize and resize by itself very fast. It doesn't stop until I close the program. Another problem is when I open a folder it goes Fullscreen by...
  4. Auto maximize and resize by itself.

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Windows task bar keeps resizing

Windows task bar keeps resizing: My windows taskbar keeps resizing itself. I have it set to be on the left on the smallest size but it will regularly adjust itself to be a little wider. I have noticed it will sometime do this when I use full screen applications and it seems to always do this when I switch...
  6. Resizing the Projection Bar

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Resizing the Projection Bar: [ATTACH] How do I resize this bar??? It's driving me nuts as it occupies so much space on the screen. It sticks out like a sore thumb... Please help. https://preview.redd.it/971wora0dkj61.png?width=1360&format=png&auto=webp&s=156007d96efaf6d135e01349f7f0c083b9e4358a...
  7. task bar isnt resizeing

task bar isnt resizeing: Hello my taskbar isnt resizeing and its unlocked an i reset the computer twice and its not working‍ help pls https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/task-bar-isnt-resizeing/70a6cd70-cf64-48dc-938f-0c62c745517d
  8. Task bar does not completely hide itself

Task bar does not completely hide itself: I use auto hide on desktop mode, which worked fine until I update windows/nvidia graphics driver. Now there is a small bar where some of the task bar can be seen. I've restarted my computer several times, tried turning it off/on, and restarted windows explorer, but none of...
  9. Desktop Icon Resized Itself

Desktop Icon Resized Itself: How does the recycle bin icon suddenly resize itself on the desktop? It did on my Windows tablet. How do I get it back to normal? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/desktop-icon-resized-itself/ab239c5e-11b9-40a7-af8a-08935f755e64
  10. Resized Window Resizing By Itself

Resized Window Resizing By Itself: Hi, Every few days or so, desktop windows (e.g., windows explorer) that i have resized revert back to the default size by themselves. The window also changes position from where i had it, putting itself in the top left corner. Whem this problem occurs i also notice changes...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows touchscreeen c ant resize taskbar