Windows 10: task bar search issue

Discus and support task bar search issue in Cortana to solve the problem; task bar search is surrounded with blue highlighter... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by MADHAVA B S, Jun 21, 2021.

1. task bar search issue

task bar search is surrounded with blue highlighter

:)

MADHAVA B S, Jun 21, 2021

2. Cannot modify Task Bar settings

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will be happy to assist you.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if the issue persists.

• Right click on the Task Bar.
    • Uncheck the option " Lock the Taskbar."

Hope this helps.

Arvind Ram, Jun 21, 2021
  3. search box missing in task bar

Hi,

Thank you for your reply.

- Are you using desktop mode or tablet mode?

If you are using desktop mode and facing this issue I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps:

1. Right on the task bar and select
    Cortana.

2. Click on Show search bar.

Check if this helps.

If you are on tablet mode, the search bar will not appear.

Hope the information helps, if you have any further queries, feel free to post. We are here to assist you.

Regards,

Guru Kiran

Guru Kiran G, Jun 21, 2021
  4. task bar search issue

Search Bar/Cortana

Hello,

Thank you for posting your concern here in Microsoft Community and welcome to the Windows 10 family.

From the description, I understand that you are still receiving the pop up notifications, despite having disabled the search functionality in windows 10.

Steps to disable the Search Bar

• Right click on the task bar.
    • Select the "Search" option.
    • Select "Disable."
    However, if the above steps don't work out, perform the below suggested steps and check if it helps to resolve the issue.

Open a CMD window started as Administrator.

Repair corruption: Dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth.

Run this command next: Sfc /scannow

Now run these two commands:

PowerShell -ExecutionPolicy Unrestricted

Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers |Where-Object {$_.InstallLocation -like "*SystemApps*"} | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}

Hope the above information was helpful.

Thank You.

Sayan_Ghosh, Jun 21, 2021
Thema:

task bar search issue

1. task bar search issue - Similar Threads - task bar search

2. Search bar in task bar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Search bar in task bar: Can someone PLEASE tell me where I can find the option to deactivate suggestions and activate recent open things, I know it's somewhere because I activated it in the past, but after a recent format I can't find it anymore and I am going nuts! : :...
  3. Search bar in task bar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Search bar in task bar: Can someone PLEASE tell me where I can find the option to deactivate suggestions and activate recent open things, I know it's somewhere because I activated it in the past, but after a recent format I can't find it anymore and I am going nuts! : :...
  4. Task bar search is not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Task bar search is not working: In Windows 10 taskbar, the search option is not working, in fact, I am unable to type. I have tried many options to repair it but nothing worked. Please help....
  5. Task Bar search feature

in Cortana
    Task Bar search feature: The Cortana feature next to my search box works. But when I attempt to type in the search box, nothing appears. I attempted to fix it through the Task Manager function, by right clicking the search feature and clicking end task. That didn't work. How can I fix the search...
  6. Search icon on the task bar

in Cortana
    Search icon on the task bar: When I click on the search icon on the taskbar the "type here to search" box opens, but when I type nothing happens. No error code, no response, no hints, nothing. I can't think of anything I have done that could have caused this....
  7. search box on task bar

in Windows 10 Customization
    search box on task bar: i have no search box on my taskbar and no "show hidden taskbar button" when i right click on the taskbar. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/search-box-on-task-bar/25f599a6-b4b1-4f2c-b981-a63516008d53
  8. Search on Task Bar Broken

in Cortana
    Search on Task Bar Broken: So I see this is becoming a common problem, and I can safely say I've tried almost everything to fix it. The problem is I can type into the search on the task bar, but all that I see is a grey box with no results, which makes finding my fav programs very tough indeed....
  9. Issue in using window and search icons in task bar

in Cortana
    Issue in using window and search icons in task bar: Since last 3-4 weeks I am facing issue in using windows and search icons in task bar. When I click on them the icons don't work. I have checked windows update, everything is up to date and also tried re-indexing but still doesn't resolve. Sometimes when I restart the...
  10. Restoring search bar in task bar.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Restoring search bar in task bar.: This option does not present itself: Right click the taskbar>Cortana>Show search box I can however, click the windows icon button and start typing to bring the search box up. However, I would like for it to come up on the task bar because that's what it does at work, and I...