Windows 10: Task bar search window too big

Discus and support Task bar search window too big in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I had recently updated windows and noticed that the search bar window suddenly became blown up and too intrusive for my liking. Is their some way to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by kevinval1, Aug 8, 2019.

1. kevinval1 Win User

Task bar search window too big

I had recently updated windows and noticed that the search bar window suddenly became blown up and too intrusive for my liking. Is their some way to shrink it back to its original size? Task bar search window too big e3458820-d789-4753-be16-e40f73be6c8d?upload=true.png Task bar search window too big 7529e4a1-51f2-4d81-a72c-7906f1f40b88?upload=true.png

:)

kevinval1, Aug 8, 2019

2. Windows 10 Defender - How to make it default to task bar?

Using Windows 10 and currently I am using Defender for anti virus. For whatever reason Windows Defender does not show up in the task bar unless I search for the program or right click and scan a file/folder. Is there a way to force Defender to show up in the task bar at start up?

Flogger23m, Aug 8, 2019
  3. search does not work in task bar. DOES work in File Explorer

Task bar search does not work and I have tried all of the recommended steps. Had to recently reinstall Windows 10 64b (preserved personal data) and the search has not worked since.

Suggestions? Recommendations?

Thx

John Vacheresse, Aug 8, 2019
  4. Task bar search window too big

Search Bar/Cortana

Hello,

Thank you for posting your concern here in Microsoft Community and welcome to the Windows 10 family.

From the description, I understand that you are still receiving the pop up notifications, despite having disabled the search functionality in windows 10.

Steps to disable the Search Bar

• Right click on the task bar.
    • Select the "Search" option.
    • Select "Disable."
    However, if the above steps don't work out, perform the below suggested steps and check if it helps to resolve the issue.

Open a CMD window started as Administrator.

Repair corruption: Dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth.

Run this command next: Sfc /scannow

Now run these two commands:

PowerShell -ExecutionPolicy Unrestricted

Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers |Where-Object {$_.InstallLocation -like "*SystemApps*"} | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}

Hope the above information was helpful.

Thank You.

Sayan_Ghosh, Aug 8, 2019
Thema:

Task bar search window too big

1. Task bar search window too big - Similar Threads - Task bar search

2. Search on Task Bar Broken

in Cortana
    Search on Task Bar Broken: So I see this is becoming a common problem, and I can safely say I've tried almost everything to fix it. The problem is I can type into the search on the task bar, but all that I see is a grey box with no results, which makes finding my fav programs very tough indeed....
  3. Search window too big - Windows 10 Home

in Cortana
    Search window too big - Windows 10 Home: Hi The search window that pops up when i hit the search button is too big. (Refer picture) How to reduce its size? And the history is always there even when I have disabled it. Please help. [ATTACH] Thanks Subaddra...
  4. The title bar of windows is way too big

in Windows 10 Customization
    The title bar of windows is way too big: So, overnight, my computer decided to update without my notice, and now the title bar of all my apps are huge and I don't know how to fix it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-title-bar-of-windows-is-way-too-big/a1af13b2-0c0a-44cc-8951-316d95dd6894
  5. Internet search not working from the search task bar

Internet search not working from the search task bar: Hi, internet search is not working when I ask a question in the task bar from windows. It was working before but not cannot search anything. Could you tell me how can I fix this please? (Please open my attachment.)[ATTACH]...
  6. Windows 10 Search Bar too wide

Windows 10 Search Bar too wide: Hi, I think along the way I changed the setting of my windows 10 search bar which made it too big, shown in the picture below enclosed by the red box. I'm hoping to ask about the procedure to do to remove or hide this part of the search menu. Note this is not the start up...
  7. My Search menu is too big!

in Cortana
    My Search menu is too big!: Help me please. I want the old and smaller search menu. Without any reason it became this wide. I am infuriated and rapidly losing patience. I want it smaller like before.[IMG]...
  8. Restoring search bar in task bar.

Restoring search bar in task bar.: This option does not present itself: Right click the taskbar>Cortana>Show search box I can however, click the windows icon button and start typing to bring the search box up. However, I would like for it to come up on the task bar because that's what it does at work, and I...
  9. Task-bar box is too low

Task-bar box is too low: [ATTACH]as you can see when i press the arrow to see what programs I have running the box is too low and the bottom is cut off. For example I have discord running in the background but I cant access it because it has been minimized and the icon for it is below the taskbar for...
  10. Windows 10 Task Bar Search Bug

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Task Bar Search Bug: Windows 10 taskbar search does not work. The normal search, when you open up file explorer works perfectly. I am connected to the internet. I do not use Cortana. I have not registered the E-mail for Cortana. I have tried searching multiple files. It just doesn't work. I'm not...