Windows 10: Task bar search window too big

Discus and support Task bar search window too big in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I had recently updated windows and noticed that the search bar window suddenly became blown up and too intrusive for my liking. Is their some way to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by kevinval1, Aug 8, 2019.

1. kevinval1 Win User

Task bar search window too big

I had recently updated windows and noticed that the search bar window suddenly became blown up and too intrusive for my liking. Is their some way to shrink it back to its original size? Task bar search window too big e3458820-d789-4753-be16-e40f73be6c8d?upload=true.png Task bar search window too big 7529e4a1-51f2-4d81-a72c-7906f1f40b88?upload=true.png

:)

kevinval1, Aug 8, 2019

2. Windows 10 Defender - How to make it default to task bar?

Using Windows 10 and currently I am using Defender for anti virus. For whatever reason Windows Defender does not show up in the task bar unless I search for the program or right click and scan a file/folder. Is there a way to force Defender to show up in the task bar at start up?

Flogger23m, Aug 8, 2019
  3. search does not work in task bar. DOES work in File Explorer

Task bar search does not work and I have tried all of the recommended steps. Had to recently reinstall Windows 10 64b (preserved personal data) and the search has not worked since.

Suggestions? Recommendations?

Thx

John Vacheresse, Aug 8, 2019
  4. Task bar search window too big

Search Bar/Cortana

Hello,

Thank you for posting your concern here in Microsoft Community and welcome to the Windows 10 family.

From the description, I understand that you are still receiving the pop up notifications, despite having disabled the search functionality in windows 10.

Steps to disable the Search Bar

• Right click on the task bar.
    • Select the "Search" option.
    • Select "Disable."
    However, if the above steps don't work out, perform the below suggested steps and check if it helps to resolve the issue.

Open a CMD window started as Administrator.

Repair corruption: Dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth.

Run this command next: Sfc /scannow

Now run these two commands:

PowerShell -ExecutionPolicy Unrestricted

Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers |Where-Object {$_.InstallLocation -like "*SystemApps*"} | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}

Hope the above information was helpful.

Thank You.

Sayan_Ghosh, Aug 8, 2019
Thema:

Task bar search window too big

1. Task bar search window too big - Similar Threads - Task bar search

2. Search bar in task bar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Search bar in task bar: Can someone PLEASE tell me where I can find the option to deactivate suggestions and activate recent open things, I know it's somewhere because I activated it in the past, but after a recent format I can't find it anymore and I am going nuts! : :...
  3. Windows 11 File Explorer Search bar is too big.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 File Explorer Search bar is too big.: Windows 11, File Explorer Search bar is too big and keeps cutting off the file path.The below image is created by double clicking on This PC and double clicking on Local Disk C. The file path is completely cut off. I've clicked on the bar in the middle and resized the search...
  4. Windows 11 File Explorer Search bar is too big.

Windows 11 File Explorer Search bar is too big.: Windows 11, File Explorer Search bar is too big and keeps cutting off the file path.The below image is created by double clicking on This PC and double clicking on Local Disk C. The file path is completely cut off. I've clicked on the bar in the middle and resized the search...
  5. Search button on task bar is too wide

in Windows 10 Customization
    Search button on task bar is too wide: the Search button on the task bar is too wide. How do I adjust it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/search-button-on-task-bar-is-too-wide/aa1492a6-9b96-44c8-8c2b-8965c7784885
  6. Task bar and search bar too big

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Task bar and search bar too big: I updaed my windows 7 to windows 10 , to turn on "show searcg bar" I had to uncheck "use small icons" now i feel its too big. I want my search bar plus small icons. Please help...
  7. Task bar and search bar too big

Task bar and search bar too big: I updaed my windows 7 to windows 10 , to turn on "show searcg bar" I had to uncheck "use small icons" now i feel its too big. I want my search bar plus small icons. Please help...
  8. Task bar and search bar too big

9. The title bar of windows is way too big

The title bar of windows is way too big: So, overnight, my computer decided to update without my notice, and now the title bar of all my apps are huge and I don't know how to fix it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-title-bar-of-windows-is-way-too-big/a1af13b2-0c0a-44cc-8951-316d95dd6894
  10. My Search menu is too big!

in Cortana
    My Search menu is too big!: Help me please. I want the old and smaller search menu. Without any reason it became this wide. I am infuriated and rapidly losing patience. I want it smaller like before.[IMG]...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 start menu search too big

2. how to disable the big search window in windows 10

3. search window on taskbar too big