Windows 10: Task bar shortcuts disappear when i add a new one

Discus and support Task bar shortcuts disappear when i add a new one in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; When I search an app through the windows 10 start menu, right click, pin to task bar, all but 2 of my icons disappear. If I pin shortcuts any other way... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by rai4127, Dec 11, 2018.

1. rai4127 Win User

Task bar shortcuts disappear when i add a new one

When I search an app through the windows 10 start menu, right click, pin to task bar, all but 2 of my icons disappear. If I pin shortcuts any other way I do not have this issue. How Do i fix this?

I think it is important to mention that my laptop may have been a display model at best buy.

:)

rai4127, Dec 11, 2018
  2. Rule-R Win User

Desktop shortcuts disappearing

One of the computers i maintain has a few of the desktop shortcuts disappearing now and then. It runs windows 7, and has a shitload of shortcuts on the desktop.

Any idea what might cause this?

Rule-R, Dec 11, 2018
  3. Cannot modify Task Bar settings

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will be happy to assist you.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if the issue persists.

• Right click on the Task Bar.
    • Uncheck the option " Lock the Taskbar."

Hope this helps.

Arvind Ram, Dec 11, 2018
  4. NancyHaig Win User

I recently upgraded to Windows 10. The task bar on the bottom of the screen suddenly disappeared.

<Original title: Task Bar Disappeared>

I recently upgraded to Windows 10. The task bar on the bottom of the screen suddenly disappeared. I have tried re-booting without success. Any suggestions on how to restore it?

NancyHaig, Dec 11, 2018
Thema:

1. Task bar shortcuts disappear when i add a new one - Similar Threads - Task bar shortcuts

2. Task bar disappears when a fullscreen app runs in the background

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Task bar disappears when a fullscreen app runs in the background: Hi,Please read my issue carefully to avoid confusion with the other more common one.When I have a video game running in full screen in the background, the taskbar should be showing since it's in the background and the current window is something else like Google...
  3. Task bar disappears when a fullscreen app runs in the background

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Task bar disappears when a fullscreen app runs in the background: Hi,Please read my issue carefully to avoid confusion with the other more common one.When I have a video game running in full screen in the background, the taskbar should be showing since it's in the background and the current window is something else like Google...
  4. Task bar disappears when a fullscreen app runs in the background

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. disappearance of task bar and inaccessibility of desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    disappearance of task bar and inaccessibility of desktop: I am using windows 10 and it suddenly started to lag and taskbar disappeared and later the desktop became black with no response and right clicking or pressing start key in keyboard has no response also setting app would not open.In services search app had been suspended....
  6. Disappearing task bar switches to locked when a notification is received.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Disappearing task bar switches to locked when a notification is received.: Microsoft, if you read these, please allow the 'Disappearing Taskbar' behavior to continue working when receiving an orange app notification. There doesn't seem to be a way to disable these and the task bar switches to 'Locked Taskbar' functionality every time you receive a...
  7. Task Bar--Add printer icon

Task Bar--Add printer icon: I have googled. I have watched video's. I have followed instructions. They don't work. I want to add the printer icon to my task bar as I have issues with print jobs. I need to quickly cancel those jobs. I have been unable to figure out how to add the printer icon to the...
  8. Want To Add Download Folder To Task Bar - It Adds File Explorer When I Drop It

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Want To Add Download Folder To Task Bar - It Adds File Explorer When I Drop It: Hey folks, As the title states. I used to have the direct link to downloads folder with a blue down arrow icon in the bottom left of my taskbar by the start button. I removed it accidentally. Now when I drag it back it adds 'File Explorer' with a folder icon. This isn't what...
  9. pin an icon shortcut into the task bar?

pin an icon shortcut into the task bar?: How do I pin an icon shortcut into the task bar? the onscreen instructions do not work. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pin-an-icon-shortcut-into-the-task-bar/2234bfb6-c1d5-4c5d-b851-4b62ef5612a1
  10. Task bar icons disappeared

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Task bar icons disappeared: After running an update a couple of nights ago, the next morning most of the icons on the task bar at the bottom were gone and I can't click on the few that are left. If I minimize a screen, it doesn't show up on the task bar. If I try to reopen the same thing, it says I...